Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes

Bibliostone, remember this block you made for Terriamn back in Boom 11?
    Name:  bibliostone for terriamn.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  69.2 KB
    I ran across it while feeling nostalgic. It has always reminded me of PacMan eating up those dots. I laugh whenever I see it.
    Last edited by Janice McC; 06-05-2018 at 10:31 AM.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Well I finished my wolf quilt before the Boom started, BUT my sewing machine froze up this afternoon. It turns on but it won't sew at all. No idea what's wrong never had this happen before.

Name:  IMG_0509.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  222.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0510.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  172.5 KB
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Amazingly beautiful, Kass.

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

Blog Entries
    I love those wolfs on the backing of that quilt Kass. Im sure he will love it too! I cant begin to understand how you do those blocks on the front...would be like paper piecing to me...wont try it!
    Billie I hope your foot doesnt look like my cousins arm..Its black and very swollen...Hope I NEVER have a broken bone! My fabric will be mailed tomorrow..Janice I put enough money in there for return of the F8s and also for 2 mailings of the finished products...Im assuming you cant get all the finished in one envelope! I didnt mark my bags either but it doesnt matter because its all the same for both groups!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Bibliostone, that is a very cool block and I totally agree with Janice about the PacMan reference.

Kass, love the quilt and the dark orange wolf border! Amazing! So sorry about your machine, hope it starts working soon.
    Denise

You do not simply stumble upon the happy life.....you make it!

Love those pac-men!

Beautiful finish, Kass. I know you uncle is going to love that. As for you sewing machine... could the motor brushes be worn down? Or it could be the foot controller. I have no idea what kind of machine you have or how old it is, but I've had both problems with my old Bernina Record 830. Hope you get it running again soon.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kass fantastic.

beautiful, Kass!!!

Wow Kass, that is stunning! Your creativity is inspiring.

Lovely fabric everyone, tomorrow is the last day of school... then its playtime!!

My squishy is on it's way.

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Wolf quilt turned out marvelous.

I will send pictures soon. I have not figured out how to send using phone app.

I think I mentioned in sign up that I am doing a Halloween 🎃 quilt. A few questions were asked that I had to think about. First question was about machine embroidery. I like it with an appliqué, even if simply one fabric added to another.

Another question was about using Halloween fabric. I welcome Halloween print fabric that will play nicely with b/w prints and the split compliment of purple, orange and yellow greens. They can have other colors.

I hope I answered all the questions. Plan on sending my fabrics tomorrow. I am really looking forward to this.

It totally looks like Pac-Man eating the dots. Very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    I ran across it while feeling nostalgic. It has always reminded me of PacMan eating up those dots. I laugh whenever I see it.

I have a general question. Is it customary to ask someone a preference on a block design or send a pic of fabrics and let them choose. For example, if I had two ideas of a block, could I ask someone what they preferred? If I wasn’t sure between several options on fabrics, could I ask them what they liked best? Not through thread but in a pm. If if the usual process is to do what you think is best without asking, I will do that.

Dshannon, blocks are always maker’s choice, but if you are unsure about fabric choices it is nice to ask.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

About the only time I ask is if what I want to do is a little different then what the comments say. (like I really want to use a print and they have asked for solids /or TOT, or if I am trying to decide if a color is too dark or too light (and they have requested light or dark colors). I also ask if I am going to use a really off the wall technique, one time I made a convregance block or another time I made a block that had several folded HST blocks so some areas had multiple layers w/ thick seams I wanted to make sure they weren't going to hand quilt before doing those.

Thank you ladies, The foot is slowing us down and we have had to make some adjustments to our plans, not as many hikes or I should say no more hiking, but overall we are still having a great time. There is no boot due to to breaks being the toe area there is just nothing they could do. fortunately it's NOT my sewing foot so I'm good to go once I get home. The tylenol booze and ice are getting me through.

Kass your wolf quilt is beautiful I'm sure your uncle will love it. Your poor machine I hope it's an easy fix for you.

Libster: How awesome to see you I love putting a face to a name.

Darcyshannon: You can ask someone their preference but it's not customary. We all want to make blocks that the recipient will like but part of this swap is getting blocks we never would have thought to make for ourselves.

This is a picture of the beautiful canyons we were hiking in.
    Name:  oak creek small.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  227.8 KB
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Billi what incredible scenery, so sorry you can’t continue to hike through these areas.

Billi, glad you are ok and will still be able to sew once you get home. That canyon is beautiful, but the river does look a bit treacherous, if that's the one you crossed.

Kass, you've outdone yourself again! Your uncle is going to love his quilt.

Billi, glad to hear that the sewing foot is still intact Even if it does hurt like a …...uh-huh! Gorgeous scenery! Enjoy every moment.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

I hope you’ll pick the block you’d like best to make. The block maker chooses but you can always contact the fabric owner by PM and ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
    I have a general question. Is it customary to ask someone a preference on a block design or send a pic of fabrics and let them choose. For example, if I had two ideas of a block, could I ask someone what they preferred? If I wasn’t sure between several options on fabrics, could I ask them what they liked best? Not through thread but in a pm. If if the usual process is to do what you think is best without asking, I will do that.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Kass - as always - awesome. Your poor machine is just dizzy and needs some rest!
    Billi - I know that near Sedona is a quilt shop! And Jerome is a great whiskey town!! Are you putting the ice on the foot or in the booze? - or both?
    The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.

Oh crapohla just recounted my bags and only have 18 of the paper dolls fat 1/8ths. Found more online I will order. Janice what is easier for you, should I mail my package now and then mail you my missing fat 1/8 or wait and send to you once the fabric arrives.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    I do remember this. Often, I look back at my older blocks that I made and that others made when I need some inspiration. This is the quilt I made from boom 11. I didn't see it in the quilt gallery so maybe I never submitted it before.

Boom 11:
    Name:  2014 Marilyn.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  1.05 MB

Another quilt top I just put together from Boom 6 (not quilted yet)
    Name:  2018 boom6 tennis quilt.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  41.6 KB

I still have so many blocks that need put together!
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Here are the 4 fabrics I will be using in this swap. They will be distributed evenly between both groups and I'm just asking for bright colors to be used with Name:  MVC-001S.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  39.8 KBName:  MVC-002S.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  40.5 KBName:  MVC-003S.JPG
Size:  41.4 KBName:  MVC-004S.JPG
Size:  41.7 KBblack or black on black.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Here are the 4 fabrics I will be using in this swap. They will be distributed evenly between both groups and I'm just asking for bright colors to be used with Name:  MVC-001S.JPG
Size:  39.8 KBName:  MVC-002S.JPG
Size:  40.5 KBName:  MVC-003S.JPG
Size:  41.4 KBName:  MVC-004S.JPG
Size:  41.7 KBblack or black on black.
    LOVE the colors! I tend to lean towards rainbows on a black background so have lots of ideas in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    Oh crapohla just recounted my bags and only have 18 of the paper dolls fat 1/8ths. Found more online I will order. Janice what is easier for you, should I mail my package now and then mail you my missing fat 1/8 or wait and send to you once the fabric arrives.
    Terri,
    Could you have the missing 1/8th shipped directly to her. Oh wait... they probably don’t sell in that small a cut, Nevermind.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 ... LastLast