Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Theme "Summer" >

August Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Theme "Summer"

August Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Theme "Summer"

Old 08-11-2015, 05:16 PM

Jan Rutherford couldn't post any photos of the package I sent her, so here's a photo I took before I mailed it out. She received it yesterday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527552[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2784.jpg  
Old 08-11-2015, 05:45 PM
Power Poster

Pamela, What a cute pincushion. It looks like your looking through a window at the butterflys. I love those tissue covers. I try to make one and a coin purse to put in the purses I make for friends and family.Cute needlebook too. It all looks summery.Good job.I'm sure Jan loves it. All that and CHOCOLATE too.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:09 AM

I received this amazing little surprise from lawsonmugs last night. So fun, I just love this little camper and needlecase. We have some unexpected company and their camper is parked in front of the house now and they think they should have it! Not a chance.....need the pattern for the knob pot holder too, it's almost like a little hat. Thank you Mary for such a nice package, I love it!!!
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg  
Old 08-12-2015, 06:38 AM

I posted the July collage picture on the July thread if anyone is interested in seeing it.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:22 AM

Mary the camper is adorable! What did you make the wheels with and how did you attach them? What is a knob
pot holder?
Old 08-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

This is a closer picture of the pot holder. It works like a shower cap with a brim. You slide it over a round knob type handle. Like on a crockpot. They are handy . I keep mine on my crockpot so I can find it. Use it on any knob type handle. it also is reversible. Simple to make . The wheels are store bought wooden ones. I glued them to a piece of dowel and it slides through a small sleeve type thing sewn on the underneath. The hitch part is just a piece of wood with a wood bead on the end. I have no pattern for the pincush. So I can't pass it on. Sorry. There are red buttons on the back for tail lights. I put a clothesline with a mini quilt on the other side just for fun.It was fun to make but took quite awhile and a lot of frustration. I'm so glad Jan liked it.
Attached Thumbnails dscf0232.jpg  
Old 08-12-2015, 12:36 PM

Pamela what a great swap you made for Jan. I just love the butterfly fabric and everything is so nice.

Mary what a cute camper. I had never seen a pot knob before but what a clever idea.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:18 PM

jaba -- what an adorable camper from lawsonmugs! Mary, you are beyond talented! To think you made this without a pattern! That took some serious thinking, & it turned out perfectly! I never heard of a pot knob, either, but now I want one! Everything else in your swap package is wonderful -- love the n/c & the lip balm holder, too. Super goodies, too!
Old 08-12-2015, 02:19 PM

WOW...that camper pincushion is awesome! And the potholder is something I definitely want to learn how to make, great job Mary!

Pamela, the butterfly pincushion and needlecase are so pretty, that chocolate bar looks delicious!
Old 08-12-2015, 04:01 PM

HI everyone, Still haven't heard anything on the apartment and almost as far as I can go alone on packing, need to wait for the Patty to get a free day so she can help me with the cupboards, the high shelves and the underneath ones that have stuff I won't need. I am going to get into the next swap I have time and maybe will help take my mind off of waiting... My furniture is in my house and I love even more then I did in the store... Don't know how to post a picture up top but can post one here if Karen says it's okay....