Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >
  • Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

• Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 12:09 AM

Everyone is creating some awesome blocks. I love all the blocks made for me. My fabric is fall and it reminded me of home here in NH. I will be posting pictures this weekend. I think everyone will enjoy what we came up with. Some are a challenge with colors choices, but with the fabric room I have I should have no trouble matching what you required
    Old 02-24-2022, 02:59 PM

Oh my goodness my Begonia friends, your blocks are all amazing! Huge thanks to Biblio, NZ and Libster for the blocks you made for me! I've been a bit stumped on what I would do with my fabric, glad all of you are figuring it out!

I finally am home from my travels (Phoenix, then Oklahoma) and plan on starting to pull fabric tonight and start searching for some new block ideas. I figure I best get started, sometimes 3 months passes way too quick.

MJP, your quiltapalooza sounds awesome! I'll be in Encinitas the first week of May. If you are around,we should meet up again!

Old 02-24-2022, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by bibliostone
    Thank you Sewbizgirl for giving the post number for my request. It is just the cup fabric that I would like to have any extra returned. Please keep the white/teal/purple fabric

Thanks to Lstew2212 and NZquilter for my wonderful blocks.

Today I finished a block for Sewbizgirl called 21st Century Snail. It was demonstrated on a Fons and Porter show. My other block is for Petthefabric, but I do not know its name.
    I think it's wonderful. Thank you.
    Old 02-25-2022, 01:59 PM

I know it's early to mention it but I'll make it brief. If you finish your blocks early, please do not put them in the mail to me immediately. I'll open a shipping window where you can mail when I'm here to receive them. The next couple of months are going to be busy and I don't want blocks showing up without me knowing about it. Thank you!

JayneW, glad you are safely home. We look forward to seeing what you make of your f8s.

Have a fine weekend Begonias!
    Old 02-26-2022, 05:40 PM

We have had a week of sub freezing temperatures, but as of today, things are supposed to warm up, even hitting up to 70° next week! I'm ready for spring.

My little Madailein turned 1 yesterday! I can't believe this year went by that fast! Where did my baby go! She's still my baby, but just passed a huge mile stone. 😊 We had the grandparents and everyone over for the birthday party today. Madailein loved being the center over of attention.
    ​​​​
    Old 02-26-2022, 05:53 PM
    Power Poster

Congrats and Happy Birthday to Madailein! She and my grandson are about the same age. He turns 1 on March 22. They are so sweet at that age.
    Old 02-27-2022, 05:02 AM

Good morning, Begonias. Hope you are having a pleasant weekend. I'm plugging away on the last few blocks of my scrappy quilt. I'm trying to decide if I want it bigger though. Decisions, decisions.

NZQuilter, Happy birthday to your little girl! One really is a big milestone. I look at Charlie (she's 26 months now) and cannot believe how fast it's gone already!

Happy Sunday to all.
    Old 02-27-2022, 03:40 PM
    Power Poster

I made two blocks today for Marcialee. Her fabric is so bright and graphic... love it.
    Attached Thumbnails img_1913.jpg   img_1915.jpg  
    Old 02-27-2022, 07:43 PM

Finished the 2 Kaffee fabrics. Working on the hand dye. Should be done by tonight.

Sewing group tomorrow to finish the native american.

That's it. Send it off. Then it's all about moving to Florida until end of May.

I've loved doing this, being a part of a group project, and seeing all the blocks.
    Old 02-27-2022, 10:31 PM

Hello all, my blocks today are for Anna Quilts (Blazing Arrows) and for Libster (Dewey's Victory). Both are from Quilters' cache.

Attached Thumbnails anna-quilts.jpg   libster.jpg