Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st >

August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

Old 08-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Jan welcome, I hope that means you are joining us.
They can be found mostly at the Floral/bridal counter.November I'm game for anything. as you all know, my turkey was a bust. Dare I try again???Maybe just something simple for me for November. Maybe I'll go funky and re-do a turkey ,or something. Maybe we need a vote. But i'm game for anything. I'll come up with something weird for November. Maybe I'll go to the funky calander holidays and find a weird thing for November. Like National Pecan day or something like that. Last Oct. I did a coffin (Not a casket) in black silvery colors with a red interior.(a not to my previous job).
have a great night all, off to the polish fair tomorrow for perogie, kilbasie and goulmpkies. (That's how my grandpa called 'em).
Old 08-16-2014, 04:29 AM

Here is my suggestion for October - Halloween or Fall Colors.

For November, I received a suggestion from one of our group Jan Rutherford. She said that since Thanksgiving is about food, why don't we have a food theme? There is so many possibilities for pincushions with food such as apples, oranges, pears, cupcakes, ice cream cones, hamburgers, hotdogs, and of course turkeys. Or, use a food fabric. Let your imaginations run wild with this one. It should really be a lot of fun! Or, if you prefer, make something to depict what you are thankful for, which is the true meaning of Thanksgiving.

What does everyone think of these ideas? I want everyone's opinion please. This should be a joint decision.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:54 AM

I like the food idea for November.... Sis I am sure has a ton of them, have you ever seen her birthday cakes???
Old 08-16-2014, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Yes, vote from me miss Kathy. I'm good for food. have a few ideas and patterns laying around.
I'm trying to keep it a bit simple so I don't have to buy Tupperware containers to ship in. Shipping has gotten to b very expensive. My PO bill this month crazy this month.
Off to the polish fair for me today. I'm gonna push thru the back pain, coz I'm Polish. Maybe I'll get a good deal there too.
Everyone, have a great day.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

Hi Jan, I get pins at JoAnn's and wal-mart and Micheals. I think the longest ones come from the bridal dept like Lynnie says. Some have pearl tops ,some have opalesense bead on top. I also got a box of drop shaped pearl ones that the pearls were several shades of tan-brown . I got those online from Hobby Lobby.Hope you join our little pin cushion group. Sis, you are the only one I made a birthday cake pin cush for.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:20 AM

Default August Swap

When I came home today this was waiting for me in my mail. A really cute chicken pincushion (big) from MelanieLyn. It's even in Civil War fabric that I love. Thanks so much Melanie
Attached Thumbnails august-swap-002.jpg  
Old 08-16-2014, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Homeschooling....that's alot of work, but worth it. How many children do you homeschool?
I used to be a sewing teacher for a girl who was homeschooled. I enjoyed it, so did the girl.
Her mom was off her rocker though. kept the kid home so she wouldn't be exposed to germs.
What did she think i was??? Had an all white home so she could see the germs on things.
I drove a school bus part time, did she think all those kids didn't have germs?

Is the sewing a home ec. class?
My oldest goes to private high school, and I homeschool the other four, though the youngest goes to preschool also. Our house is NOT white (what a disaster that would be) and I'm positive it is full of germs, ha, ha! Though I will also admit that I'm usually off my rocker.

I think Claire and I will probably offer a sewing class for young kids some day. Right now, I trade off teaching with a friend. We both teach the basics, and then I teach hers and mine science, and she teaches mine and hers history. I also do a Lego class for the boys and an embroidery class for the girls. While I teach, she takes the toddlers and while she teaches I take them. Our kids are like brothers and sisters to each other - it's neat!

I've missed a lot here! Great pin cushions and needle cases!!

Susan - praying for you all.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:43 AM

Pat, what a cute chicken you got from Melanie. I really like the fabric she used. Good job Melanie!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

silly me, didn't know that was Civil war. just thought it was happy stars. o.k. everyone whip me with a wet noodle. cute chickie.
That home schooling does sound like a lot of fun. I went to Catholic school. one nun and 50-55 kids in a class. when i moved and went to public school i thought half of the class was missing. I want to major in legos and embroidery too!!!
Susan, how's things going? prayers your way.
went to the Polish fair today, not to many good crafts, mostly import junk. very disappointed this year. Did get the Princess Zoey a crawl thru tunnel though. have a great night all. DH's bday tomorrow, gotta make a cake.Triple chocolate. Mmmmm.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:14 PM

Lynnie, tell your DH happy birthday from all of us.