Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Batik Block Swap 12.5 - Signups thru 5-31-13 - Due 7-31-13

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Also Kelly I adore your cream beige batiks. you have a superb collection of them. send the scraps to me! you know Jaba and I were checking them out in the quilt store yesterday unable to find your color tones.. both of us looked because you enticed us. where did you find them they ware warmer beige I think or its the computer that deceives us.
    I'm trying to remember. The brown/tan print set I got a few weeks ago. The set I posted along with it (kind of looks like a pin wheel) is purples and then the light color on the outside is a blue with pink/purple streaks - those were all purchased at Big Sky Quilts here in Great Falls. I'm not sure if they have an online store. The very first set, the cream/tan background print I bought more than a year ago at The Quilting Hen in Carter, MT. They sell online so you've got a chance they still have some available. Around here, they've got the biggest selection of batiks.
    Mischief Managed.

I just send a pm to tracibug to sign up since I bought a big pile of batiks. I am also willing to do the final swap if tracibug needs me to help out. July and August are very low key months for me and I have nothing going on. I am signed up and have the fabrics and all I need to do is pick out block patterns. Picking block designs is almost as much fun to me as the piecing.
    Anna Quilts

Thank-you Tracibug for organizing this block swap. I really enjoy Batiks fabric and look forward to all the different block patterns. Please sign me up for 2 groups.

Looking good folks! Glad some of you have more time for sewing than I do right now. Can't even seem to get into my studio for more than a few minutes lately. Being busy is great up to a point, but I'm feeling quilting withdrawal!

ok Annaquilts convinced me to not give up. so here I stay (or is that an oh no moment). I have a couple smaller projects to finish and relief will zoom in. then I can whip up my sets. whip it good ... ah singing at 2 in the morning..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Woo hoo Linda! Batiks are so pretty that even more basic blocks look stunning. It will be fun to get a nice big group of quilt board buddies swapping. I plan to do all 6 sets and hope to get atleast one block from people participating. I am looking forward to seeing everyones blocks. This is so much fun. I skipped out on the 10 1/2 inch block swap because of the size. There were some pretty blocks in there too, actually all of them were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    ok Annaquilts convinced me to not give up. so here I stay (or is that an oh no moment). I have a couple smaller projects to finish and relief will zoom in. then I can whip up my sets. whip it good ... ah singing at 2 in the morning..
    Anna Quilts

Ok, here's the list of who has signed up so far....

Mariposa - 6 sets
    Elisabrat - 3 sets
    Jaba - 6 sets
    Createfourpaws - 6 sets
    Squires1042 - 6 sets
    Ljdugas31 - 3 sets
    Annemixon - 6 sets
    TheMamaHauser - 6 sets
    khuxford - 1 set
    happylab - 2 sets
    annaquilts - 6 sets

If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know but it is rounding out to be a nice group. 57 sets so far so the conference room will be full to sort with this time!!

Oooh yeah... and if anyone is interested in swapping batik 2.5" strips send me a note... then put 6 strips in a bag and send those with your blocks. I will swap those out as well, up to ten bags.

Quote Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
    Oooh yeah... and if anyone is interested in swapping batik 2.5" strips send me a note... then put 6 strips in a bag and send those with your blocks. I will swap those out as well, up to ten bags.
    I love this. I will be sending you a pm for this. fun.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I'm trying to get my gumption up so I can sign up for this. I haven't forgotten! I'm still stalking you guys!

Yay... we have a sticky so you don't have to search for the thread any more!!

tracibug.........you need to clean out your mail box..........popular girl you are
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

ARGH! All better now...

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    tracibug.........you need to clean out your mail box..........popular girl you are

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Have sewn 2 sets while we've been on the road. Will get busy next week, 4 more to go. Will post pics when they are done. Each set is in a different color.

Tracibug--I signed up for 1 set. Can I change my mind and do 2 sets?

You can put me down for 6 sets.

have them all ready to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by tracibug View Post

I'm hoping I will get to do this one, but my time has not been my own lately. Will see how many I get a chance to do.

Yes, you may... I'll make a note.

Quote Originally Posted by khuxford View Post
    Tracibug--I signed up for 1 set. Can I change my mind and do 2 sets?

Will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by squires1042 View Post
    You can put me down for 6 sets.

have them all ready to go to.

still havent started BUT I pulled my fabrics. tada!
    Linda

I haven't started yet. My boyfriend starts his crazy summer travel on Saturday, so I should have time to get all my swaps caught up & decide how many sets of these I'm doing. He's feeling guilty and has been spending lots of time with me the last few evenings, so there's not been any sewing going on.

I went and saw a chinese Dr. a few weeks ago and received acupuncture twice... felt so awesome afterwards... Only complaint, instead of being a nightowl and not going to bed until 12-2am every night, now I can't stay up past 11pm. I have sewn once in the last two weeks.

ARGH! There went my productivity!!!!!!

oh no you guys!! Traci maybe you need me to sing to you? you see this encourages people to beg me to NOT sing and offer to do anything if I stop? this could get you sewing!!! and if you felt cruddy afterwards dare I ask why on earth you went back again? its like if it aint working its instant magic and makes you feel way worse after.. uh.. stay home. go into a mental cave and sew. you have some blocks to finish (mom speaking here) and other commitments you have to get on so dont wait for them to pile up with no ability to make it work.. two weeks left on the boom. A long time still on my swap and this one too I think but you have batiks and all sorts of stuff. Luxury of not doing it isnt very much. I feel like I am underwater myself this last week. forced myself to sew. how odd is that? forced le brat to sew? I want to pack but am I packing for a 4 mile trip up the road (not a lot of packing material) or am I packing to move to Wyoming? a long haul safe packing required.. on hold so for now I pull this and that and whatnot out so I can donate the heck out of my stuff. time to slim down again. by 1/3 minimum. I hate moving. have I said that? I hate it. dialysis days are non packing days. I cant take packing after that. I am like a wet noodle energy wise. life however is lovely so you get up do what you have to do and search for something to smile about. this morning.. a momma turkey with her babies was out front. Gosh I love that. She has 12 little tiny babies they make the cutiest noises talking to each other constantly.. so adorable. this is why I smile. little stuff. and now to go sew so I can put my money where my mouth is. another mailing out and then its batik time. keeping on track. but feeling too slow. you know me, finish early or go home. lol.. well I am finishing mid stream these days. tough on me cause its .. not me. you two .. time to rock and roll... lets all kick each others rears and do our best to keep that smile going inside ..
    Linda

I didn't necessarily feel cruddy afterwards... but instead of the manic get stuff done mode I was in, I faded. I actually do feel better, the tremors have mostly stopped and after enduring them for over a month, that in itself is a blessing.

I did start cutting last night, Josh is gone til Saturday so I will take advantage of the peaceful time... though Quentin started the week off roughly by nearly getting expelled from his after school care program. He is still suspended for the rest of the week while I am a single parent but that's better than for the rest of the year.

I know the feeling well on 'what am I packing for'... 10 miles or 2000 miles. Not knowing sucks big time.

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm, going to watch. If I finish up the couple things that NEED to be done this weekend, could make this swap for some fun. You ladies have such nice batiks and some wonderful finishes of blocks already, pretty hard to resist temptation. I may mull over what I have in my stash (only the stash can be used on fabric diet). What about batik crazy patch blocks? Would those be an option? I have lots of batik scraps that I need to use up.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast