Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Batik Block Swap - Signups thru 2-15-13 - Due 2-28-13

Blog Entries
    I did not even like batiks until I saw blocks that quiltermomma made and now My imagination has dreamed of a batik quilt. So many swaps. So little time....
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Hi Everyone! I love batiks & I have my 1st block done, so I thought I'd show it. It could almost be two blocks, but it's really the same block with the pieces of fabric swapped. (Do you think it would qualify as two different blocks?)
    Sorry the picture is sideways. I rotated it, but it doesn't work when I put it on my desktop.

Name:  pinwheels .JPG
Views: 174
Size:  918.7 KB

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    bbmerald, I way I read the rules is you would qualify for 1 set. Your fabrics can be different in each set but each set of 6 has to be a different pattern. Not real positive but that is the way I read it. Would be much easier if all sets were the same fabric and each set had to be a different design. Think probably it was done in case you run 1 block short of a fabric you could sub it and not have the whole set ruined. Hope we'll hear more. I'm trying to pick my so I have enough for all 6 the same, just easier for me.

No problem, I just thought I'd ask. Kind-of fun with the positive/negative values!

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    bbmerald, I way I read the rules is you would qualify for 1 set. Your fabrics can be different in each set but each set of 6 has to be a different pattern. Not real positive but that is the way I read it. Would be much easier if all sets were the same fabric and each set had to be a different design. Think probably it was done in case you run 1 block short of a fabric you could sub it and not have the whole set ruined. Hope we'll hear more. I'm trying to pick my so I have enough for all 6 the same, just easier for me.

Blog Entries
    these are cool,i like them alot, and now that i got my secret Santa i have a few batiks i can make a few blocks with, and i am gonna get some at an awesome price also, but will stick to one set, have to re red the rules as still not sure if pattern has to be the same on all blocks but fabric can change are exactly how it is so will reread as little one is down now, again, lol,going read now

Blog Entries
    Beautiful blocks!
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries
    Got three sets sewed together today so thought I'd share with all of you and see what you thinkName:  DSCF0998.JPG
Views: 198
Size:  1.22 MBName:  DSCF0999.JPG
Views: 194
Size:  1.25 MBName:  DSCF1000.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  1.25 MBHave 3 more picked out, blues, pinks, purples. Tomorrow hope to do some more. It does take a little searching to find the right size, but I like it. Something a little different.

pretty blocks Jaba! Love the turtles & your bright cheery fabric!

What a gorgeous blocks everyone posted!
    Anna Quilts

I'm in! I recently participated in a batik fat eighths swap. Can't wait to dig into that stash! Santa also brought me a new Babylock Symphony, so I'm ready to go!

Blog Entries
    ok ladies, i have found much more in 10 in blocks taht i ever thought of, thank you for the assist, no pics yet, will work a bit on the and get the fabric all picked out first, and then cut, then ill give a teaser, show my progress, i guess we are sopposed to do that, are not, some want u to some want it to be a surprise and i will print off the thread here in a minute, looking forweard to this wapp, so so cool

Blog Entries
    Got 2 more sets done and almost 1 more. Will post pics soon. Seems like I got more cutting done than anything else, cut 1 set and didn't like the color placement, cut another color and that wasn't much better, third time charm. Now I have all kinds of 3 3/8" triangles and 4" squares, there might be a scrappy in my future.

For those looking for block ideas: http://www.quilterscache.com/BlocksbySizeB.html

100 or so just in the 10 inch size. Plenty to choose from, no need to stress about the size

I am thinking about this swap, one problem though, I only have one fabric that is batik. Need to go shopping.

Blog Entries
    Here's my next 3, finished tonight. Hope you like these in case you get one.Name:  DSCF1006.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  1.23 MBName:  DSCF1007.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  1.22 MBName:  DSCF1008.JPG
Views: 164
Size:  1.22 MB

Beautiful blocks Jaba!

Blog Entries

Last 2 sets

Got the last 2 sets finished yesterday so will post. Tried to use a variety of color so maybe something for everyone. Where's some pics everyone??? I want to peek and we all need to go recruiting for more swappers. Okay what to you thinkName:  DSCF1019.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  1.24 MBName:  DSCF1020.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  1.23 MB

Alright, Ladies... here is where we are at:

Jaba - 8 sets
    jclinganrey - 3 sets
    cuppy - 3 sets
    bbemerald - 1 set
    kequilts - 1 set
    atpegsquiltstudio - 1 set to start
    tracibug - 8 sets

Have I missed anyone or have your sets incorrect?

Please send me your addresses, if you have not already, as well as color choices (if made).

Jaba - your blocks are gorgeous!! I can not wait to get this swap turned around!

We need more swappers, so get out and recruit!!

Name:  spinning pinwheel block.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  316.3 KB

Here is one block pattern I'm making. The others will be in greens.

Jane

Blog Entries
    Jane that is beautiful colors, I like the softness of it and then the pop! I've been mentioning this swap today as I meandered around the board, Maybe we'll have some new ones soon.
    Tracibug went ahead and mailed mine in to you today, afraid if I waited I'd forget! Sorry you'll have to keep watch on them for me at your house.

traci - I'll go up to 3 sets

Blog Entries
    u did forget me, i said i will start with 1 set, and when i get those done, if i think i hwve time i will do another one, i love all the blocks i see here so far and im looking for cool patterns on 10 in block, found one, but want to find a couple more to make a decision then i will stitch them up, i have such beautiful colors to choose form now thanks to some very kind adn generous fellow quilters who either traded, gave or offered at very reasonable prices for purchase extremely nice batik fabric, so yes do add me for 1 now, ill get back if i need another one

I'm finding that simple blocks really work up nicely in batiks, and if you think about using a 4 patch block style, the measurements are pretty easy. I'm plugging different blocks into EQ7 with a 10" finished block and getting the cutting measurements from there. It's a fun process! I'm going to a quilting class this weekend... will bring my blocks for show and tell and see if I can get some folks interested.

Name:  Batik Blocks 1.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  106.9 KBMy first set - did 4 in green and 2 in the blue colorway! I really like the high contrast, simple block style. I'm hunting for more patterns like this.

Blog Entries
    Very nice kequilts, I really like your dk. green swirls.

I've got you...

Please PM me with your contact info.

Traci [

QUOTE=lovngrandma;5776772]u did forget me, i said i will start with 1 set, and when i get those done, if i think i hwve time i will do another one, i love all the blocks i see here so far and im looking for cool patterns on 10 in block, found one, but want to find a couple more to make a decision then i will stitch them up, i have such beautiful colors to choose form now thanks to some very kind adn generous fellow quilters who either traded, gave or offered at very reasonable prices for purchase extremely nice batik fabric, so yes do add me for 1 now, ill get back if i need another one[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast