Boom 11 - SLOW & EASY

Old 05-07-2014, 08:41 AM

Libster, you are the first to receive your blocks!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:42 AM

Yay! I had a package when I ran home from work at lunch. I only had time to rip open the envelope and spread all the plastic bags around on my sewing table. I can't wait to open these and get working on them.

THANK YOU everyone for my beautiful blocks! I have enjoyed getting to 'know' you all a little bit from your posts and notes included with your fabric.
To Janice McC - An especially big THANK YOU for such a successful Boom swap! Even with the rule change I think it went rather smoothly.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:16 AM

Doing the "Happy Dance" here! I've unwrapped all my gorgeous blocks and I'm still drooling over them. This is going to make such a pretty summer quilt. I love every single one of them. All of them will go together perfectly. I love the talent in this group. Thank you, Ladies, for taking the time to make such special blocks for me. I can not wait for the next one to be posted!
Janice, thank you for all of your many hours put into this swap for all of us to enjoy. This is the first one that I've gotten every block back and that makes me very happy. All of us appreciate you so much.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:53 AM

ok everyone join in and sing with me.....I'm so excited....I just can't hide it....da da dah.... I got my blocks today and looky looky how well they all play together. Going to make two quilts for children.. The boy one will have sashing and the lamby one will be like a giant nine patch with off setting squares.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474805[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]474806[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0517.jpg   dsc_0519.jpg  
Old 05-07-2014, 11:54 AM

I love them so much and I thank all of you for your blocks.
Barb
Old 05-07-2014, 04:15 PM

I was waiting for the mailman today! When he pulled up to the mailbox.....he smiled and said....."yes...I have it". I never expected the joy I felt at that moment! I felt like a kid again. Opening them one by one....all different!
thank you all for a great swap. This has been really fun. And most of all, getting to know each of you has been the icing on the cake. I look forward to the getting started on the next one.

Janice, you are the berries! Thank you for making this swap a super experience from start to finish! Will start putting this quilt together tomorrow. Have it scheduled to be quilted in early June. Will post progress photos along the way. For now....buzzing off to block world to do some creating.

Buzzy Bee - Beatty
Old 05-07-2014, 05:14 PM

LOL...I'm the berries?!!! ROFLOL! I'm so pleased you are pleased.
Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post

Janice, you are the berries!

Buzzy Bee - Beatty

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-07-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
LOL...I'm the berries?!!! ROFLOL! I'm so pleased you are pleased.
Yes.....There's the cake ....and then the icing on the cake......and then the berries on the top...the best!
Although, I have seen berries role on the floor.....to actually hear them laughing out loud?....well it just doesn't get any better than that!!!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:36 PM

I'm doing the happy dance too. I opened it up and looked at all the blocks. What a great job everyone did. Now to find time to put them into a quilt. I hated waiting for all the blocks, but all blocks made it back this time! It save a lot of money in postage also. I think this is a good way to run the swap. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will. Janice, thanks for hosting. You did a great job.

Last edited by Jannie; 05-07-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:12 AM

Mine also arrived on Wednesday! Thanks to all and especially to Janice for all her work!