Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

OMG, Sewbiz! There is so much detail in that doll! How do you do it?! You are like a wonder woman.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Wow I agree Sewbiz, the doll is so intricate. You sew, knit and crochet, what other hidden talents do you have.

Beautiful Millie. Beautiful blocks.
    Im living vicariously through you Sewbiz. Hug that baby for me.

Thank you everyone... *blush*. It's just knitting. Before my quilting obsession began, I was an obsessive knitter. Started when I was about 15... I wrote patterns, had them published, taught technique classes. Knitting was a huge part of my life. Now, not so much. I'd rather sew. I'm just glad I didn't forget how to knit by the time the grandbabies came along. Now it's fun again.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Very awesome knitting Sewbiz. I crochet but never was able to learn knitting. Your daughter will love it.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Wow! I found the doll. Its amazing!

A multi-talented grandmother you are! The doll looks complicated to me, and will be treasured, I'm sure.

I knit and crochet. I've never tackled any thing that small knitting. I usually stick with afghans. Here's the last afghan I crocheted. Sorry the lighting was dim in the room.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Queenbarbiej; 03-13-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Great crocheted star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
    I knit and crochet. I've never tackled any thing that small knitting. I usually stick with afghans. Here's the last afghan I crocheted. Sorry the lighting was dim in the room.

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

The doll is darling SBG. I love it.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Blog Entries
    Wow! All kinds of talents over here. Love that doll sewbiz! Your afghan sure is pretty queenbarbiej!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Boomers are talented in other arts as well as you can see from the pix. Knitting, crocheting...me, it was (is) cross stitch and crochet. What else do you all do?
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

I use to crochet all the time but to much repetive motion for my wrists, love to scrapbook, stamp, read and garden. Never could get the hang of knitting.

QueenB very pretty crocheted Star

Other than sewing, I crocheted too. I can knit, but I'm like a herd of turtles, I'm so slow at it. Since I'm getting arthritis in my thumbs it's hard to crochet for me now. I made afghans, along with some dolls, tissue covers, pull over sweaters, vests and even a jacket that I loved. I wore that thing completely out. All of my grandchildren have afghans that I made them.
    When woodwork was so popular, I cut and painted that. I had parties in homes where I showed samples and took personalized orders. Them was the good ole' days!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Here's my three offerings for today. First one is for Marcialee. Second one is for MJPEncinitas. Third one is for Cheesehead. Hope y'all like them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oops, these belong to Later. Would you also post them there please? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    Here's my three offerings for today. First one is for Marcialee. Second one is for MJPEncinitas. Third one is for Cheesehead. Hope y'all like them.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

I also crochet, dabble in painting, and love photography

Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Oops, these belong to Later. Would you also post them there please? Thanks!

Sorry. Correcting now.

Pretty star afghan, QueenB. I love to crochet afghans too. I do ripples straight across. I like your pattern tho!

Kass, you are an awesome photographer.

Remember we had someone who did metal work, a few booms ago?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I knit and crochet some, every couple of years now, when the mood stricks. I taught myself how to knit at 9 yrs old, then my Aunt taught me to crochet at 12. I still use the set of crochet hooks she gave me. I knitted and crochet a lot before I found quilting at 17, but I never designed patterns! Far too complicated for me! I just follow patterns.

I taught crochet to a class of seventh graders a few years ago. That was fun!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

WOW what a great doll..and Queen I love the crocheted star..much talent here
    I paint and I scrapbook...

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I use to knit a lot but it started hurting the hands too much. Every now and then I crochet pot holders, love the double sided ones and they are great to put on the table with a hot pot of something in it.
    Hubby and son went to the hockey game in Tampa the other night and a day later Bill got a cold! He just had to share it with me so that's what I've had for the last 3 days. Finished all the Boom blocks so went through all the fabric and fat quarters, refolded all of it, sorted by color. Then I decided to take down the long arm table and make it smaller so I could rearrange the sewing room. 2 days later and I'm done, should have had my head examined but glad my main machine is back in front of a window. With these old eyes it's much easier to see.

Jaba, hope you are feeling better soon. Sure wish my sewing machine was in front of a window instead of being in the basement

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Window view only in Florida terriamn, basement in Wyoming. There is a window there but those are the narrow ones. Not a lot of light but better than nothing. I really miss my space in Wyoming. If we decide to move here permanently I’ll be searching for a bigger house for sure, or at least one with a huge room for the sewing.

I have a nice view from my upstairs sewing room - though right now all I can see is white - since we got another few inches yesterday. Sure was a nasty storm, and half of the state is still showing "no travel advised" as it's going to take a day for them to get the roads cleared and passable again. Work was called off (I think just about all the schools were closed yesterday), but since I telework that didn't really affect me.

We had a lot of melting and a couple of inches of rain before it turned to snow - so many are dealing with flooding along with everything else. It stayed below freezing for well past when it normally starts to warm up, and now it's going to be in the 40's so we are going to be dealing with a lot of water in a short amount of time.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast