Birthday Swap 2020/2021

Old 11-13-2020, 04:46 PM

Good idea, Barbara. I have a niece who was just diagnosed with Covid and her birthday is next we also. Another one of the aunties started a surprise card shower for her since she will be locked away at home feeling crummy. My niece is a pediatric PA and likely got it from work. Hope our card bring smiles to your mom! Chin up, Barbara! This too shall pass....eventually.

Old 11-14-2020, 09:19 AM

Mailed a birthday card yesterday!

Deborah
Old 11-15-2020, 07:32 AM

I'm using this as an excuse to learn something new - going to try to make a fabric post card "in the hoop"

With my embroidery machine in back of me when I'm at my straight stitcher, I can easily have the embroidery machine working on a project while I'm piecing.
Old 11-15-2020, 12:11 PM

OK, Here is my latest donation quilt using 2.5's But the best part is it was all from stash even the batting. All the 2.5's were leftovers from a jelly roll I used maybe 3 years ago. Yeah, out of my stash and off to a child in need of a cuddle. Didn't make even a tiny dent in my stash. Just cut another one and I will make some adjustments to make it larger and eat up more of my little birthday swap squares.
Attached Thumbnails 2020-11-12-donation-project-linus.jpg  
Old 11-15-2020, 02:49 PM

beautiful. I like the low contrast, very soothing.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by LAF2019 View Post
beautiful. I like the low contrast, very soothing.
Thanks, I did not even think of that, just wanted to get it out of my stash and found a backing in my closet of all fabric that is of the same soft green.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:58 PM

Hey, teach, that quilt does look cuddly! You're so kind!
Facebook is the way our family has been keeping up with each other. I had problems with the use of there, their & they're with a few that I received so I wrote back family members... There is their house and they're home! I got nothing but flack from them all. For Thanksgiving we're going to go to video conference, should be interesting. Oh my goodness, I am not photogenic!

Macy, you're so organized!

hugs,
dj
Old 11-16-2020, 04:52 AM

DJ, a few tips I follow when using live video AKA Zooming:
1. Do my hair, make-up and wear a garment that I like.
2. Sit where I can have an interesting but not fussy background. I have a quilt in my dining room that is often my background.
3. Make sure your light source is behind your lap top or computer. It shines the light on your face, thus fewer shadows that make us look older. If you get a bright glare from one direction or another, move or draw the curtain or blinds.
4. If possible raise your tablet, IPad, or lap top off the table about 6 inches. (Fewer shadows on the face). I sit my laptop on a small box.
5. Google how to prepare for online communication. There are lots of good ideas.
6. Smile and have fun taking turns chatting with your family.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:08 PM

Good advice from WMUTeach! I think the biggest difference is the height of the computer, it's like a selfie -- you will look better if the camera is a little above you and not directly at your neck!

Also, sending out a Birthday card today for Barb's mom.
Old 11-16-2020, 04:36 PM

Thanks to everyone who sent a card to my mom. Today she received 44 birthday cards. She was so happy. I will let you know how many she gets tomorrow.

Barb