Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 06-20-2016, 04:30 PM

Awwww. I feel the love and I didn't even get to participate this round! You all sure make participating in this something I absolutely must do. I love the blocks I've seen you all make. What a terrific way to get to know folks from everywhere! Congratulations to you BOOM 16ers.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:10 PM

Gary told me I got my squishy, but I won't get to see it until tomorrow, I'm stuck at work.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:49 AM

I opened my pretties last night ... both groups. They are ALL amazing, and play so well together! They all are properly sized and well-constructed. No problems whatsoever. Thanks so much for returning the usable scraps. That'll help tremendously, as the fabrics I chose turned out to be discontinued. (Ugh.)

I was probably a bit of a "problem child" when it came time to mail back two groups of blocks, plus scraps, in one envelope. It was still sealed thanks to the extra tape, but I half expected it to pop like a balloon! LOL! It might be better for me to send separate return postage for each group next time, rather than have our poor hostess try to cram all those goodies into one envelope. She probably needed a nap afterwards!

I ordered my next Boom fabric a few months ago, but we'll have to see how the dates play out. With craft fair season coming up, things are going to be crazy (-ier than usual) around here very soon.

Thanks to everyone for swapping with me, and thanks to our hostess!
Old 06-21-2016, 03:09 AM

Join us for the next round then! We love our veteran swappers AND our newbies. Newbies bring new ideas!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Awwww. I feel the love and I didn't even get to participate this round! You all sure make participating in this something I absolutely must do. I love the blocks I've seen you all make. What a terrific way to get to know folks from everywhere! Congratulations to you BOOM 16ers.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:19 AM

Moonrise, your package was the one that gave me palpitations!!! 45 minutes alone on it packing and unpacking and rearranging. I apologize that it wasn't more neatly packed but as you saw, there was no room for neatness. As you saw, I pulled out the big scraps from each pkg and put them together. That was the difference in the package being able to seal or not. I do have a stack of little scraps that took up way too much space. please let me know if you want me to hold them for you. Also, in the future, we will make other arrangements for packages that include multiple groups with extras and returned fabric. A three other packages were stuffed but yours definitely took the cake!

im glad to hear you are happy with your blocks! Please read over my email and respond if you have time. Thanks.

v
Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
I opened my pretties last night ... both groups. They are ALL amazing, and play so well together! They all are properly sized and well-constructed. No problems whatsoever. Thanks so much for returning the usable scraps. That'll help tremendously, as the fabrics I chose turned out to be discontinued. (Ugh.)

I was probably a bit of a "problem child" when it came time to mail back two groups of blocks, plus scraps, in one envelope. It was still sealed thanks to the extra tape, but I half expected it to pop like a balloon! LOL! It might be better for me to send separate return postage for each group next time, rather than have our poor hostess try to cram all those goodies into one envelope. She probably needed a nap afterwards!

I ordered my next Boom fabric a few months ago, but we'll have to see how the dates play out. With craft fair season coming up, things are going to be crazy (-ier than usual) around here very soon.

Thanks to everyone for swapping with me, and thanks to our hostess!
Old 06-21-2016, 03:22 AM

GramE, your blocks were just lovely. Thank you so much for joining us!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Oh my, every time I come to this thread the screen gets blurry. Never in my life have I ever received so much kindness and love in one precious little pkg. I can't count how many times I've reprimanded myself to not cry in the last hour. I had to help hubbie get ready for work. Now as I sit here with them all on my lap, 26 letters is just not enough to tell you how I feel.

I have never ever done anything like this. I was scared to death. I looked at some of your work. I had many concerns. But that didn't matter to you. You all brought me along side & helped me see differently, you definitely expanded my horizons. When I was all done, I wished I could start over because i had a whole new perspective.

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. And that you all did this for me, wow. WOW. Every block is perfect. I see a dozen things I could do with each block.

But first, I think I'm gonna sleep with them tonight & soak up the love.
Thank you all, more than I can express.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Moonrise, your package was the one that gave me palpitations!!! 45 minutes alone on it packing and unpacking and rearranging. I apologize that it wasn't more neatly packed but as you saw, there was no room for neatness. As you saw, I pulled out the big scraps from each pkg and put them together. That was the difference in the package being able to seal or not. I do have a stack of little scraps that took up way too much space. please let me know if you want me to hold them for you. Also, in the future, we will make other arrangements for packages that include multiple groups with extras and returned fabric. A three other packages were stuffed but yours definitely took the cake!

im glad to hear you are happy with your blocks! Please read over my email and respond if you have time. Thanks.

v
Ugh! Sorry to hear that. I would've been glad to send postage for a second envelope. No worries on the little scraps. Just keep them if you can use them for something, or discard them. I should have enough larger scraps to make any additional blocks I might need.

I wrote back to your e-mail a few minutes ago.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:22 AM

No, it was fine. No worries!!! 😄 If it had been any larger, I would have held it and changed mailing containers. In the future, I'll make it easier on myself and plan ahead more. My problem, not yours.
Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Ugh! Sorry to hear that. I would've been glad to send postage for a second envelope. No worries on the little scraps. Just keep them if you can use them for something, or discard them. I should have enough larger scraps to make any additional blocks I might need.

I wrote back to your e-mail a few minutes ago.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:32 AM

Got my package this morning but dang I have to work (shhhh don't tell, I'm typing there now)....will have to wait until lunch to open them. Will look like a safari in my car!

Thinking about the next boom.... and wondered how anyone would feel about this....

I'd like to send a basic color...cream or such and then ask for you to use YOUR boom fabric with it. If possible to have a very very very basic 16 patch block (4 rows of 3.5")? It would be the easiest block you'd ever have to do, lol. I've done a lot of booms and would really like to have one that encompassed everyone's fabrics.... Is this too wild of a possible request? Something to mull over.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:36 AM

Hubby said my package arrived and is on the dining room table calling me to come home and open it ( I think he is missing me) can hardly wait