Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group >

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Old 09-07-2014, 04:01 PM

Does anyone know of a "pattern" for this square? I have one out of a magazine back in the early 90's that has paper templates but it doesn't give instructions, just says follow the picture. The name of it was Ribbon Star in the magazine. Ive looked on line and in magazines for a different pattern but haven't been able to find one. Has anyone seen this block under a different name?
Attached Thumbnails ribbon-block.jpg  
Old 09-07-2014, 04:27 PM

My mom will be moving to assisted living at the end of the month. I so hope she will be happy there, she is very depressed about needing assistance and keeps talking about wanting to die. So sad, she was always a very determined strong willed woman till this broken hip.

i still have 4 more blocks to make. I had Janes cut out, the pieces sewn together and I measured the first quarter of the sewn pieces and it was way to large. What? Looked at pattern and it had multiple sizes and I had cut and sewn everything for a 14" block. Have everything taken apart and cut to the correct size now but it rather took the wind out of my sail. Terriamn
Old 09-07-2014, 04:31 PM

Sorry I don't know the name but if no one else has answered by tomorrow night I will check my books when I go home. We have tomorrow off to take the boat and jet ski out of the lake for the season. :-( Terriamn
Old 09-07-2014, 04:36 PM

Thanks Terriamn...Guess summer is over and its been a really mild one here in Missouri...My oak tree has all kinds of nuts on it which is unusal so Im hoping that's not meaning a bad winter...the squirrels are sure having fun with them and burying them everywhere! Im NOT a summer fan but this one wasn't too bad! My grandkids are dreading the cold and ice...Happy Grandparents Day to all that are grandparents of great grandparents !!
Old 09-08-2014, 04:02 AM

Good morning, ladies. Hope you've all had a nice weekend. We've had my cousins visiting from Scotland for about a week and we've got another week with them. It's been wonderful getting to know them better but I've been run a bit ragged. This morning, everyone is sleeping in - hurrah!!! - so I've posted all your pix to date and fixed a few mislabeled blocks in the gallery. If anyone notices any mistakes or omissions, please let me know!

Reminder, blocks are due in my hands in late October. You still have plenty of time but please don't wait for the last minute! Also, be sure your blocks are sturdily built and are 12 1/2 inches square. Thanks!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 04:06 AM

Terriamn, I'm sorry to hear that your mom is so unhappy. My DH's aunt also was sad about going to live at an ALF but she came around due in great part to the extra attention the staff gave her because they saw her unhappiness. They doted on her for a while and that helped her a great deal. I hope your mother has a similar good experience.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
My mom will be moving to assisted living at the end of the month. I so hope she will be happy there, she is very depressed about needing assistance and keeps talking about wanting to die. So sad, she was always a very determined strong willed woman till this broken hip...
Terriamn
Old 09-08-2014, 04:10 AM

Rec'd on Saturday. Thank you!
Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Janice -

Here's my tracking ##:
I mailed out yesterday.

Jane
Old 09-08-2014, 04:56 AM

Thanks Janice a little special attention would be perfect for Mom. My sister takes care of her necessities but believes any pampering is just enabling. I plan on taking PTO and heading up there again when they move her, my responsibility will be to entertain her. She loves to play Yahtzee and Farkle. Terriamn
Old 09-08-2014, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Does anyone know of a "pattern" for this square? I have one out of a magazine back in the early 90's that has paper templates but it doesn't give instructions, just says follow the picture. The name of it was Ribbon Star in the magazine. Ive looked on line and in magazines for a different pattern but haven't been able to find one. Has anyone seen this block under a different name?

Maybe this???

http://www.reocities.com/pcpiecers/wovenribbon.html

Of course, you'd have to adjust the size - --

Jane
Old 09-08-2014, 09:13 AM

That looks pretty much like it Jane..Like mine there aren't many instructions and the patterns are about the same except mine are for a 12 1/2 block. Ill check it out better when Iget home from work. THANK YOU!!