Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group >

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Old 07-07-2014, 11:45 AM

Yes, you have about a month yet!
Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
Boy this group is FAST!!!!. We do have another month or so to work on these right?

I know some of you are in the other group too so I am sure you want to get this group done so you can move on.

Guess I am the slow and steady but it is good that you have not let me procrastinate.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
Boy this group is FAST!!!!. We do have another month or so to work on these right?

I know some of you are in the other group too so I am sure you want to get this group done so you can move on.

Guess I am the slow and steady but it is good that you have not let me procrastinate.
I seriously doubted I would be done early since I have a halloween block commitment and the clover group not to mention my family quilt commitments. I gave myself the minimum number of blocks to have done each week so I would not miss the deadline.......problem is I got in a workable groove and didn't want to work on my other projects. I only wanted to make theses blocks so that's what I did :-) now I do need to get a few other things done before I move on to the clover group no matter how tempting it is to just get started on them. You know I'll just done one or two first.......ah what a slippery slope that is. Maybe I'll just pull some fabrics...........

Last edited by Billi; 07-07-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:17 PM

Yep, I'm in both groups, and am also juggling several other projects.

Here's Quilt Addict's block, called Box Kite. Hope you like it! Link: http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BoxKiteBlock.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]481985[/ATTACH]

I'm going to try to get the last block done today. It's Groovy Pieces' block. I've already chosen the fabric and the pattern, so in a way, it's halfway done. But first: supper!
Attached Thumbnails jade-quiltaddict.jpg  
Old 07-07-2014, 02:32 PM

Default I received my fabric and started my blocks!

I finished my first two blocks! Now I am working at the pace of one block per day and a few more on the weekends.
I decided to work the fabric in the order I find it, instead of putting some aside for later.

Gaijin
Attached Thumbnails jade-1-jaba.jpg   jade-2-mosher-92.jpg  
Old 07-07-2014, 02:39 PM

Last one! This is for Groovy Pieces, and it's called Ruins of Jericho. Link: http://www.quilterscache.com/R/RuinsofJerichoBlock.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]481995[/ATTACH]

Gaijin, I *love* the purple corner fabric you used in Mosher92's block! It's positively YUMMY!
Attached Thumbnails jade-groovypieces.jpg  
Old 07-07-2014, 04:49 PM

Thanks moonrise! Sometimes I forget how lovely purple can be and I want more purple fabric!

Gaijin
Old 07-07-2014, 05:02 PM

Two more done. Hopefully I wont have to babysit this weekend and can get the rest of them done. I have about half cut out and half to pick pattern, fabric yet. I swear that the fabric in Marcialees block is beigh NOT white. Jaba's is baby birds, Marcialees is Garden tour.
Attached Thumbnails jaba-baby-birds.jpg   marcilee-garden-tour.jpg  
Old 07-07-2014, 07:27 PM

Well I'll take it for sure because it such a pretty block. LOL

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Star on Star for Jaba Terriamn
Old 07-08-2014, 03:26 AM

Default Blocks due august 25

Although many of you are stitching away so quickly, please remember that blocks aren't due in my hands until August 25th. Those of you who haven't finished still have PLENTY of time left! Enjoy yourselves and stitch at your own pace. It's not a race!

I am LOVING all your blocks. Wow!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:14 AM

Happy Summer Everyone! Just buzzing back in to look at all the wonderful blocks made by everyone and catch up on the posts. Sounds like several have buzzed through the finish line! About mid-way through vacation and missing my sewing machine! Brought projects ready for hand-sewing with me -----making progress Loving the time with family! Brought my table runner made by Dabbler312 (recent side swap) and all the girls want one in done in holiday colors......it's a beauty!

I have scheduled to finish and ship out your blocks on August 1st (having green light from Janice). See you next week! So many beautiful blocks.....I love each and everyone made for me.....thank you!

Buzzing out........and staying busy....Bee