Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread >
  • Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

• Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by GramE
    Some days the sewing machine and I don’t get along, that’s why I try to have hand work close by. And this morning our power was out for four hours but I had hand work ready to go! .!
    Terri the blocks look very pretty. I admire you GramE to have handwork close by, I have multiple machines close by. I want to get my treadle ready if my power ever goes out. Its been a while since I used it but it is so nice and quiet when it works. Loving all of the blocks ladies!!
    Old 02-17-2022, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Ladies I’m sorry but I have to go with simpler blocks. My machine and I are fighting over the correct 1/4” placement, in one spot my points are right on but the block’s are too large and when it gets squared up there goes the points. Moved it a smidge the other direction and the points were off Calgon take me away

One block for TG and 2 for Libster

I love my blocks, Terri. I know what you mean about your machine, I hate it when mine gets in a snit with me. I just walk away for a while until I calm down. Most of the time when I go back, it (or me) will have settled down and started playing nice. Don't ever fret simple blocks, they're beautiful too!
    Old 02-17-2022, 02:14 PM
    Power Poster

Sorry you still aren't feeling up to par, Janice. Hope you will soon.

Terri, simple blocks are still nice! Don't apologize for making 3 beautiful blocks! They look great and flatter the fabrics.
    Old 02-17-2022, 04:10 PM

Terri - those are not simple blocks for me!! there is a reason i work paper piecing - and then I still have difficulty with 12.5!!
    Here are two for Libster and two for Reba - the cutting board shows through the fabric - oops.
    Attached Thumbnails libst.jpg   libste.jpg   rebaq.jpg   rebaqu.jpg  
    Old 02-17-2022, 04:31 PM

Travelinggramma, what gorgeous blocks! Wow, thank you. I love mine and those for Reba are great too. Well done!
    Old 02-17-2022, 05:06 PM

Here is one for Libster (a star), one for Terri, one for Hav4boys, and 2 for MacyBaby (made me think of a fruit loop.)
    Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1645146230636.jpg   fb_img_1645146227674.jpg   fb_img_1645146237997.jpg   fb_img_1645146235463.jpg   fb_img_1645146233185.jpg  

Old 02-17-2022, 05:15 PM

Such beautiful blocks! I love these paperpiecing projects!
    Old 02-17-2022, 05:18 PM

I feel a bit better tonight. Heavens to Betsy, I was really struggling the last few days with this cold. It had knocked me for a loop. Even tested for Covid but it was negative. Just a lousy winter’s cold. At least it wasn’t the flu or Covid.

Terriamn, “simple” blocks as you call them are often classics. I know I always love receiving them. I’m sorry you’re having issues with your machine. It’s frustrating when that happens. Maybe a nice break is due?

Hope everyone in the path of this gigantic storm stays safe.

Old 02-17-2022, 09:31 PM
    Power Poster

Janice, glad it's not covid....

TG and Hav, WOW. What gorgeous blocks! That potted plant for Reba... did anyone hear it say, "Feed me!"? Love all the variations of stars we are doing, because Libster inspires us. Well done, everyone.
    Old 02-17-2022, 09:59 PM
    Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Ladies I’m sorry but I have to go with simpler blocks. My machine and I are fighting over the correct 1/4” placement, in one spot my points are right on but the block’s are too large and when it gets squared up there goes the points. Moved it a smidge the other direction and the points were off Calgon take me away

One block for TG and 2 for Libster

If you are not able to get your quarter inch resolved, have you considered making 10 1/2 inch blocks and adding a border all the way around and then squaring up to 12 1/2 in. unfinished? I can just imagine how stressful it must be not to be able to get that measurement.