Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned) >

August 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned)

August 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned)

Old 08-06-2009, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Originally Posted by kwhite
Originally Posted by Ninnie
Alright , ready to sew!! Hummmmmm I wonder what KWhite would like?
There are 30 of us this time!
I can't believe how this swap has grown!
It's so good to see so many new ones.
I am so pleased to have you as a partner. You go wild and do whatever your little heart desires. What would you like???
Surprise me, Surprise me!!!
I am quilting on yours again today!
Little tiny stitches for sweet, sweet K! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And it's not purple! :wink:
Ok sunshine. I will surprise you. I will be quilting for the first time ever with someone else. My friend Red Robin and I will be working together. Colletta I will help her make your quilt wonderful too.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:23 AM

I'm looking forward to it! I hope the one I make for Red Robin will be just as nice.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:42 PM

Spent the day hand sewing binding at the shop and picked out the 'blues' for Quilt4u's little quilt. There are so many to choose from. So, now I'm home and have started cutting and will get some sewing done tonight. I'll be back at the shop tomorrow and will sew some more. These little quilts are addictive! I hope you like the pattern I decided on. I've made it before and just love the way it turns out different each time depending on the fabrics. I may try some handquilting on it this time. Who knows???
Old 08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

I finished hand quilting Kwhite's today and will do the binder tomorrow and then it will be ready! :D :D
Old 08-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Pam - it's in the mail!! I hope you get it tomorrow or Saturday. I was so sad to say goodbye to her!! But I know she'll get a very loving home.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:13 PM

My kids were sick so I went into work, got a few things done and came home. I have been working on 2 quilts. Right now I am taking a break from the doll quilt. I finished the other one I was working on. Now looking at the doll quilt I am scared Ruth won't like it. I am running around the house trying to add things to it.
Maybe I am worrying over nothing. I was scared with the last doll quilt I made to. Does everyone freak out until the other person says they like it?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Pam - it's in the mail!! I hope you get it tomorrow or Saturday. I was so sad to say goodbye to her!! But I know she'll get a very loving home.

Wow you are so fast. :D I still have the label to put on mine. Hope to have it in the mail no later than Monday. I have the 3 year old granddaughters this weekend so won't get much of anything done but play princess and do Dora puzzles. :lol:
Old 08-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by imjustme
My kids were sick so I went into work, got a few things done and came home. I have been working on 2 quilts. Right now I am taking a break from the doll quilt. I finished the other one I was working on. Now looking at the doll quilt I am scared Ruth won't like it. I am running around the house trying to add things to it.
Maybe I am worrying over nothing. I was scared with the last doll quilt I made to. Does everyone freak out until the other person says they like it?

I always do. I start second guessing myself the minute it is done and start thinking I should have done something else. :lol: :lol:
I'm sure yours is great ,just having the usual thoughts, just ignore them! :wink:
Old 08-06-2009, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by PamH
Originally Posted by Esqmommy

Wow you are so fast. :D I still have the label to put on mine. Hope to have it in the mail no later than Monday. I have the 3 year old granddaughters this weekend so won't get much of anything done but play princess and do Dora puzzles. :lol:
And that's how it should be Pam. Enjoy your girls and your princess time. Tell Boots & Backpack I said hello. And swiper, no swiping!!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:15 AM

pvquilter - just wanted to give you an update - I finally decided whatto make for you and will be sitting down and putting it together today! I am working on the weekend so won't have much time them but I will let you know how things are coming along!
Kendra