Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >

August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 08-16-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by jacie
Jennifer, I can hardly wait now to get it and snuggle it nd adore it....jcie it is adorable..........jacie
It went into the mail this morning and you should have it Friday according to the postal clerk.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
how about "black and white, plus one"? all black and white, with one color of your choice.
I like this idea! Sounds fun. :D :-D
Old 08-17-2011, 05:04 AM

I have received my two doll quilts from my partners but am having trouble getting one to post since I lost the cable for the phone. I did manage to get one of them taken before irritating cable walked off. LOL.

This is from Turtle9. Isn't it cute? I am still working on hers. Appliqueing by hands takes me a bit to do sometime.

I will post what I received from MUV as soon as I find the cable again unless MUV you have a picture you can post? She also sent me postcards (my favorite thing) which was great to see. Hers is done and will go out in the mail next week. I even have some postcards for her also. :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-242976.jpe  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 AM

A lovely DQ you received, Bonnie! The colors are so pretty-and I like that stitching around the stars.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Muv

Hello Bonni, So glad the little quilt has arrived, and it's nice that Turtle9 and I chose different colours - all blue from her and all green from me!

Here are a couple of pictures of the doll quilt. I made it entirely on my 1937 Frister and Rossmann transverse shuttle, which can be seen at http://quiltingboard.com/t-130994-6.htm , and this is what I was making on the Youtube video I made showing the use of the seam guide. So all told, I have had lots of fun with this doll quilt, especially as it is the first one I have ever made! Can't wait to see what I receive from Bonni!

I put ribbon, beads and buttons in the centre
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243027[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-243019.jpe   attachment-243021.jpe  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:41 AM

Muv, that is wonderful! I have used buttons before, but not ribbon or beads. Hmmmmm, maybe I need to stretch out. Great doll quilt!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:44 AM

it's just as cute on the back also because she put beads there too. :) Thanks for posting the picture for me!

I'm afraid that what I am doing for you is going to be plain since it won't have beads....I think you'll like it though.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Muv
Hello Bonni, So glad the little quilt has arrived, and it's nice that Turtle9 and I chose different colours - all blue from her and all green from me!

Here are a couple of pictures of the doll quilt. I made it entirely on my 1937 Frister and Rossmann transverse shuttle, which can be seen at http://quiltingboard.com/t-130994-6.htm , and this is what I was making on the Youtube video I made showing the use of the seam guide. So all told, I have had lots of fun with this doll quilt, especially as it is the first one I have ever made! Can't wait to see what I receive from Bonni!
So pretty!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
I have received my two doll quilts from my partners but am having trouble getting one to post since I lost the cable for the phone. I did manage to get one of them taken before irritating cable walked off. LOL.

This is from Turtle9. Isn't it cute? I am still working on hers. Appliqueing by hands takes me a bit to do sometime.

I will post what I received from MUV as soon as I find the cable again unless MUV you have a picture you can post? She also sent me postcards (my favorite thing) which was great to see. Hers is done and will go out in the mail next week. I even have some postcards for her also. :)
I like this pattern and colors. Very nice.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:02 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

[quote=Lynnie25][quote=Muv]can I use synthetic wadding? I know you Americans call it batting, but I can't possibly call it that, that's what the side that's in in cricket is doing.

LOL Muv, my sentiments exactly, batting is a cricket term..oh and our Aussies are good at it too :)
lol - Cricket the bug or cricket the game?