Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm >

August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm

August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm

Old 08-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
This is what I sent Debfaye:
Patterns, magazines, flower pin cushion, stiletto, butterfly items, several 1/3 yds pieces of fabric, rotary blades, patriotism quilt squares, homemade soap, quilting novel, calendar, notepad, and a reusable shopping bag.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432321[/ATTACH]
Did you make the thread holder pin cushion? It is very cute. I wanted to make one and have seen sites on the internet for free pattern.Was it very hard? You did a great job.If you get me as a partner I would love one.lol.Mary
Old 08-26-2013, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
Mail gal was by here at 4 PM today and NO package today...
Still waiting for our mailman to come with my package.sure hope yours comes tomorrow ladybug.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:18 PM

Default secret pal package for august

I just got my package from my secret pal and I will put it all to good use. Deb Poland. I'm sorry I dont know her screen name.
She sent me a scrap quilts book a christmas panel lots of fabrics in different tans. Oh im getting close to making me a brown and tan quilt. And 2 spools of thread.

Thank you so very much Deb. I will put it to good use. I am sorry I cant post a picture from my tablet.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:59 PM

Imsoooo glad you got your pkg!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:11 PM

I love the purse! I need one !lol

I have pictures of Gail ( Sweetwaterquilter's)

P package.. You will not believe this but Gail is my best friend and we live less then 20 minutes apart... We went to a meeting today and when we got back my husband had put her box right where she sits, so she had to read the note I had put on top.... She was overwhelmed so will post pictures and am sure she will be on here later....
Old 08-27-2013, 12:12 AM

I have pictures of Gail ( Sweetwaterquilter's) SP package.. You will not believe this but Gail is my best friend and we live less then 20 minutes apart... We went to a meeting today and when we got back my husband had put her box right where she sits, so she had to read the note I had put on top.... She was overwhelmed so will post pictures and am sure she will be on here later....
What is the name of the purse pattern? And who makes it? Thanks. Its gorgeous.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:14 AM

Hi Ladies... missed you all. I've been out of town and then had computer issues, but was finally able to get on today and catch up on the thread. I received a wonderful pkg from Reginalovesfabric, Thank you again Regina! Being gone over a month you wouldn't believe all I have to do. LOL! My DD and SIL and Gkids will be here Friday for the Holiday weekend before he leaves for Afghanistan for a year, so I've got to get busy cleaning and putting away everything. He is active duty Air Force and he will be training Afghan soldiers so I would certainly appreciate your prayers for him! Thanks again Lori for all your work to make this swap fun and thank you again Regina for all my goodies! Have a wonderful day everyone!
Attached Thumbnails 2013-08-27-07.42.42.jpg  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Power Poster

Cute,cute scissors and pretty fabrics. welcome back Darlene.Mary
Old 08-27-2013, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Painiacs View Post
I love the purse! I need one !lol
Tell Lori to give me your name and maybe I will make you one... It's called Charm Party Tote designed by Penny Sturges and sold under Quiltsillustrated I combine 3 different purse for this one... Put pocket on front and back and did different pockets for the inside... Also made a flap to close it instead of a loop and button....It was featured I Mc Calls Quilting April 2009 under the name of The Big Bag Theory that's where I got the Flap from...Mine has a zipper closure...
Old 08-27-2013, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Did you make the thread holder pin cushion? It is very cute. I wanted to make one and have seen sites on the internet for free pattern.Was it very hard? You did a great job.If you get me as a partner I would love one.lol.Mary
Yes I made it--thank you. They are throwbacks to the '70s. I used to make them for craft fairs. You just take two circles of felt, sew on rick-rack or some kind of decorative trim. Sew and stuff an inner circle, then just 6 or 8 places around the outer circle. Thread a ribbon through the spools and you are good to go. They are easy made with felt, although I think some people use doubled fabric as well.