Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Swap Hosts

Oh, Lori, that doesn't sound too good. I hope you have someone to help you around afterwards. I would ask lots of questions about recovery time and pain management. Neither of us are spring chickens and these things can take their toll.

Before we moved I had a basal cell carcinoma in my scalp removed. It was slightly above and behind my right ear. While I'm sure it would be no big deal to most people, had I known what the recovery would be like, I never would have done it at that time. It took weekly visits to the surgeon for about six weeks. When it was all finished, she showed me a photo of what it looked like. I nearly passed out because it was such a large deep hole. Rod had to clean it for me and "fill it" with antibiotic a few times a day.

What you're going through is sooooo much more serious. Be sure you're well prepared for the aftermath. Sending you more prayers and lots of hugs.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Swap Hosts

SP - here's a hint - you do not care for celestial beings. At least not on fabric. While you are very loving, you don't want to "wear your heart on your sleeve" ...
Old 08-03-2014, 01:09 PM

Lori,
I agree with Krystyna here. Do find out if you haven't already to find out the healing time and reach out to those near you for some help.

I went out today and shopped for my SP. Got her favorite colored fabric and some items she's been wanting. Now off to my SP box and sew something!
Old 08-03-2014, 02:57 PM

A couple hints for my SP....
1) You live west of me and I was just in your state on vacation
2) You like to crochet
Old 08-03-2014, 03:04 PM

Ordered my SP her most wanted item yesterday, hopefully it gets here soon. Today got an item quilted and ready to bind tonight...and then just kept sewing, 1 of this and 1 of that, and that, and that one too. Got some fabric ready that I think she will like for autumn too. Just about ready, have to wait for the mail before I can mail. She lives in a state that 1 of my sons live in.....way east of me....
Old 08-03-2014, 03:09 PM

I don't believe I've seen my SP ever post on here but perhaps she reads this thread so I'll provide a couple of clues:

1. You love cats
2. The thing you want the most is not a material item, but an altruistic desire
Old 08-04-2014, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I did talk to the surgeon and he did explain how he would do it. The type of surgery is Open Incisional Hernia Repair using component separation technique with mesh. Which means he will not do laporascopic but open incision and then will close each layer of skin, muscle and the mesh separately.
I had this done with the mesh and loved how my tummy looked afterwards....good luck and quick healing
Old 08-04-2014, 10:59 AM

My spal is one I've had before not very long ago. She is way west from me.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:06 PM

I have also had my secret pal before - and she is tons of fun to spoil. I already know one thing I'll make....hmm...what else?!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:18 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know, I got my two secret pals but no clues to offer. My brother-in-law came to live with us to get off alchol and has ended up in ICU in a coma. I did not know alchol detox could be deadly and he ended up having a seizure in church yesterday and many since being at the hospital and is in bad shape. I will get my gifts out on time, just will not have the fun of teasing and clues. Please understand. I am the family point of contact and decision maker for him. It is really tough.

Prayers are appreciated. His name is Vern.

Thanks,

Kathy