Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 07-07-2016, 09:20 AM

Thank you. I try not to be difficult. So I guess I am in for some more fun. I am going to play with some scraps to try out some new blocks with the Accuquilt.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:50 AM

I LOVE that zebra print! Its going to be beautiful when finished...great job!
Old 07-07-2016, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
I have some pretty red/gray fabric, anyone object to just using shades of gray? I know that is being to the point so thought I would ask first. that way I can sash it with some black and white.

Also, if I do both swaps, the other would be Civil War fabric, is that an issue? Like to keep with that era and all Kansas Troubles works as well with the Civil War. If I can, will post a photo of them both, if I get to that part. Still trying to get the garden weeded, taking forever with this elbow.
Grey is no problem at all. Civil war fabric I will have to research or maybe you can elaborate a little on what that is, I'm not very familiar w/ that enough to know what to look for.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:01 PM

I think I will have to pass on Boom 17. I could have the pieces ready to go but I wouldn't know the count for each group. We won't be back until the 14th of August and I can't mail until the 15th. My fabrics will never arrive in time for the deadline. Hope you ladies have fun.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Grey is no problem at all. Civil war fabric I will have to research or maybe you can elaborate a little on what that is, I'm not very familiar w/ that enough to know what to look for.
I googled it, see if I am close, small simple prints, like calico, earthtone colors that appear almost tea dyed over the original colors, each fabric having a very limited (2 - 3 ) colors mostly tonal w/ an ecru (or a light that is not white)
Old 07-07-2016, 01:39 PM

Jaba, you could mail 15 for each group early to Janice and if there were extras she could send them back....there has to be a way you can join us..it wont be the same without you!!

Janice here are a couple of pictures of Boom 15 finished...Its on my bed ...love the gold in it!
Attached Thumbnails mauve-gold-16.jpg   boom-15-finished.jpg  

Last edited by joanelizbay; 07-07-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:09 PM

Connecting Threads have some nice fabrics. The Kansas Trouble lines are good. When I get home, will dig out my swap fabric and post a photo. that should help.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Power Poster

Or you could do what jclinganrey did and send civil war fabrics and additional fabrics you want used and those are the only fabrics used to make the black. Hers came out very nice.
http://boomerangswaps.weebly.com/gt-by-owner.html scroll down to jclinganrey.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:49 PM

Oops...I may have misunderstood. I thought QM would be sending civil war reproductions, not asking for them. If not providing them, it might be much tougher for everyone to come up with fabrics you'll ultimately be satisfied with QM. Just a thought. I do like AnnaQuilts suggestion to send the reproductions.
Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Or you could do what jclinganrey did and send civil war fabrics and additional fabrics you want used and those are the only fabrics used to make the black. Hers came out very nice.
http://boomerangswaps.weebly.com/gt-by-owner.html scroll down to jclinganrey.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:55 PM

"Jaba, you could mail 15 for each group early to Janice and if there were extras she could send them back....there has to be a way you can join us..it wont be the same without you!!"

Janice , is there any way we could push the F8s due date up by a few more days so Jaba could join us? I'd be willing to work with a few less days for the 2 month group and keep the same due date for the blocks to you. It just won't be the same without her. On the other hand, I do understand you're having international company and I wouldn't want to mess anything up for you either.