Autumn Leaves Block Swap- Sign ups close 9/15/2015 >

Autumn Leaves Block Swap- Sign ups close 9/15/2015

Autumn Leaves Block Swap- Sign ups close 9/15/2015

Old 09-07-2015, 10:29 AM

Beautiful, Katie!
Old 09-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

Thank you for all the well wishes. They are working! I am not back to myself but definitely better then a week and a half ago.

I am still on the fence but have fabrics ready and the patterns picked out. So today and tomorrow I hope to make some blocks and see if it looks like I will have enough blocks to send by the time they need to go in. One thing I did notice is that some patterns are very similar or the same as some others made. I guess there are just so many ways to make a leaf. I hope this is not an issue. Of course they will be different fabrics. OK Off to cut some pieces and sew.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:50 PM

Anna - so good to hear you're on the mend! I'm sure whatever pattern you decide to cut & sew will be perfect

Here's a recap of my 3rd and final set . . . Jaba, it is an easy pattern for sure (somehow I "tried" to confuse myself at one point and had to use that seam ripper , and I just don't like to take out a seam!!!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]530187[/ATTACH]

In the morning I will mail these to our wonderful leader - Mariposa!!! Yea!!!!
Attached Thumbnails fall-block-swap-2015-3rd-set.jpeg  
Old 09-08-2015, 01:59 PM

I am making the same set now Katie and have also had to use the seam ripper, easy to add the background to the wrong sides of the B Squares. Think these will be my last set. Too much going on right now
Old 09-08-2015, 05:24 PM

KLT they look awesome! Glad mine were done and gone, had 10 extra people here for the last 10 days....not too much sewing....ha ha. Youngest son went to pick out fabric, bought, came home and drew his own pattern, king size. Mercy been sewing and sewing...measures 106X106" maxing out my quilt table for sure. Sewn together and on the table, 2 1/2 rows = 1 bobbin....going to be awhile...can hardly wait to start the hand binding
Old 09-08-2015, 05:37 PM

Well Terriamn & Jaba, maybe we'll get a block from each other . My package is ready to go in the morning.

Jaba, I was going to suggest that maybe you could rest a little since your company has vacated . . . but with the new quilt project from the youngest son . . . on second thought, you better take a quick rest!!! I know I've never made a quilt that size before - purely a labor of love
Old 09-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Power Poster

OK Fabric cut for making 5 blocks, four for the swap and one for me. Maybe I get most sewn together tonight.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:41 AM

Jaba good luck that is a huge quilt to work on.

I have lived in my house 40 years and in April we started the plans for a tear down of our 1918 garage, a new 2 plus to replace it, a cement driveway, all the sidewalks around the house removed and replaced tilting slightly away from house, wrapping house, adding aluminum siding to house and all the trim and lastly replacing the 5 remaining windows that we haven't previously replaced. It was a major hassle figuring out what we should do and what were our priorities. Then had to decide on a contractor etcetera etcetera. Work was supposed to start in June, one thing after another delayed it and yesterday was supposed to be the big day. No show, hubby called and the subcontractors with the excavator couldn't get here till today. My dh is normally very laid back and he is about to go crazy with worry and frustration, in the process sending me over the edge. If they don't show today I think I will grab my sewingmachine and run away from home. Phew sorry but sure do feel better just writing about it
Old 09-09-2015, 08:54 AM

Great job Anna, you are on a roll. I have one set of foundation fabric sewn for an embroidery leaf design, have a brown leaf fabric and a wheat cream fabric picked out for another block, but not sure what I want to do. Sat last night, healing (injured back again), and purusing pattern books of what I may want to do. Found a couple, but not sold yet. Will keep looking, like Anna said, not a lot of different once, but a variety of fabrics will make them pretty.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:56 AM

Hurrah, venting must have done the trick I don't have to run away from home. The work has begun