Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >

August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 08-06-2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Linny
Originally Posted by 1234Irene
Well Linny......working on another DQ, trying to decide which one I hope you will like, lol. This one is a new technique for me, paper piecing...... If anything I will be set up for the months ahead, rofl! I may put each one in an envelope, mix them up, and let fate decide which one ya get.
I've never tried paper piecing, so let me know what you think of the process. I'd like to try it sometime. You'll laugh at this, but I'm not a hand quilter so I decided to try it on your quilt. Hope it turns out okay. It'll be fine if you stand back when viewing(way back). I guess we have to start somewhere and I'm having fun stitching. Can hardly wait to see my quilt.
You got a deal.....if you let me know about the hand stitching. I've never tried that one, lol. I hope you like lots of color..........
Old 08-06-2011, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Linny
Well Linny......working on another DQ, trying to decide which one I hope you will like, lol. This one is a new technique for me, paper piecing...... If anything I will be set up for the months ahead, rofl! I may put each one in an envelope, mix them up, and let fate decide which one ya get.
I've never tried paper piecing, so let me know what you think of the process. I'd like to try it sometime. You'll laugh at this, but I'm not a hand quilter so I decided to try it on your quilt. Hope it turns out okay. It'll be fine if you stand back when viewing(way back). I guess we have to start somewhere and I'm having fun stitching. Can hardly wait to see my quilt.
You got a deal.....if you let me know about the hand stitching. I've never tried that one, lol. I hope you like lots of color..........
This is exactly why I joined the Dolls Quilt swap - a chance to try new techniques and push ourselves outside our comfort zone. And you know what, both these quilts will be outstanding when we get to see them :) Keep up the good work.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:30 PM

Ok, I'm just about done with the doll quilt and working on the quilting and trying to use two different threads colors for the top and backing but, I keep getting dots and how do I get rid of them, I'm taking it apart now and it's driving me crazy because the dots are showing help help please...LOL
Old 08-06-2011, 03:03 PM

maybe adjusting the tension on the bobbin thread??? just guessing :)
Old 08-06-2011, 03:08 PM

Grrrr......my attempt at paper piecing looks like a jumbo sized quilt block.... Not at all what I had in mind, lol. Oh well, I discovered that I really like that technique! Maybe I'll try that tube technique......
Old 08-06-2011, 04:02 PM

The mail man brought me a great package today ( actually 2 packages). Krystyna outdid herself sending "just look away", and another pink and lavender masterpiece that I call "ice cream sundae " complete with sprinkles on it.

She also sent some extra pieces for me to create another masterpiece. Now, I will have to get the thinking cap on for sure ;-) ;-) ;-)

My 22 month old dgs looked at all of it and said "O-h-h-h "

Now that is a comment that has no bounds.

Will post pics later. If you have one Krystna- go ahead and post.

Thanks again Krystyna :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Swap Hosts

Yup. "Ohhhh..." sums it up.

Normal doesn't work for me. Sorry ...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-237558.jpe   attachment-237559.jpe   attachment-237560.jpe  
Old 08-06-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Normal doesn't work for me. Sorry ...
There is nothing wrong with this lovely piece of creativity- Normal or not. It makes me look at the circles and see something different each time.

Thanks again :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Swap Hosts

The weird thing is that I actually thought this was going to be a normal one. Then the genie came out of the bottle ...
Old 08-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Krystyna
The weird thing is that I actually thought this was going to be a normal one. Then the genie came out of the bottle ...
Oh you always make us laugh!! Blame it on the genie!!