Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - April - 3 month group >

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Old 04-07-2015, 05:55 PM

My my how time flies! I got my blocks in today as well but will have to wait until I clean up the room my weekend guess were in so I can lay them out to take pictures. These quilts are going to be some great works of art when you all get them finished. It might take me a little longer to get mine done right now but I know it will be beautiful.

Thanks to everyone for making them as I will always treasure this time we shared making these pretty blocks.

I haven't said much to anyone here except for Janice, because I didn't want anyone to feel sad or worry about me. But I think maybe I should explain why I have stayed away from the QB this pass month. Long story short, I have just been diagnosed with Breast cancer again. The first time was in 2009, I didn't do normal treatments then and I won't do them now either. I got rid of the first one on my own with holistic meds. I am about to try doing the same thing with this new cancer so I will be focusing all my extra time and energy on researching and doing what is necessary to kick this in the butt as well. I'm telling you all this so that you don't think I'm ignoring you all because I have grown to love you all for many different reasons. You guys are great swappers and once I can get this under some sort of control, I will be back but for now I think I will step aside and do what I know must be done.

So if you don't see or hear from me for a while, just ask Janice. I will be keeping in contact with her. Isn't she just the best person you ever had to work with? She sure has been a big inspiration to me in so many ways. Words can not express how thankful I am to have meet her on the QB. She will always be my #1 person on here.

I'll try to get back here in a few days and post pictures of the blocks I recieved. Just keep on sewing those beautiful blocks!!!!

Last edited by seasaw2mch; 04-07-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:44 PM

seasaw so sorry to hear your news. I do respect your decision and what you feel is right for you. Wishing you wisdom and confidence along your journey. Please check in when you can and keep us informed. You will be in my thoughts and prayers
Old 04-08-2015, 02:22 AM

Received mine Monday. Thank you.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
My my how time flies! I got my blocks in today as well but will have to wait until I clean up the room my weekend guess were in so I can lay them out to take pictures. These quilts are going to be some great works of art when you all get them finished. It might take me a little longer to get mine done right now but I know it will be beautiful.

Thanks to everyone for making them as I will always treasure this time we shared making these pretty blocks.

I haven't said much to anyone here except for Janice, because I didn't want anyone to feel sad or worry about me. But I think maybe I should explain why I have stayed away from the QB this pass month. Long story short, I have just been diagnosed with Breast cancer again. The first time was in 2009, I didn't do normal treatments then and I won't do them now either. I got rid of the first one on my own with holistic meds. I am about to try doing the same thing with this new cancer so I will be focusing all my extra time and energy on researching and doing what is necessary to kick this in the butt as well. I'm telling you all this so that you don't think I'm ignoring you all because I have grown to love you all for many different reasons. You guys are great swappers and once I can get this under some sort of control, I will be back but for now I think I will step aside and do what I know must be done.

So if you don't see or hear from me for a while, just ask Janice. I will be keeping in contact with her. Isn't she just the best person you ever had to work with? She sure has been a big inspiration to me in so many ways. Words can not express how thankful I am to have meet her on the QB. She will always be my #1 person on here.

I'll try to get back here in a few days and post pictures of the blocks I recieved. Just keep on sewing those beautiful blocks!!!!
Sea I'm sorry this battle looms before you. Sending my good wishes and healing thoughts to you. This s not an easy battle no matter how you chose to fight, but it is yours to choose. Take care of yourself and check in with us as often as you can.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:09 AM

See I second Jaba and Billi's thoughts. Sending you tons of good thoughts, wishes and prayers for you

terriamn
Old 04-08-2015, 09:38 AM

I received my blocks yesterday! They are all so beautiful and I thank everyone. I'll set them on the bed in the spare bedroom later on and take a photo.
See I'm so sorry to hear of your trials to come. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:09 PM

Sea, I am inspired by your commitment to focus on the road ahead of you. The first step toward tackling the next mountain takes courage....but it isn't your first mountain and know that you are never alone....the first thought I had about your Boom 14 blocks is to "Sea" them as threads of love and prayers sent in our place so you will remember that even though we are all in different places, our hearts are joined together with one common goal....to be one block in a bigger block sewn together with love and caring for one another. Be comforted and blessed! "Where there is love- there is truth, Where there is truth, there is peace!"

Be Well Body,Mind and Spirit
Bee
Old 04-08-2015, 06:33 PM

These are the blocks I received in exchange. I had sent out the orange sherbet prints and asked for whites to be used with it. I had the solid light peach that I am going to use as the sashing most likely. Might put white squares in the corners. Pleased with all the pretty blocks that came home. This was a favorite time for Dad to "inspect " all of them...Charles had to step into his shoes and he did a pretty good job of it. Thanks to all

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516353[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails all-received-back.jpg  
Old 04-10-2015, 05:56 AM

Pretty blocks! I'm not one who usually likes orange but this sherbet color evokes memories of the boardwalk when I was a kid. I often got orange sherbet or creamsicles (sp?)which were this color! Please post a pic of the finished top. I'd really enjoy seeing how this one comes out.
Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
These are the blocks I received in exchange. I had sent out the orange sherbet prints and asked for whites to be used with it. I had the solid light peach that I am going to use as the sashing most likely. Might put white squares in the corners. Pleased with all the pretty blocks that came home. This was a favorite time for Dad to "inspect " all of them...Charles had to step into his shoes and he did a pretty good job of it. Thanks to all

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516353[/ATTACH]
Old 04-11-2015, 01:57 PM

As promised, here are all my beautiful blocks! They are more beautiful in person. I didn't really pick any order per sa but they looked good the way they are so I might just use this layout. I was on a step stool and reaching as high as I could reach, (I'm almost 5') and most of the blocks are showing pretty good.

Thanks for all the well wishes about the cancer. I WILL get through this and I'll see you all soon.
Stay well and have fun sewing!
Attached Thumbnails blocks-made-4-me-1-.jpg