Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 06-24-2018, 05:45 PM

Some great blocks ladies. Sewbiz that sea creature block is one I haven't seen before really great for showing off fussy cutting. Libster great rose star center w/ the yellow star surround. Stafar cute pieced pumkin.

I am almost finished w/ Pamela's block, I am so thrilled w/ how it has turned out. It only needs to have the center top stitched down not sure if I will get to that tonight, I am posting the pic anyway w/ the center pinned in place the finished block won't look any different. I'm not ashamed to admit I lost a few brain cells to vapor lock on this one, trying to figure out a way to make it the way I wanted it w/ the amounts and direction of the print constraints. I ended up making the outer stripe fabric w/ solids there was just no way to get all the stripes I needed. Then the inner stripes were 1/2 inch to narrow .......................................... 1/2 inch!!!!!!! I ended up piecing them but unless you look at the back I don't think it is visible at all. I am almost ashamed to admit of the generous amounts of fabric Pamela sent I have almost no usable pieces left, but I love the end result worth using all the fabric for one block.

Pamela I assume since you sent stripes, dots and fussy prints of all kinds busy doesn't bother you, hope you like this as much as I do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596407[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0440.jpg  
Old 06-24-2018, 06:13 PM

Looks like I have a date with the seam ripper tomorrow to rearrange HFBoys block, if I am going to make a block I want to make it right.

SBG, just the love sea creature quilt block, it has so much personality.

Joanelizbay, I love the block you made for me thank you! The others you made are very pretty too.

Kass another masterpiece, it's just beautiful!
Old 06-24-2018, 06:49 PM

Joan, love the block you made for me. The green just gives it the right contrast to make it pop. Thank you.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:34 PM
Power Poster

Joan, lovely blocks! I can see why Libster's gave you a hard time... looks like a very difficult block. Worth the trouble, tho!

Kass, I think that's the best block you have made to date! I love looking at it!
Old 06-24-2018, 09:38 PM
Power Poster

I made two more Dune blocks tonight...

Connecticut block for Terriamn:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596412[/ATTACH]

Grecian Square II for JayneW:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596413[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3958.jpg   img_3957.jpg  
Old 06-24-2018, 10:28 PM

Wow! While I was with my out of town guests, you all have been busy making beautiful blocks. I ❤️ dreaming about quilts.

SBG those blocks you just posted are so pretty. I am sure Terri and Jayne will adore them. Also, you have already done so many nice and varied ones. The light blue cake stand is elegant for GramE's friend. Crow's foot for Billi is striking. Turkey straw for Joan is inspiring. I love seeing the various tones used in two color quilt blocks. Thank you for the spooky Halloween windows with the different oranges, may get a bit of vertigo. �� The focus you put on the sea friends for Stafar in Blythe's best block is glorious.

Kass, it is fun to see what you did with that print for Pamela.

Mona, ditto, great fussy cutting of the squirrels. I have always liked that print.

Thank you so much for those that have started the blocks for the Halloween quilt. Terri, I love the trick-o-treaters and all the details. The colors and fabric are so spot on.

Cheesehead, how cute a witch with a Jack-o-lantern. I like the details and the spider fabric. It looks like she is in a corn field. That musical block for Have4boys is such a good use of the main fabric.

Joan, the lightening fabric is fascinating. I am glad you found it for the Halloween block. Also that patriotic block for TG will be greatly appreciated. You have a good selection of themed fabrics! I think the yellow in Libster's block is a great contrast. Also, love the muted and calming block for QM and the colorful one for Cheesehead.

Starfar, thank you for finding clever ways to tuck Halloween themed fabrics into the pumpkin �� surrounded by candy corn.

If I have left out any photos of blocks seen since my previous post, please forgive me. I am recovering from a weekend of company. I will start on blocks this week and get some pictures up soon. Even though I wasn't sure about trying a boom, I am so glad I did. Watching all this creativity with everyone else's fabrics is pure eye candy.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:29 AM

More already! Joanelizbay, more lovely blocks. I like the softness of QM's and the brightness of Cheesehead's. . SBG, the checkerboard background on stafar's is eyecatching. And the block for Pam has so many interesting elements Kassaundra. Another winner.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:59 AM

I have to check in more often. There are too many blocks to comment on but they are all just wonderful! Sewbiz, thank you for my block. I love it. I should be starting on my blocks soon and will post pictures as I go along. Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:08 AM

This is the corrected block for Hav4boys, Janice can you remove the original block in the gallery and replace it with this one?[ATTACH=CONFIG]596421[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mvc-014s.jpg  
Old 06-25-2018, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Oh Cheese, it was a 54-40 or Fight! I liked it the other way too. Both ways were pretty. Very striking block!

Welcome back, DarcyShannon!