Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Mug Rug Swap:  At the Zoo (maker's choice) >

August Mug Rug Swap: At the Zoo (maker's choice)

August Mug Rug Swap: At the Zoo (maker's choice)

Old 08-13-2015, 01:40 PM

I had so much fun making that zebra! I felt like I was sending one of my babies away to Ronda -- but I know she'll take really good care of him!
Old 08-13-2015, 01:42 PM

Nan62 -- no, that wasn't me. I can give you a hint of who did -- think postcard!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:06 PM

Hi everyone!
Phew, I've missed so much and just now caught up on all the happenings. So much going on here (in a good way) that sometimes getting on to check the board is just not able to happen.

dotcomdtcm-William the Elephant is wonderful! And I just know Lynnie is thrilled to have him. Congrats Lynnie. Hope to see you back soon. You were missed.

Cheesehead- that sneak peek for Omee5 is a hoot. I have an idea but don't want to spill the beans.

Nan62-the monkey mug rug for dfelker is awesome! Love the sheen the thread tosses in there.

FabQuilter- I love orange! And I love the vibrant orange fabric you used. I can't wait to see the whole mug rug.

Ctyankee-I almost did a zebra, too. The same pattern, too! Yikes.

rwquilts-Another grand slam. Love, love, love the ellie.

And last but not least, for my partner, Crqltr, your package is going out in tomorrow's mail (Friday). As you know, the mug rug itself has been done for some time. I'm just packaging it now. (I'll email Elisabrat this info so she knows.)

Best,
deb in Maine

Last edited by Whigrose; 08-13-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nhnative View Post
I just bought that same fabric and it was at The Spider's Web quilt shop in Ohio. Go on their website and it's under Wild Animals and then Animal Kingdom
Thank you!
Old 08-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Power Poster

Oh my, that zebra is too wonderful!! And all the other 'goodies', as well.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

Love the elephant and the zebra. such craftiness. They are both so darn cute. sorry I sat out this month.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Love the elephant and the zebra. such craftiness. They are both so darn cute. sorry I sat out this month.
I almost tried to twist your arm Lynnie...sorry I didn't.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:07 AM

Default More zebras!

Thank you Terriamn . Terrific embroidery and fun extras. Zebras are really beautiful animals.
Attached Thumbnails august-mr-terri.jpg  
Old 08-14-2015, 12:00 PM

Hi all,

I'd like to share with you the gorgeous, handsome giraffe (and other goodies) that Crqltr sent to me. I have thanked her in a pm which included the tracking number for her package from me. She should receive that on Monday.

She did the beautiful, smaller, animals print mug rug after completing the giraffe piece, which she thought was too large. I would have been very content had I received one or the other, but the both of them together... What a lucky, lucky girl I am. I am so in love with this giraffe piece<3<3<3.

It is pretty clear to me that she truly enjoys embroidery. Check out the tall fella's tail and mane-they are beautiful. In the gray areas is vine and leaf quilting-not sure that you can see it. I totally love this piece! I hang all my mug rugs I receive (and mini quilts) in my sewing room. When I look at them, it always amazes me how creative folks are-whether an original design, or web-inspired. Our personal flavor goes into every piece and I just love that.

Included in her package was an information sheet about Petoskey stones, a Petoskey stone set in a magnetic holder, a pattern for a two-card holder (I see small 'extra' gifts in future swaps , and a sweet personal note card.

And don't you just love the funky zebra fabric she used on the back of the animals print mug rug? I do!

Crqltr, again, thank you for everything. I was fun being your swappie.

Best,
deb in Maine
Attached Thumbnails 2015-mug-rug-swap-crqltr-001.jpg   2015-giraffe-crqltr-003.jpg   2015-zebra-backing-fabric.jpg  
Old 08-14-2015, 12:38 PM

Terriann, gorgeous zebra mug rug you made Dotty! Deb, both of your mug rugs are fantastic, great job Crqltr! Funny thing is, I KNOW I have that zebra fabric that's on the back of your mug rug. I looked everywhere for it so I can only imagine it's in the sewing room in Alabama. I never know which material to haul back and forth, what's a girl to do?

Jan