Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group >

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Old 08-25-2014, 02:22 PM

Honestly, AzKat, I don't recall your process so that means I had no trouble with it. I DO remember those I had trouble with! lol. But it's done now so I'm moooovvvving on! In the future, we'll make a couple of changes to shipping but for now, we're all set! I saw some fantastic blocks so I hope everyone will be pleased.

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Janice,

Please let me know if my process worked. I put the note my swapper sent me on one side of the block with their name showing and folder the bag over and sealed it with my return sticker.

KAT
Old 08-25-2014, 03:05 PM

Jaba, I actually love the way you include your card with the block name. The only change I would make would be to put the card to the outside of the packet. The moment I see a card, (or feel it through the plastic), I know it's one you've made.

What happened last night was simply that I inadvertently put one block in the wrong envelope. As I count and recount blocks as I go, I was shocked to discover I was short a block in NCQuilter's envelope. So, since I knew the packages I'd already sealed up had the correct count, I only had to go through the unsealed packages but there were quite a few. I kept going through them, looking for a different fabric, one that didn't belong but I was so tired at that point (it's been a rough few days), that I couldn't find it so I had to start opening packages looking for names. That's when I discovered MANY packets were not clearly marked or not marked at all. Lo and behold, almost immediately this morning I found the "missing" block in Seasaw's package. (The colors of the block were similar enough to not stand out. Not a problem on a day when I am working at full capacity but a big enough problem last night for me to swear up one side of the room and down the other before I threw up my hands and walked away.) But, in any case, clear markings really are important so we'll work on that for the Clover packages that haven't been sent yet and in the next rounds. Had this happened on the Clover sort, with several fabrics so very similar, it could have been MUCH worse.

Again, I'm moooovvvinggg on...all is good and I haven't used a cuss word all day. Big improvement over yesterday!!!

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Sorry Janice, all the one's that I have sewn are labeled with my name on the inside but only the owner's name is on the outside. Thought it would be less confusing that way.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:37 AM

ALL BLOCKS ARE IN THE MAIL!!!

Thank you to everyone for participating in JADE, Boom 13. You all make it a wonderful experience for me and even more for each other. I hope you'll post when you receive your blocks and let us know what you think of them. In the meantime, you can review the pix to see some of what is coming to you. ENJOY!!!
Old 08-26-2014, 10:41 AM

Janice, So glad you were able to work things out. We all learn as we do things better ways. I did receive notice and am anxiosly waiting for the blocks to arrive. You did a great job and made it very easy for me. I'll do a swap again if you are hostess.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:39 PM

That's such a nice thing to say...thank you. We'll be doing it again after Clover finishes up in October if there is enough interest.
Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
...You did a great job and made it very easy for me. I'll do a swap again if you are hostess.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:42 PM

Next swap I'll put the card on the outside and add for "--" to the top. Would that help? Not a big thing just let me know what will work for you. We need to have another one, I already bought the fabric Like I need another quilt around this house, but that's okay too. Thank you so much for your time and trouble, it is truly appreciated!!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:41 AM

I agree Jaba...I have new fabric also!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:22 AM

Me three :-)
Old 08-27-2014, 09:26 AM

Guess we're all thinking ahead! Don't know what is going to happen from one day to the next, but I have fabric.....
Old 08-27-2014, 09:30 AM

OH BOY DO we have fabric!! I could do 10 more swaps and never buy another piece of fabric.!! Its justification for continuing the swaps!! LOL