Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 04-24-2016, 04:00 PM

Would love to see a picture of your flower basket from Women and Welding
Old 04-24-2016, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by NanaKathy55 View Post
I had to make 2 blocks for Nelco..the first block is a twisted knot, but when I took a picture of it, it just didn't look right. I checked out the layout and it is just like the directions said and it looks better in person, so I only had a tiny scrap left of your fabric so I made a second..if you don't like either and want to send me more fabric I will do another block
I like both of them, Thank you
Old 04-25-2016, 12:36 PM

NanaKathy55, you've been busy! Great blocks...

Also, the internet problems that were solved last week somehow "unsolved' themselves and I've barely got a connection at all. Tonight, I'll have access to DH's business hot spot so I can probably get the pix up that have been posted in the last few days. Time for DH to battle the ISP again. Up the ladder he goes...
Old 04-25-2016, 01:24 PM

Need a little uplift. Have been under the weather last few days then today I was on phone conference with Mother's Doctor, my sister and represenitive from home where Mom lives. She has been diagnosed with dementia. Mom has all her medical directives taken care of. But she has it written if she is terminally ill or diagnosed with dementia she is not to be treated with IV's. Or tubes of any kind. Doctor explained that means if she has an UTI infection and the antibiotic pills they give her don't work she can't be treated in hospital with IV's. I am in shock and can't quit crying.. My heart is breaking. Mentally I know Mom will only get worse but stunned it has come to this so quickly.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:04 PM

Terriamn - - this share is for you - may it lift a smile to your face. It isn't easy to deal with the issues of our parents.

I have had a bag of scraps of 30ish style fabrics. Finally decided to do something with them. I designed and measured to do a square in a square block with a four patch block. Easy Peasy. Unless you are recovering from a concussion. I first cut out twice the amount of triangles for the square in the square blocks. Then When I had my completed blocks and went to square them up (right like you really think that if I put four perfectly square blocks together that I would get a perfect square!!)- the four patch were 6.5" and the others where 7.5".......
So I put a strip on two sides of each four patch to make a 7.5" square.

Oh and I also realized that my darling 1/4" foot is more than a 1/4"

So here is my easy peasy concussion style scrappy block mess! Laugh right along with me!
Attached Thumbnails 2016-04-25-17.44.26_resized.jpg  
Old 04-25-2016, 02:17 PM

In other words if it isn't one of the hing it's another
Old 04-25-2016, 03:24 PM

Oh, Terri, so sad to hear this. Many hugs...
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Need a little uplift. Have been under the weather last few days then today I was on phone conference with Mother's Doctor, my sister and represenitive from home where Mom lives. She has been diagnosed with dementia. Mom has all her medical directives taken care of. But she has it written if she is terminally ill or diagnosed with dementia she is not to be treated with IV's. Or tubes of any kind. Doctor explained that means if she has an UTI infection and the antibiotic pills they give her don't work she can't be treated in hospital with IV's. I am in shock and can't quit crying.. My heart is breaking. Mentally I know Mom will only get worse but stunned it has come to this so quickly.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Terri I am so sorry I was I had magic words but I don't all I have is I'm sorry and I wish there was something I cold do.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:37 PM

Terri, dear friend....I know its hard to grasp and from working in a nursing home I have to tell you that its 100 x harder on the family of the one with dementia.. They dont realize what it is or whats wrong...You all are the ones that will have to be strong and remember her the way she was. I have a good friend whos mom had dementia....he asked me "what can I do to make her remember me"....I said sing for her...shes use to hearing you play guitar and sing... He did and she sang right along with him....so take what you can that your mom remembers or what she loves and give her all of what you can..you are lucky to have your mom..mine died when I was 40 and i didnt have to go thru the dementia part but I didnt have her here with me either..Its hard but shes still your mom...love her as much as you can while you can...and TALK to us any time you need to because we are you quilting family too!! Love you
Old 04-25-2016, 04:38 PM

So sorry, Terri, for the difficult load you & you sister are bearing. Wishing I could send a bear hug over wifi.