Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group >

Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

Old 01-13-2018, 07:57 AM

Both Groups will receive this fabric from NanaKathy55.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586982[/ATTACH]

And this is Bootsy’s:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586985[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 74e5ea63-6180-4988-b96f-7dce332dfece.jpeg   6a787b7a-c808-485e-b6f4-32e77fd4b76e.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-13-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:16 AM

Love both Fabrics! Can't wait to start!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

Great fabrics to play with! Thanks for the pictures, Janice.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:09 AM

Janice and all,
I've sent an approximately 6.5" square of solid fabric along with the brown F8. Yes, I'd like you to use the solid in addition to a multi-colored print if you can. If your pattern requires a certain number of pieces in a certain fabric, and you cannot accommodate the size of the solid fabric I've sent, I'm perfectly fine with you adding a solid or blender from your stash in order to use the solid fabric I sent. For example, if you need to cut 8 pieces of the solid fabric and you don't have enough because the 8 pieces are larger than the 6.5" square, you could cut 2 of a different fabric from your stash and 6 of the 6.5" solid fabric. I hope everyone will read this post as my request was written not clearly, also hope this answers the question. :-)

Today I'm sewing a binding on a quilt that I got back from a woman who longarm quilted it for me. I found a pin sticking out in the middle of it! The large round head is in the middle of the batting! I have to rip out a seam on the top in order to remove it! I don't want to pay so much money to have such a problem! Did that ever happen to you?
Old 01-13-2018, 10:34 AM

SIDE SWAP?

Hello hummingbirds I am moved and set up well enough to finally start sewing again.
I just sent PM's to those that said they would swap with me. Traveling Grandma, MJP, Kass, Mariposa, Terri and Libster. I'll be sending my F8's to you as soon as I get your addresses. If anyone else would like to sideswap with me just let me know.

Thanks,
Old 01-13-2018, 11:13 AM

OMG ladies I guess machine problems have come to me. My machine stopped!! I have a repair guy coming Tuesday I have a Husquavana and did not want just anyone trying to fix. I need my machine for our swap. it's been running kinda funny for the past few weeks but I thought it was just me and maybe I was jus imaging it but I guess not. At least it happened now before the Boom lol
Old 01-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post

Today I'm sewing a binding on a quilt that I got back from a woman who longarm quilted it for me. I found a pin sticking out in the middle of it! The large round head is in the middle of the batting! I have to rip out a seam on the top in order to remove it! I don't want to pay so much money to have such a problem! Did that ever happen to you?
Why would a longarmer need to pin your quilt in the middle? You should definitely tell her about it so she can be more careful next time. Wonder how she missed it while longarming?
Old 01-13-2018, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
OMG ladies I guess machine problems have come to me. My machine stopped!! I have a repair guy coming Tuesday I have a Husquavana and did not want just anyone trying to fix. I need my machine for our swap. it's been running kinda funny for the past few weeks but I thought it was just me and maybe I was jus imaging it but I guess not. At least it happened now before the Boom lol
So sorry to hear that, Bootsy... hope it's only a minor problem.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:26 AM

Not so fast to rip!

When this happens to me, I feel to find the glass or plastic head and hit it with a hammer. The pin slides right out with no ripping. Of course, you'll have to consider whether this is appropriate depending on who will be using it!

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Old 01-13-2018, 01:08 PM

AHHH! Too fast! lol What a great idea! Yes, I could have tried that. I'm pretty sure that it's not a glass head pin that I could smash though. But the quilt is for me, so I could have left the head in if I could have figured out how to get the head off the metal pin. I thought of leaving the head in, but didn't have an idea of how to do it. Smashing works with plastic too? Great tip! Thanks for sharing it. I took out the nearest seam, and hand stitched it back together. The binding is on, and the quilt is in the washing machine as I type. I hope to get a picture of it outdoors this weekend.

Bootsy, I'm lucky to have a husband that is a repair genius. I hope you get your machine working soon! I don't like to be without one, so I have a couple spares. I got a great old workhorse Singer from Goodwill for only $8 and it was in an oak cabinet. :-)

Last edited by givio; 01-13-2018 at 01:10 PM.