Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 19 Sign-Ups Now Open!  :)  Close 6/30/17 >

BOOM 19 Sign-Ups Now Open! :) Close 6/30/17

BOOM 19 Sign-Ups Now Open! :) Close 6/30/17

Old 06-28-2017, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Terriamn and Billi, check your emails...
Thank you know I know for sure.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:53 AM

Default Boom Biz :)

Just had a change in our mini-vacation plans so I'm going to do a little Boom work a bit earlier than normal.

Those of you in the 2 month group, it looks like we will need some of you to double up If You Wish to increase the number of blocks you receive from the group. The following people have said they will double up: Libster, GramE, Terriamn, Sewbizgirl, Joanelizbay, Jaba, NanaKathy55, LJDugas, and Hav4Boys. I just want to check with you to make sure this is still acceptable to you. Remember, that means you will have to complete up to 19 blocks in the 2 month time period. This is optional, absolutely NOT a requirement by any means! If anyone has changed her mind, let me know sooner rather than later. Of course, there may be some last minute sign-ups too which may alter the situation a bit.

For the 3 month group, we have 20 signed-up. Each of you will need to send me 19 F8s. Unless we have someone withdraw, this number will not change.

Since we are coming down to the wire, anyone who is rethinking her participation, please let me know. If you wish to withdraw for any reason, it's absolutely no problem until sign-ups close and groups are posted. I will be posting groups most likely on Saturday, July 1, 2017. After that, it becomes a problem for the whole group. Anyway, just let me know by email if you are changing your mind. Thanks!

OK, that's it for me today. I'm working on the emails for you all which will include the final list of members as well as (way too many) rules and my contact info so you can begin sending me your F8s and we can get going! You can expect this on Saturday, July 1.

Almost there, Boomers, almost there! I'm sooo excited to begin and see all the lovely fabrics that will pass through my hands.

Oh, anyone else have fabric pix to post? If so, go ahead. I'm about to turn that page on the gallery on but I can add them at any time.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-10-2017 at 04:34 AM. Reason: shouting/all CAPS
Old 06-28-2017, 10:35 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575445[/ATTACH]

Just a few more seams & it will be a quilt top! Today I have to make cookies for youth group so I have to switch from the sewing machine to the oven! And if you don't see your block, don't panic, the second quilt is on the other wall. I haven't figured out how to do two at once! Thank you all for the beautiful blocks! And Bibliostone for the quilt tip! It worked wonderfully. ❤️
Attached Thumbnails img_2480.jpg  

Last edited by GramE; 06-28-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:42 AM

Default TWO MONTH GROUP ONLY - Double-up explanation...

There's a little confusion regarding the doubling up in the 2 month group so I'll address it here. And fyi, the first time I set this up, believe me I found it confusing, too.

The big question is, would you rather make about 10 blocks or about 20 in two months?

Right now, there are only 11 members in that group. Most of the group, not everyone, has chosen to "double up". Only those people who Want to double up will make two blocks for every person who is also doubling up in addition to making One block for the others who only want one block.

A little confusing I know but don't worry. I'll give you the exact number of F8s to send me on Saturday when I send out an email. I just need to know if you would rather make about 10 blocks in two months or about 20 two months?

The following people are set to make around 20: Libster, GramE, Terriamn, Sewbizgirl, Joanelizbay, Jaba, NanaKathy55, LJDugas, and Hav4Boys. Whichever you chose is perfectly fine. It's what is best for you. I don't want anyone to be burdened in what should be a fun endeavor. If anyone wants to change their double/not double status, just email me. Piece of cake to change it. No problem!

Hope that helps.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-10-2017 at 04:36 AM. Reason: shouting/all CAPS
Old 06-28-2017, 10:45 AM

Oh, how pretty!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]575445[/ATTACH]

Just a few more seams & it will be a quilt top! Today I have to make cookies for youth group so I have to switch from the sewing machine to the oven! And if you don't see your block, don't panic, the secret quilt is on the other wall. I haven't figured out how to do two at once! Thank you all for the beautiful blocks! And NanaKathy for the quilt tip!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:48 AM

GramE- Beautiful "Orange Dreamsickle" quilt top! When I was a kid (many, many moons ago) we had orange ice cream treats called Dreamsickles. I can just taste one now. Your top is that exact shade of orange. Love it.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:51 AM

Janice, I'm still on for doubling.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
GramE- Beautiful "Orange Dreamsickle" quilt top! When I was a kid (many, many moons ago) we had orange ice cream treats called Dreamsickles. I can just taste one now. Your top is that exact shade of orange. Love it.
I liked the vanilla on the inside.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:52 PM

GramE, what a beautiful quilt!
Old 06-28-2017, 01:03 PM

Here is my fabric. I am thinking matching the pink for a soft baby girl quilt.
Attached Thumbnails dscf4660.jpg