Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 05-16-2016, 05:09 PM

It would make it larger if you set the blocks on point Anna, maybe that would work with your blocks. Just a thought for you to consider
Old 05-16-2016, 06:07 PM

No blocks here yet. Thanks to good ole Mo weather, hot one day, freezing the next I have a sore throat and cough. Didnt even go to kids band night tonight due to the cough...Might just have to call in tomorrow...too sick to work (or waiting on mail?) LOL
Old 05-17-2016, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
It would make it larger if you set the blocks on point Anna, maybe that would work with your blocks. Just a thought for you to consider
Indeed that would be a great idea. I like blocks on point.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
mine will be here today but I am literally the 3rd to the last house on her delivery rt. sooooooo depending how busy she is it could be after 5pm. Someone has to be last right? My letter carrier is a sweet woman who is also a quilter she knows what the squishy's tend to carry and instead of just putting it my box she makes sure to bring them up the drive for me so I get them right away.
Billi,
It is amazing how much your mail person actually knows about you. I was one for 25 yrs. even with 500 customers you still absorb a lot just delivering mail day after day, not intentionally trying. But out of the driveway, away from their mailbox you struggle to recognize them, but they know you. But you do get to know people with pkgs better! It is the best job ever, except for a few days out of the year. And yes, someone has to be last. Thank you for being so gracious. Everyone doesn't have that same attitude.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:58 AM

Have you used Laura Heine's sashing technique? I can search for a photo of a quilt I did it on for you to see. She has a template that you use to cut out your sashing strips, then you also have triangles, sew those together and then your blocks end up on point which makes the quilt increase quickly. If ya want, can look for a couple of photos of it. In fact, here is one. This way you can add a variety of oranges for the triangle pieces. [ATTACH=CONFIG]550188[/ATTACH]
Yes, these are some boom blocks and a couple of blocks left over from another quilt. This actually ended up being the center of the back of my daughter's wedding ring quilt.
Attached Thumbnails point.png  

Last edited by QuilterMomma; 05-17-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:35 AM

The blocks are here the blocks are here thank you all for swapping with me this quilt is going to be so much prettier with all of your help than had if I done it alone.

The first picture is all the blocks I received from you lovely ladies [ATTACH=CONFIG]550201[/ATTACH]

The second is all Boom 16 and a few of 15 mixed in to see how the 2 and 3 color blocks play together they seem to like each other just fine and I'm sure will be nice the rest of the bool 15 blocks still in the box clamoring to come out and play. [ATTACH=CONFIG]550202[/ATTACH]

Thanks again time to get ready for 17
Attached Thumbnails boom-16-resized-.jpg   boom-15-16-resized-.jpg  
Old 05-17-2016, 11:38 AM

For those of you who are seeing certain words appear as hyperlinks, such as the word quilt, you can disable it by clicking on the link below and disabling it. Thank you to JENNR8R on the birthday Candy swap board for posting about it.

http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-17-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Billi,
It is amazing how much your mail person actually knows about you. I was one for 25 yrs. even with 500 customers you still absorb a lot just delivering mail day after day, not intentionally trying. But out of the driveway, away from their mailbox you struggle to recognize them, but they know you. But you do get to know people with pkgs better! It is the best job ever, except for a few days out of the year. And yes, someone has to be last. Thank you for being so gracious. Everyone doesn't have that same attitude.
GrammE she is a sweet woman and since I am at the end I get a chance to chat with her occasionally her grand kids and once in awhile I am able to show her some of my blocks

QM great layout I'm going to save that one.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:22 PM

A reminder for everyone who has received their blocks, I'd like your feedback if you care to share. All comments are private. If you have any comments, please EMAIL me at [email protected]. This is the time to tell me about how much you LOVE your blocks or perhaps about construction or color issues. Was the size 12 1/2 inches? Were your color requests followed? Was the block stain-free and neat? That kind of thing. Don't forget that block patterns are always maker's choice. If you have what you feel is s serious concern, please be detailed and send a pic of the issue of you can. Also, always open to comment is the running of the swap. My blocks aren't immune to criticism nor is the way I conduct the swap.

Thanks for participating in Boom 16, OA!
Old 05-17-2016, 12:29 PM

Wonderful Billi, love it. And all the blocks go together perfectly