Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 03-29-2016, 06:40 AM

Kassandra your block gave me a fright. Oh it went together better than I expected. BUT the pen I used to trace the pattern did not come out and I didn't know it until after I had ironed and trimmed it. I was so upset as there isn't enough left for anything else. I started using nail polish remover and was amazed the color on the fabric didn't come out - it took some of the ink but not all. Soaked it for a few hours in oxyclean , rinsed and set it to dry. this morning I took it to clubhouse to really check it out and iron it and the ink came out.
Attached Thumbnails kass-.jpg   kass%3D.jpg  
Old 03-29-2016, 06:42 AM

Thanks Gram E I know the time left with my Mom is precious time, wish she lived closer but thankfulminam now retired and can see her more often
Old 03-29-2016, 06:44 AM

Anna Quilts - glad you said your fabric was KONA black. Yip - I messed up and ran out and so thankful for the consistency in KONA black! The orange and black was getting to look too much like Halloween so hope you don't mind the batik middle.
Attached Thumbnails anna-quilts.jpg  
Old 03-29-2016, 06:52 AM

First of all love the block, it reminds me of a kite or sail catching the wind. Second great job getting the ink out!!!! My quoting thing isn't working, this is in response to Tgma's post.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I have made it safely to my sister's once again and ran over to say hello to Mom. Heck she looked better then I did. Her one friend in town was visiting and It was great to see her sitting in a chair even though she was still in her bed clothes. All this worry and driving has left me exhausted. Hopefully sleep won't be invasive tonight.
This little update made me smile. I am glad to hear mom is in good spirits and looked better then expected. Now rest up and take care of your self.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
For AnnaQuilts. The colors are brighter in person. The camera flash washed them out a bit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546363[/ATTACH]
Moonrise thank you for this cheerful snowball block. I am not much for snow and cold but this one will help keep me warm and smiling.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Kassandra your block gave me a fright. Oh it went together better than I expected. BUT the pen I used to trace the pattern did not come out and I didn't know it until after I had ironed and trimmed it. I was so upset as there isn't enough left for anything else. I started using nail polish remover and was amazed the color on the fabric didn't come out - it took some of the ink but not all. Soaked it for a few hours in oxyclean , rinsed and set it to dry. this morning I took it to clubhouse to really check it out and iron it and the ink came out.
Great job on the block travelinggramma. I am so glad you got the pen out. A quilters worst nightmare.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

Anna Quilts - glad you said your fabric was KONA black. Yip - I messed up and ran out and so thankful for the consistency in KONA black! The orange and black was getting to look too much like Halloween so hope you don't mind the batik middle.
What a wonderful block. We do not celebrate halloween so it doesn't say that to me at all plus there will be many other colors in the quilt. It just says happy and beautiful. I have also ran out of fabric with some blocks because of a minor miscut. I am glad you were able to find a way that it still worked. I like how you made the center star pop with a change in fabric. Thank you for your block.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:55 AM

Moonrise, I finished your block.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]546403[/ATTACH]
The original picture I was making this block from had the "flowers" as hst, but since your fabric had beautiful flowers I just used them as fussy cut flowers.

I think I'm going to make this block for someone else in this group in a different color way. I'd say who, ................. but ........................ "spoilers sweetie" (lol lol lol wonder who will get that reference?)
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0796.jpg  
Old 03-29-2016, 12:17 PM

Nice save, TG, on a lovely block!