Boom 21 - Waves

Old 08-17-2018, 03:22 PM

Jaba, I hope you like the block I made for you. Your fabric is pretty.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599699[/ATTACH]

I’m now done with all my Boom 21 Blocks. I really enjoyed making them for all of you and I love the blocks made for me. Thank you! Now it’s time to clean up my sewing room and start. some projects I put aside.
Attached Thumbnails 6fae8281-958b-46f6-a685-755f2c0a8366.jpeg  
Old 08-17-2018, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

Congrats, Janice. Lovely block for Jaba. Her fabric just looks great in every block that was made out of it. She knows how to pick 'em!
Old 08-17-2018, 08:23 PM

Beautiful last 2 blocks Janice.

Had a very pleasant evening at the lake, six of our friends got together and made a meal that was shared so we didn’t have to cook this evening. Then they surprised me with a miniature Weigela plant in memory of my Mom. Tomorrow morning dh and I will head 4 hours north for her Memorial service. My 3 dd’s and families are already up there and a little put out with me because I chose not to go till tomorrow. Two of the girls are not getting along and I decided To take care of myself and avoid any family drama. Hoping service goes well and it’s a happy celebration of Mom’s life.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:45 AM

I hope you have a good day in honor of your mom...I dont blame you about family drama...a memorial service is sure no place for it..Hugs and prayers...
Old 08-18-2018, 04:49 AM

Terriamn, thinking of you and your family today.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:54 AM

Here are the two blocks I finished earlier this week, finally got the PC to work long enough to post.

Joanelizbay - another lazy angle ruler block
cheesehead - another pineapple blossom, even though I have done this block alot in boom 21 I'm trying to make each one different by changing up the 2.5 inch strip placements.
Attached Thumbnails joanelizbay.jpg   cheesehead.jpg  
Old 08-18-2018, 05:25 AM

Thank you Mona for the pineapple blossom block, it's so pretty!

All of the blocks that everyone has been posting look terrific, I will be sad when everyone is finished and there will be no more eye candy for another 6 months.

Leaving the Dells today with the grandchildren. It's been fun this week but now I am pooped out and they are waterlogged from swimming.

I've been busy sewing a binding on my nine patch quilt when time permits and should have it done today. Can't wait to get it washed to get that puffy look.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:03 AM

Thanks, Terriamn. I’m glad you are practicing self-care by avoiding tense family drama. Good for you. Hoping the memorial service is a joyous celebration of your mother. Hugs.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Beautiful last 2 blocks Janice.

Had a very pleasant evening at the lake, six of our friends got together and made a meal that was shared so we didn’t have to cook this evening. Then they surprised me with a miniature Weigela plant in memory of my Mom. Tomorrow morning dh and I will head 4 hours north for her Memorial service. My 3 dd’s and families are already up there and a little put out with me because I chose not to go till tomorrow. Two of the girls are not getting along and I decided To take care of myself and avoid any family drama. Hoping service goes well and it’s a happy celebration of Mom’s life.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:06 AM

Your block for Joanelizbay is new to me. It’s fun. I like the one for Cheesehead too. Beautiful colors. Nice just b in both.
Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
Here are the two blocks I finished earlier this week, finally got the PC to work long enough to post.

Joanelizbay - another lazy angle ruler block
cheesehead - another pineapple blossom, even though I have done this block alot in boom 21 I'm trying to make each one different by changing up the 2.5 inch strip placements.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

I agree with you Cheese. It's so much fun to see new blocks made nearly every day. I will miss it too, but hopefully we will get to see some finished quilts with these blocks!

Mona, love your blocks! I'm liking that lazy angle ruler more and more.

Terri, thinking of you today. I hope your heart is full of good memories of your mom. I'm proud of you for setting boundaries with your kids and their drama. I have a great book that has helped me a ton with family drama. It's called Boundaries, and is by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. I highly recommend it!