Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-12-2012, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Brenda21 - .Juli - love the deal YOU found for $10. Too cute. I must tell you that I was totally wishing my DGKs lived closer so they could have shown me how to open that locking box you sent. I have my stiletto beads in it (finally). It truly IS secure especially with ME as its owner. haha.
Yeah, I had to get it. I thought that it would look cute hanging in a little girl's room. The lady who made aparently doesn't do that kind of work anymore, so she was practically giving her things away. I think $10.00 should be pretty much considered giving it away for the work she must of put in making it. The outer part is stitched, but the dolls are all hand stitched. I have always loved Sun bonnet Sue things. I just think she is so cute. I bought two fat quarters of it in WI, but I have never seen Sun bonnet Sue material around here where I live. My mom just won a Sun bonnet Sue like throw over for the top of the couch. She saw it at a raffle she went too, someone made just for it to be raffled of at her EVQ. She wanted it to badly for Brooklyn. They were selling the tickets for a $1.00, so she bought one and her number ended up being called. Its a really pretty one.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 AM

Onalee it was my pleasure! I had much fun putting it together since you and I have much in common! Enjoy! Juli that is a cute Sunbonnet Sue wall quilt and for $10 its a steal! Raining here today in Fl so I'm going to work on some machine embroidery that I have been putting off. Everyone enjoy your Sunday, can't wait for Monday to see if my SP pkg. arrives!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:51 AM

Got my SP package from one of the Mo. Marys: happystitchermm. She really went out of her way to quilt up a storm for me. I got a table topper size quilt with wonderful bright stars on it, a fabulous quilted sewing machine cover that's immediately going on the Bernina that I leave out all the time plus a darling thread catcher which is the one thing I had asked for.

I also got a McCall's quilting magazine, a huger canister of Ghirdelli's cocoa mix, a bag of licorice twizzlers, 2 pieces of fabric, a pack of machine needles and a bag of Riesen's chocolates.

What a wonderful SP package! Thanks again!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Swap Hosts

Here are pix of the MAGNIFICENT package I received from Stitchingpost. It was like clowns coming out of a Volkswagen! It took forever to unpack and each bit was more delightful than the last! As you can see ... the contents covered my cutting table. (And I apologize for the delay in posting pix, but hubby was hard at work cutting lace for me!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355127[/ATTACH]
She sent me THE most delightful sewing machine caddy ... and you don't know how much that was needed since just this morning I dumped a dozen spools of thread on poor Daisy Mae's head and nearly gave her heart failure. Isn't it cute?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355128[/ATTACH]
Then there was an issue of McCall's Quilting with some of the most adorable bag and quilt projects that I really want to try soon, treats for my babies of the canine sort, garden twists (which are going into use immediately), planter water gauges (ditto), white lace trim, a flip flop votive holder, colorful nail files, TWO quilt pattern CDs ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355129[/ATTACH]
A jar opener, a tape measure tissue holder (how cute!), extra tissues, votive candles, an adorable quilting ornament, English paper piecing project complete with needle, thread and fabric, a Rosary air freshener (in the 15 years I've been selling religious items I have NEVER seen one of these before!), four kinds of delightful fabric including one with rhinos!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355140[/ATTACH]
There's more!!! A fun and done Jazzy Jewels quilt pattern (I was eyeing this at a quilt show a while back), a hilarious Kentucky Night Life postcard, a Puff Quilting Clip Set (I've never even heard of this before, but it sure sounds like fun), a GAZILLION cute and fun project sheets ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355142[/ATTACH]
Index cards, a Philadelphia Cream Cheese cookbook, extra tissues, MORE project sheets ~ fun, fun, fun!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355143[/ATTACH]
A center to trim guide (you must have seen some of my squares and knew I needed this!) Grandpa's Sawmill pattern ... and ... MORE quilt project sheets!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355144[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355145[/ATTACH]

What an incredibly thoughtful and wonderful and delightful and fun filled package!
Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!!!!
'

Attached Thumbnails august-sp-1.jpg   august-sp-2.jpg   august-sp-3.jpg   august-sp-4.jpg   august-sp-5.jpg  

august-sp-6.jpg   august-sp-7.jpg   august-sp-8.jpg  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Wow, Krystyna. Incredible package!! I'm speechless (well, almost - lol).
Old 08-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Swap Hosts

Me, too, SharonAnne! I am going to have sooooo much fun going through all the project sheets. What a wonderful pal I had!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:12 PM

Nice package K...the sewing machine caddy is adorable!!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Me, too, SharonAnne! I am going to have sooooo much fun going through all the project sheets. What a wonderful pal I had!
Wow some great SP packages and the sewing machine caddy you can pack up and send here K.... ANd the other big package O got... My goodness... Love love the material, looks like that package was really meant for me...
Old 08-12-2012, 05:19 PM

My SP, savannarandoms, sent a message that she has received my package, haven't seen her post anything on here. I'm waiting on this end, haven't received mine yet, maybe tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:49 PM

Iam so happy you liked everything,,,,,the sewind machine caddy i made .that was the 3rd one i have made,gave one away last month to sp,and gave one away for a b/d present,still havnt made me one yet.lol,,,the pattern is a simplicity.pattern, a( its so easy). # A2106.....its only $1.97,,,,not inbook. On rack at walmart,,,if any one would like one,,,,enjoy Miss k