Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Mug Rug Swap:  At the Zoo (maker's choice) >

August Mug Rug Swap: At the Zoo (maker's choice)

August Mug Rug Swap: At the Zoo (maker's choice)

Old 07-28-2015, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

I just found this great little tute for doing bindings. It shows the mitering of the corners and joining the binding ends, very clearly. I thought anyone having trouble with their bindings might like to see it. If you do the corners as she shows, you will always get nice square corners, not round. Enjoy!

http://lellaboutique.blogspot.com/20...y-binding.html
Old 07-28-2015, 12:15 PM

marybrace what a nice thing to say....thank you for such high praise. I really don't deserve it though, I learn or should say try to learn something everyday if I can, even if it's the news You just quit aging and I'll keep taking my b-days as they come...I'll catch up quick since I'm 69 now
sewbizgirl, that is one thing those judges are really strict over and to make sure your binding is full. Found out there should be no "thin" space. I'm starting to do mine at 2 1/4" instead of 2 1/2".
Old 07-28-2015, 01:04 PM

Congratulations, jaba! I'm not surprised at all that you have blue ribbon winners!

Yes, if someone's name is on the list twice, they have signed up for 2 swaps. I honestly don't know if they make 2 of the same or make 2 different ones. I have wondered about that ... anyone want to share that info?

Is everyone getting excited about this swap? I am! I did snap a sneak peek ... now to get that baby downloaded.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:13 PM

Here's my sneak peak -- hope I'm not giving too much away!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526329[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2776.jpg  
Old 07-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

That looks seriously cute, ctyankee!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:06 PM

Heehee! And it was a lot of fun, too!

I really love this theme!
Old 07-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
Heehee! And it was a lot of fun, too!

I really love this theme!
Yup, it sure does have something for everyone. Can't wait to see what everyone is making.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:49 AM

Sign ups are done with as much care as possible to give partners a new partner each month however unfortunately there is no guarantee your partner for this month does not have another partner also. Please understand its hard enough to give you a new partner let alone pick a solo one for you the list is long each month and in order to get the list partnered up and given out in timely fashion special orders can not be accommodated. Know that the people who play in this swap really try to please so I am sure whomever your ending up with you will be understanding. Thank you to everyone for understanding.

Jaba congratulations big time. You always do such precision work on your quilts and your binding by hand is really great. Egad! if your getting nicked for extra fabric on the fold line gulp not ever showing my work! if you ever ever need help with binding go to Jaba. She does it with such ease. You must be very proud of your hard work. It pays off so very nicely.

Thanks dfelker and Jaba for your kind words. I like to ramble also but was told that it really was offensive to suggest things that people are smart enough to come up with their own. So I wish to offend no one. send me your requests for ideas any time however you like. I hate to lose any players or make them unhappy. That is a hard one to do.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:47 AM

Jaba, congratulations on your quilts!!! That is awesome! I am not sure I want to sign up for this particular theme, cause zoo animals aren't really delightful to me...(hold the boos please)...I do love ctyankee's sneak peak...I can guess what that is, and you paper pieced it! Which I do adore! I will think on this a bit longer, and perhaps something will pop into my mind that is associated with zoo animals without being too zoo-ie? LOL! I know if I don't sign up, I'll miss out on the fun...this is tough girls!

BTW Brat? You are a dear and I love your fun suggestions and chatting! It's not like you're holding a gun to anyone's head or anything right?
Old 07-29-2015, 03:59 PM

Only 2 more days to sign up for the Pincushion/Needlecase swap. Everyone is welcome. Come join us!