Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 06-06-2018, 01:45 PM

I have good news and bad news. Gary took my sewing machine apart and it is running now (at least all the parts are moving don't have thread in it yet) which brings me to the bad news .................................................. .............. we have an "extra" part!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2018, 01:55 PM

LJD. Sending you prayers for quick recovery!! Hugs also. Your accident sounds horrible.
Cheesehead, love your bright fabrics!! These will be fun to work with.
Kass: So glad your hubbie has your machine running again, but that’s a little funny with the extra part. Hope you find where is goes.
Libster: Thanks for the tip on Connecting threads!!
Old 06-06-2018, 02:00 PM

Janice I ordered more fabric, will see if it arrives by next Tuesday, if not will mail without it on Tuesday after mailman comes. Have never mailed that close to a deadline before.

I leave early Thursday morning for a quilt retreat, we all met online and will be celebrating the reunion of our first retreat 20 years ago in Shipswana Indiana. How fun is that.

LJD I am so sorry for your injury. This getting old isn’t for sissies. Sending prayers and hugs for complete healing
Old 06-06-2018, 02:08 PM

So sorry LJD... sending thoughts for speedy healing.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:13 PM

LJD, so sorry that this happened to you. We will miss your beautiful blocks this round, but by next Boom you should be ready to go again. Please take care of yourself. As Terri said, "This getting old isn't for sissies." The older I get, the more I agree with it.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Oh crapohla just recounted my bags and only have 18 of the paper dolls fat 1/8ths. Found more online I will order. Janice what is easier for you, should I mail my package now and then mail you my missing fat 1/8 or wait and send to you once the fabric arrives.
I can provide my own paper doll F8th! Remember I told you I had that fabric too? I don't mind using my own at all... better than you having to reorder Terri, for such a little bit. So Janice, if it's ok with you, just send me the other 18 F8s and I'll provide my own for Terri. Terri, just pm me your fabric requests.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:18 PM

I missed the post about LJD, when everyone started posting about it I went back to see what I missed. So sorry LJD that sounds horrible and painful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

Oops, just read that you have already ordered more fabric, Terri... My offer still stands, if it's not too late to cancel your order.

Linda, what an awful accident! So sorry you can't play with us, but at least your package is all ready to go for next time! I hope you are back to 100% by then. We will miss you, but please visit us when you can.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:32 PM

Well, finally, something to laugh about! Ok. Probably not so funny to you. But the way boomers are breaking bones the last couple of days, I’d rather laugh than not. Hope it works with thread...
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I have good news and bad news. Gary took my sewing machine apart and it is running now (at least all the parts are moving don't have thread in it yet) which brings me to the bad news .................................................. .............. we have an "extra" part!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2018, 02:39 PM

Default Caution when mailing!

This afternoon I recd a package with over $18 postage due on it because the envelope used was an USPS Express envelope. Postage was paid for USPS Priority ($7.25) but the moment it was put in an Express package, it became Express and hence cost $18 and change more. I had to refuse the package. It’s being returned.

So, be careful!!! Watch which envelope you pick up or if it’s a mailing service, watch which one they use.