Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 03-24-2016, 02:24 PM

Jaba very nice, must be a huge room to get your long arm in and look at all that beautiful fabric.

My HQ 16 sit down is in room next to sewing room and my embroidery machine is in spare room upstairs. Sometimes I don't know if I am going up or down and a real pain when I forget something in basement when I am two floors up.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:26 PM

Oh my Kassandra you have out done yourself again. This is fabulous.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Oh my Kassandra you have out done yourself again. This is fabulous.
Thanks when I saw the picture of this block I knew I was going to have to make a pattern and try it. I was hoping to do a couple, but I'll have to see after I recover from this one!!!!! lol lol lol
Old 03-24-2016, 03:02 PM

Stunning, kassaundra.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I finished another one today, Joanelizbay's. I have to say it is more labor intensive even then it looks. It takes every thread of the f8 to complete, but man I love it. It is foundation paper pieced.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Not sure what this block is called ... probably a Friendship Star variation? ... but it's for Billi. Hope you like it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545707[/ATTACH]
It's beautiful Moon thank you I love going to this and boom 15 gallery and look at all the blocks together I see a beautiful quilt coming together.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
I had a PM from a person who might be interested in joining Boom 17. (OMGosh, did I say Boom SEVENTEEN?) Anyway, there was a comment from her about the "beautiful work" from Boom 16. Take a bow, ladies, take a bow... (Proud momma moment for me!)
Janice that is awesome you take a bow proud mama you are the one that keep us trying to be better.

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Okay, I had one partial animal square left over, and some smidgens of the blue strips, so here's this block. Hopefully that'll give a better variety of blocks to play with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545843[/ATTACH]
I love what you did with the scraps it is elegant.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Some of you have seen this already. Hubby made the ironing station for me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]545855[/ATTACH]
I finished another one today, Joanelizbay's. I have to say it is more labor intensive even then it looks. It takes every thread of the f8 to complete, but man I love it. It is foundation paper pieced.
Thank you Terri for sharing your space and your ironing station I'm kind of jealous.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Terriamn, this is my basement sewing space. When I am sewing you all know where I'm at...and that is most of the time. as I come down the stiars, this is to my left[ATTACH=CONFIG]545925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]545926[/ATTACH]through this door is another room that I keep completed projects in and all the batting[ATTACH=CONFIG]545927[/ATTACH]my embroidery machine and the quilt is on part of the design wall towards the back and where I sew and iron on your blocks[ATTACH=CONFIG]545928[/ATTACH]computer sits next to the ironing table and then the longarm[ATTACH=CONFIG]545929[/ATTACH]

Jaba your space is really something so much room so much organization it's pretty awesome.

Ladies all the blocks are beautiful I would love to have quilts from all the fabrics and blocks being made like kass said we always say it but truthfully this boom truly is the best.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:42 PM

Kass that block is beautiful!!! I am truly thankful for the basement, we just didn't use it so I decided I needed too. I forget sometimes about the upstairs..especially when I start laundry in the morning, go upstairs and then remember I need to put them in the dryer
Old 03-24-2016, 04:55 PM

wow Kass! ya thats all I got
Old 03-24-2016, 05:30 PM

WOW.......Kass....OMG its beautiful!!! Im so impressed!! Cant wait to see it in person! I would never ever attempt any kind of paper piecing. Thank you!!

Jaba..LOVE your room...you are so lucky to have a good space to work in...IF I was younger A LOT younger Id probably buy another house with more room to sew AND buy a long arm!!

Terri....Im happy with the star block I made for you but the Drunkards path didnt turn out near like I wanted. I tried to find a pattern to save some of your F8 to send back...it really didnt stand out like I thought. Hope you can find a use for it! I think I have 4 more for this group to make ..havent even looked at the 3 month group yet.
Attached Thumbnails terriamn-2-month.jpg   terriamn-2nd-2-month.jpg  
Old 03-24-2016, 06:11 PM

WOWWWEEE! I think I'm putting paper piecing on my bucket list. This is the best advertisement for paper piecing, ever!
Beautiful

My little peeps look pretty sad against that work of art!
Old 03-24-2016, 06:25 PM

JoanLiz I am very happy with both blocks. Thanks I can always put the Drunkards path next to a busy block and all will be fine.

i am really stuck on Kass's block. Want to make something detailed but when I look at the patterns with stripes it just doesn't work. Will just have to keep searching Pintrest