Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 06-01-2016, 07:22 PM

After 6 hours in ER my heart was declared good as could be. I didn't want to go to hospital, I just knew it wasn't my heart causing the pain but Doctor wanted to eliminate it before preceding with other tests and dh was having a hissy fit that I go. Scared the bejeebers out of him the night b4. They pushed on my gallbladder, it didn't hurt so that was eliminated. Have no idea what is wrong but thankful it's not my heart. Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers
Old 06-01-2016, 08:19 PM

Six more blocks to go and will B done.

terriamm; Happy things are good with you.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:22 AM

Terriamn, I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope you will be able to find the source of the problem soon. Hugs
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
After 6 hours in ER my heart was declared good as could be. I didn't want to go to hospital, I just knew it wasn't my heart causing the pain but Doctor wanted to eliminate it before preceding with other tests and dh was having a hissy fit that I go. Scared the bejeebers out of him the night b4. They pushed on my gallbladder, it didn't hurt so that was eliminated. Have no idea what is wrong but thankful it's not my heart. Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers
Old 06-02-2016, 03:30 AM

This pain isn't an every day occurrence but it has become more frequent and as much as I love going to the lake for alone time the thought of being totally by myself and having it happens does worry me.

Hope to have lots of sewing time today.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:10 AM

So glad it wasn't your heart! Ive been thru all that heart testing and its no fun but nice to know its good. Hope they figure it out soon! I hear sewing is the best therpy for getting better!
Old 06-02-2016, 05:41 AM

Ladies I could use some good thoughts and prayers. Had a terrible episode of chest and back pains last night came home from lake and now laying in emergency room hooked to monitors. I am sure it's not heart. Just had a EKG few months ago and all was fine sure would like to find out what is going on this is the forth episode
So very glad to hear it is not your heart or gall bladder.

I had a similar experience a few years ago... it was reflux...even with no other symptoms.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:47 AM

I've got a question for you. Would you ever use a cotton/poly blend for quilts? The reason I ask is that DH has 41 shirts leftover with the name of his former employer embroidered on them. They're nice dress and casual shirts but the majority are 85% cotton 15% polyester. I'm definitely keeping the gorgeous cottons to debone but should I debone the others and possibly make several simple utilitarian quilts? If they weren't embroidered with the co name, they'd be "keepable" but he'll never have any use for them again. What would you all do?
Old 06-02-2016, 05:49 AM

Take it easy and quilt away! Enjoy feeling better.
This pain isn't an every day occurrence but it has become more frequent and as much as I love going to the lake for alone time the thought of being totally by myself and having it happens does worry me.

Hope to have lots of sewing time today.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
I've got a question for you. Would you ever use a cotton/poly blend for quilts? The reason I ask is that DH has 41 shirts leftover with the name of his former employer embroidered on them. They're nice dress and casual shirts but the majority are 85% cotton 15% polyester. I'm definitely keeping the gorgeous cottons to debone but should I debone the others and possibly make several simple utilitarian quilts? If they weren't embroidered with the co name, they'd be "keepable" but he'll never have any use for them again. What would you all do?
Oh absolutely I have used blends in the past they hold up amazingly well and keep their color. Some of my original quilts more than 20 years ago had blends in them.

The notion of "all quilts need to be 100% cotton" is...........well it's nonsense. Someplace around here I have an ugly ass quilt made in the 70's of double knits and cotton poly's . it was a used for everything and it has held up well. It's ugly because of the color choice and honestly double knit?????? But it was made for throwing on the ground or in the car so whoever made it (I think my grandmother) had no care for how it looked.

You are not entering it into any competitions so why not. go for it I would.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:47 AM

I'm glad your tests came out good,but hope you find out the source soon,

I'd make a quilt out of it, everyone needs a quilt to abused, I gave my son one and he keeps it in his car and uses it for everything told him don't be nice to it. The dog even enjoys it sometimes.