Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31*** >

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Old 06-01-2018, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, take care of yourself and rest when you need to. Visit here as often as you feel like it. We love to hear from you. And it is a privilege to lift you up in prayer and stand with you through this difficult time. <3
Old 06-02-2018, 05:36 AM

D Henson Thank you for the tip I will check when the dust settles right now all is a pretty mess with boxes everywhere We love our townhouse just a matter of setting up

Jaba My thoughts and prays are with you take care I will be looking forward to your beautiful blocks once again

Last edited by bootsy; 06-02-2018 at 05:44 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:36 AM

You southern ladies will probably laugh at me but about 4 years ago we planted a winter hardy Wisteria and it is blooming for the first time. Only a few blooms but it’s blooming. So exciting

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595357[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 63cc102a-3aeb-434e-b86b-3a0eb635b58b.jpeg  
Old 06-02-2018, 06:40 AM

Default Boom Business

Good morning, Boomers! I'm out of town this weekend but I've done my tallying anyway. Today we have Group 1 with 20 members and Group 2 with 16. Not too bad at all! Woo hoo. (Reminder to everyone that both groups are 3 month groups for this round.) Both groups should prepare 19 f8s which must be pre-washed, deselvaged, 11x18 inch pieces, or in a pinch 10x18, but not a hair smaller or I'll return them unswapped. Even though Group 2 has only 16 members, I'll swap the extra few to others in the group so everyone can have a full complement of 19 blocks returned. I'm still waiting to hear from one person. In the event I don't hear back from her in the next couple of days, she will be dropped from the groups. We'll still go with 19 F8s per group though. Don't worry, I've got it under control!!!

Also, if you haven't yet done so, please figure out your fabric requests, if any, and be sure to make them clear and concise. You'll want to put them in your individual ziplock type bags containing your F8s, so they're clearly visible along with your QB Board Name. I don't care if your name is on a label on the outside or on a slip of paper on the inside but it must be easily readable from the outside. When you've got those together, put all the F8s for your group inside a large ziplock-type bag with your name on it. Those in both groups must separate the F8s into two bags. Please don't put 38 in a mailing bag and call it done. Please make this easy for me. Thanks!

So, I'm going to go through all the sign-ups emails one more time to make sure I've got everything correct before I post names and groups. That'll probably be late tomorrow evening. About the same time, I'll send everyone an email with my mailing address and the "rules" once again. You will need to reply to that email to continue! At that time, I should have the individual group threads set up so I'll give you a link to them.

I'll be back to you tomorrow, if not sooner. Thanks, Boomers, for signing up!

Last edited by Janice McC; 06-02-2018 at 06:48 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-02-2018, 06:43 AM

Terri, I absolutely love wisteria! It grew wild everywhere in SC where I grew up. Took me a very long time to accept that you just cannot use them in fresh flower arrangements at home. Ours are solid purple. I just love the smell of them. My Gramma had a vine on the left side of her front porch that grew up and all the way over the roof to the right side and drooped down almost to the ground. I loved sitting on her porch in spring and summer and smelling them after a rain. Thank you for some wonderful memories!
Old 06-02-2018, 08:24 AM

Default Boom Business - Packing - Did I mention small???

It's important to make sure when you pack your individual f8s, that you do so in the smallest ziplock-type bags available to you. We have 11 people in both groups. As both groups end at the same time, presumably I'll be mailing back all blocks in a single padded envelope to those people. That's a lot of fabric stuffed into a single mailing bag. The smaller the baggies, the better, especially for those 11 people. Please, no hard zippers, no gallon sized bags except as the outer bag. Quart-sized or even sandwich sized, no larger, are best but if you do use a larger bag (which I hope you won't) please fold your f8s more than just into quarters. Fabric folds easily and can be pressed before being made into blocks. We're going for small here. Thanks for helping me because when I have to stuff a lot into a single envelope, well, 4-letter words go flying. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2018, 07:53 PM

Ladies here is some good humor. Had my 50 th class reunion today and one of my friends bought these pictures for me. I’m on the left side, lighter hair.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595374[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 6c834d0f-4a8b-42a5-b80d-34293de8d5c6.jpeg  
Old 06-03-2018, 02:41 AM

The pix are terrific, Terriamn! Love the lower left one. Wonder if you were thinking you'd see them next 50 years later and that was your reaction. TFS! And the wisteria is beautiful. I love the scent.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Ladies here is some good humor. Had my 50 th class reunion today and one of my friends bought these pictures for me. I’m on the left side, lighter hair.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595374[/ATTACH]
Old 06-03-2018, 09:42 AM

I think my first boom was 15. My husband and I celebrated 28 years of marrige last weekend. I have 2 grown children. No grandkids. I've been se wing for 45 years, like many of you i started in 4H making clothes. I've been making quilts for 40 years.
My first quilt was made out of denim block from different family members. My daughter has this quilt now.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:53 AM

I hope she she is doing better. I am sure she find comfort in the quilt.

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Hi all,
Here are my fabrics for this boom:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595299[/ATTACH]

The sugar skull fabric was used on the back of a graduation quilt. If you get it, please say a prayer for the young lady that received it. She had a stroke 10 days before graduation and had a 2nd one a few days after graduation. They don't know what caused the strokes and she is undergoing tests.

On a happier note, I have been married for 46 years with 2 grown children with no grandchildren in sight. Oh well, they both have jobs and support themselves so that will have to do.

I first started sewing in elementary school through 4-H. My first quilt was made in the early 70's following the instructions in a magazine. It was tied and made of flannel. When my poor husband took it to the laundermat it disintegrated in the dryer. He felt so bad, but I was glad he did it before I gave it to my friend.

My first boom was number 3. I've been in continuously since, but originally if there were 2 groups, they each got their own boom number instead of different named groups in the same boom.