Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Batik Block Swap-Sign ups close June 30, 2010 >

Batik Block Swap-Sign ups close June 30, 2010

Batik Block Swap-Sign ups close June 30, 2010

Old 05-11-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Thanks, Judy. My DH thinks I should go with the one with mostly white. While it does show the fan (don't know what to call it) better, I really like the more colorful one better. I want to do whatever everyone else would rather receive. Maybe I will need to do 2 sets - 1 set of each. Someone, please tell me what to do. I'm torn and can't seem to make a decision. :-(
I would love either one :!: If I were making it (the more colorful one) however, I would make the points of the fan all the same color, then the 4 corner blocks and center block a coordinating color. Just MHO :)
Old 05-11-2010, 02:12 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
Originally Posted by BrendaB
Thanks, Judy. My DH thinks I should go with the one with mostly white. While it does show the fan (don't know what to call it) better, I really like the more colorful one better. I want to do whatever everyone else would rather receive. Maybe I will need to do 2 sets - 1 set of each. Someone, please tell me what to do. I'm torn and can't seem to make a decision. :-(
I would love either one :!: If I were making it (the more colorful one) however, I would make the points of the fan all the same color, then the 4 corner blocks and center block a coordinating color. Just MHO :)
Thanks, quiltingnoni. I will try that. :-) I appreciate the idea.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:37 PM

A "duh" question just occurred to me - will all 12 of my blocks go to the same person, or will they be randomly distributed? Only asking because some of mine may have different fabric than others (depending on how many pieces I can cut from my quarters) and not necessarily go together.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by PoseyBell
A "duh" question just occurred to me - will all 12 of my blocks go to the same person, or will they be randomly distributed? Only asking because some of mine may have different fabric than others (depending on how many pieces I can cut from my quarters) and not necessarily go together.
Not everyone will get one (because there are more than 12 of us), but no one will get more than one.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:17 PM

Dagny---Beautiful blocks

Brenda---They are both wonderful. I do like the colorful one the most but my block also has the white background. Either will be just fine with all of us.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:26 PM

Got it. Thanks.
I feel better now in case I have to use a different color scheme midstream.
Originally Posted by Dagny
Originally Posted by PoseyBell
Not everyone will get one (because there are more than 12 of us), but no one will get more than one.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:35 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
Dagny---Beautiful blocks

Brenda---They are both wonderful. I do like the colorful one the most but my block also has the white background. Either will be just fine with all of us.
Thank you mishnjim. I tried to figure out something else, but just couldn't get it together, so I think I will go with the original plan. Be sure to post a picture of yours when you get it ready. :-)
Old 05-11-2010, 05:41 PM

Dagny & Brenda - Beautiful blocks! I may have to redo mine as the ones I made are kind of dull compared to what all you other ladies have made.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:43 PM

Brenda, I have seen your block called a Friendship Star
Old 05-11-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
Dagny & Brenda - Beautiful blocks! I may have to redo mine as the ones I made are kind of dull compared to what all you other ladies have made.
Dragonfly, don't do anything over. They will all work together. Watch and see. I never worked with batiks before. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I can tell that all the fabrics have a variety of tones and colors. It will be good. :-) Hugs