Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Theme "Summer" >

August Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Theme "Summer"

August Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Theme "Summer"

Old 08-05-2015, 04:52 AM

Where does the time go? I haven't even started mine yet but I do have an idea. Picking the fabric is the hard part so hopefully I can get it done and mailed next week. Finally got the new computer straightened out, I hope. Last week was so hot here and today it's finally cooling down some. I hate summer and looking forward to the fall.
Everyone have a great day
Old 08-05-2015, 06:14 AM

Mine is on the way to it's new owner, hope she likes my "summer" pick. Now back to picking green beans....
Ht here yesterday 100.1 and humid so far today. We had lots of hard rain last night and wind. This morning it's so still and calm it's kind of spooky
Old 08-05-2015, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Jaba when it gets real still like that is when I worry. Stay safe and have fun canning your beans. Pat how is the new comp. Do you have windows 10? I have windows 8 and it took forever for me to learn it. I been wondering how good 10 is. Enjoy your new comp.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:42 AM

We finally had 2 days of sun after 21 days of rain. It wasn't a little rain every day but a deluge. Major flooding all around the area. In fact people were in kayaks, canoes and actually a jet ski in the roads. I saw on the news that someone drove into water on the street and the car started floating. There was that much water. Hopefully things will settle down now to our normal rainy summer days. I don't know how many times I've said "I hate Florida!"
Old 08-05-2015, 11:56 AM

Klaws. I got both my PC/-NC sent today in the mail. Yea. After pushing last months deadline , embarrassingly, I got mine done early and sent. Great feeling. I shared one of my favorite received PC which I use practically every day. For my hand sewing . Love it .... One was done with bright flowers , turquoise, greens and pinks. and the other with material depicting summertime things I do. I love this theme as well as the mug rug idea too. Now we're Leakey/and Frio River bound to spend days with my son and family ( who serve as missionaries in Costa Rica and Equador. ) They leave this Sat for 4 yrs. . So we're looking forward to floating , eating, sunning, kayaking, eating , making s'mores, did I mention eating .... lol. Blessings to you all
Old 08-05-2015, 11:57 AM

So far the computer is working good. I have Windows 8 but I can upgrade to Windows 10 if I want to. I'm waiting to see how many people are having problems with it. I had Windows Vista and I loved it.

Karen that's awful about all the flooding. I didn't think it was where you live. I have a cousin that lives in Dunedin and another one in Orlando. I think the first one lives sort of near you and she didn't mention anything. I would like some rain as I think it's been almost 2 weeks since we had any and it doesn't look like any until Monday. Hope you dry out.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:54 PM

Yes, Pat, Dunedin is very close to me. In fact that have to most fantastic quilt shop there (Rainbows End). They have one huge room with just Christmas fabric. I could spend a whole day there and probably not see everything.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

We've had so much rain this year also. Our pasture is so green,usually dry and brown by the middle to end of June. Here it is Aug and green. We got about 1 1/2" of rain since midnight. dryed off about noon. suppose to be like that for the next 2 days also. It's heading east. Hope you get a beak from it Karen. Maybe you'll get some of it Pat. I plan on mailing my swap tomorrow. I also have a little surprise for someone else. Humm wonder who and why huh? Everyone have a good evening.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:42 AM

For those who love batiks, Hancock's of Paducah has their Hoffman Bali batiks on sale for $6.99 yard today.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:22 AM

I still have had no rain. My in the ground flowers look awful and all my hostas are getting burned. I have 2 pots of petunias that actually look good. I haven't even started on my pincushion yet. Now I keep changing my mind. One way or another I am mailing it next week. I've been doing yard sales today with my granddaughter and she got a lot of jewelry. I got a tapestry suitcase on wheels so I'm all set for vacation. NOT. It was $1 and I'm going to put some fabric in it. Then I got a bag of upholstery fabric for $1, and some pieces of cotton fabric.
Everyone have a great day