Birthday Swap 2020/2021

Old 02-21-2020, 07:30 AM

I've a feeling I'm going to be saying "so that's her name" all year long.

How many years do we need to swap before I'll have enough for a California King? I just sent my y2k off to my LA quilter and it's like 120x130 or something ridiculous. We were supposed to wind up with like 2,000 squares and mailed out 80 and a siggie I believe in each envelop. But then I had to buy a bunch towards the end too to flush out the colors.

Ok so 25x50=1250 so at least 2 years will net a King. Hum.... my LA is probably really getting sick of my massive quilts though. I'm old and infirm so no becoming my own LA, that said I did dream of a compact one that you could run on an electric wheel chair. Aren't dreams great. I can do a wall hanging in my machine and that's about it. I do want to make a bunch of twins to leave behind for my grand babies, hopeful, always hopeful. Hum... twins can be fun. Ok so one year should be enough for a twin/full sized then? We need to design some quilts and have fun making these. I love making HSTs with the charms and playing around with them, twisting them into different sizes and shapes.

Waited so long for ya'll... so very pleased to be here, my first cards away. Have a great day Kiddies, cya.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:15 AM

Default On their way

March birthday charms are on their way to Kansas!
Old 02-21-2020, 08:46 PM

I got a card with candies yesterday from Brenda. Thank you Brenda!
Old 02-22-2020, 03:52 AM

I'm the only one with March birthday? That makes me feel kinda awkward! I guess I don't need to send any little packages out yet.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:10 PM

Wendy, the first week of March we will introduce a project using 2.5" charms which can be made into any desired size. There is a chart showing how many cuts needed for each size of fabric, I'll include it with the project intro. I need to learn how to post pics again because that has changed since my last picture post. Need suggestions on posting pic, please!!!

I'm still cutting for this swap and remembered to save a set for myself while the fabric is ironed!

Happy Weekend & happy quilting!
hugs,
dj
Old 02-22-2020, 08:25 PM

Ok, I will try to do the photo directions.

1. Write message
2. Click "Go Advanced"
3. In the box labeled Additional Options click "Manage Attachments"
4.Click "Browse" and locate your photo where ever you saved it on your computer.
5. Find the photo you wish to post click save and then upload.***
This seems to be where folks stumble. The little box with the "Browse" button needs to be expanded so your can see the "Upload" button. It is on the far right and hidden until you expand the box.
6. Preview Post and make changes if you wish or add an additional photo.
7. Click "Submit Reply".

**** I save my photos in a quilt photos file by year, but I also keep a second copy in a file where the photos have been resized to "medium". It this format will allow you to post to the QB. It seems there are multiple ways to do this and it all depends on your computer and software preferences. I

Hope this helps. It took me way to long to figure this out when the QB made changes but now it seems to work well for me. Hope it will work for you too.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
Wendy, the first week of March we will introduce a project using 2.5" charms which can be made into any desired size. There is a chart showing how many cuts needed for each size of fabric, I'll include it with the project intro. I need to learn how to post pics again because that has changed since my last picture post. Need suggestions on posting pic, please!!!

dj
Whoo-Hoo! So glad to have a new project for my 2.5s. I have started Pat Sloan's "Traffic Jam" which is easy-peezy and can be scrappy or done in a single color way. I just make a few four patches every now and then until I get enough. For you leader and ender folks this could be just the ticket. March is only a week away and I am ready to dive into my big 'ole bag of 2019 Birthday Treats.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Whoo-Hoo! So glad to have a new project for my 2.5s. I have started Pat Sloan's "Traffic Jam" which is easy-peezy and can be scrappy or done in a single color way. I just make a few four patches every now and then until I get enough. For you leader and ender folks this could be just the ticket. March is only a week away and I am ready to dive into my big 'ole bag of 2019 Birthday Treats.
thanks for sharing “Traffic jam”. That’s going to be on my list to make.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:08 PM

Wahoo it worked!!! I used the medium size & it looks small so maybe if you click on it then you may see it larger for easy reading/printing.
hugs,
dj
Old 02-22-2020, 11:35 PM

Teach, you are a marvel Thank you very much!

I'm ready to post the project whenever Barb wishes it. I hope everybody will participate. I've completed the flimsy (top) & hope to sandwich & quilt it this summer.

My longarm & handmade rolling frame is in Oklahoma storage & not sure when I'll go get them, trying to refinish the floors & paint my sewing room before going there. This move is quite exasperating at our age but after 42 yrs & 17 moves (some USAF) we're finally back home in TX near family.

hugs,
​​​​​​​dj