Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Quilting in the New Year Swap >

August Quilting in the New Year Swap

August Quilting in the New Year Swap

Old 08-11-2011, 05:38 AM

With nancia - we should be up to 16
Old 08-11-2011, 02:43 PM

Now 17 - for this early that's great. Since a lot of the regulars aren't signed up yet.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:23 PM

(fill in name here) come on down, your the next partner in the New Year Swap! lol
Old 08-11-2011, 05:11 PM

Got a question that I'm throwing out to all of you.

What are your favorite items that you have either received or made or saw someone else receive?
Old 08-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by dream56
Got a question that I'm throwing out to all of you.

What are your favorite items that you have either received or made or saw someone else receive?
Hmm. The first part is easy.....

My favorite thing I received is the tote bag with dragon motif that you made me. Sorry everybody else but I love it so much I'm well on the way to wearing it out.

The rest of the question is harder because I've not seen anything I *didn't* like nor received anything that I didn't like. My partners have always been very good about listening to the size of things and colors I like etc. I've used everything that I receive. It all starts with me taking it to the office and hanging it up for a bit. If it's a table runner, like I recently received, then I put it on the pull out tray on my desk. My pot holders that I've received I use every day and are hanging up in the kitchen so they are real handy. The pin cushions are all around my work area so I'm golden on everything that I've gotten.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:14 PM

Ok here goes Dee.
Favorite thing received is a tiss up between the Amy butler bag which I have almost worn out and the two wonderful sewing purses. Of course everything else I've received are equally beautiful and loved but these three are just sooooo useful.
I have two tablerunners that get alternated on the downstairs coffee table and now my memory is slipping cos I think I've lost a months gift somewhere not in reality only in my mind.
So far there is nothing I've seen that I would turn my nose up at. And the girls I work with look forward to ah months goodies.
Sorry I'm not being much help.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:40 PM

That is all great - this gives our newbies some ideas.

As for me - favorite is probably the totebag from Nancy since I use it everyday. I know I make them but haven't made myself one yet. The wall hanging from Bonni I still use on my kitchen table and rotate it with the other table toppers I got. And I love the pin cushions, doll and fabric hostess gifts as well.

I too love everything I've seen made so far. The one I made and loved the most was the sweatshirt top even though it nearly drove me crazy making it. Love the element of surprise, even with all those hints.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:12 AM

Bless the hearts of those who answered Dee's question. I love everything I have received. We have a superb group of swappers and love seeing more and more join :)
Old 08-13-2011, 09:27 AM

Hey I finally figured out the swap I lost in my mind. Was a darling purple thread carcher/pincushion. Figures the most recent which is on the sewing table would be the one I forget!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by lindyline
Hey I finally figured out the swap I lost in my mind. Was a darling purple thread carcher/pincushion. Figures the most recent which is on the sewing table would be the one I forget!
LOL - I guess we are getting older and losing our memories. It is just so much fun to get anything made by someone else.