Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 04-13-2019, 07:51 AM

I love the Zuni idea Kassaundra. In addition to a wild flower hunt we’ve been searching out petroglyphs. We’ve seen hundreds on this trip. I’ll have to see what petroglyphs Zuni ancestors drew. I think that would make a good quilt block.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:08 AM

We went on a vacation to the Grand Canyon area and that is where I learned about Zuni native art work / pottery / designs. They did nearly all theirs in black / white / and terra cotta colors, and a lot of repeat line work very graphic, right up my alley! I bought a box of clay (the white clay they use) while I was there and made an awesome bowl w/ frogs for legs and a lizard in the bowl center but it broke. I think quilting is the perfect way to mimic their great designs and style.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I love the Zuni idea Kassaundra. In addition to a wild flower hunt we’ve been searching out petroglyphs. We’ve seen hundreds on this trip. I’ll have to see what petroglyphs Zuni ancestors drew. I think that would make a good quilt block.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:09 AM

Great fabric, good for you getting out of your comfort zone.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
This is the fabric I am sending for the next boom.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611523[/ATTACH]
Old 04-13-2019, 10:50 AM

Thanks everyone. First few weeks were easier. Trying to introduce soft food into my diet. Had a couple bites of a scrambled egg. Tasted wonderful but sat like a rock. Very uncomfortable evening. Also tried refried beans and the same thing. Friend suggested a few bites of mashed potatoes and gravy, will try that for dinner

Kass I am going to look up Zuni and ready about them
Old 04-13-2019, 12:39 PM

Terriamn, I hope it gets easier soon.

Kass, I have two ideas already in case we’re in the same group. It should be an exciting quilt to work on.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Thanks everyone. First few weeks were easier. Trying to introduce soft food into my diet. Had a couple bites of a scrambled egg. Tasted wonderful but sat like a rock. Very uncomfortable evening. Also tried refried beans and the same thing. Friend suggested a few bites of mashed potatoes and gravy, will try that for dinner
I recently had to go through the process of liquids only, soft foods, back to normal diet.

Doc figured 2 days each of the first 2 then back to normal. The soft food stage took about a month, and mashed potatoes became my go-to meal. Scrambled eggs and oatmeal were like a rock for me too. Mostly I didn't eat much that required chewing. Hope it works for you too!
Old 04-13-2019, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Has anyone heard from Bibliostone? Haven’t seen a post in almost two weeks but she appears to be checking the QB. Bibliostone, please check in with us! Hope all is ok.
Hello all, truly, I have not fallen off the earth. Sorry for not posting. We stopped in TN to visit family on our way back to Ohio and so I only checked in occasionally with my phone. Then when we got back, I had to go through all the mail to find all the tax documents since we had an appointment with our tax accountant for two days after we arrived home. Usually my husband drives all the way home, but we drove a car home for friends who will be out of the country until next November, so I had to drive. It exhausted me! We had three major stoppages on the way back. That added 4 extra hours on our final day.

Have not done any sewing for the last two weeks.
I have one block to post that I finished in Florida, but every picture I took with my phone came out blurry, so I need to do another one with my real camera.

Good news is that my 1/4 inch foot was sitting on my sewing table when we got home. The last foot I used here was my zipper foot and it was in my case I took to FL, so I was afraid the 1/4 foot had come off the machine. Evidently, I never put it back on.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:47 PM

Here are todays creations:

Jaba
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611561[/ATTACH]
LStew2212
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611562[/ATTACH]
Klaws
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611563[/ATTACH]
DarcyShannon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611560[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails darcyshannon-later-boom.png   jaba-later-boom.png   lstew2212-later-boom.png   klaws-later-boom.png  
Old 04-14-2019, 02:22 AM

Beautiful blocks H4B's! Hope you're settling in comfortably into your new space It's nice to still see new blocks posted!
Old 04-14-2019, 06:43 AM

Thank you so much H4Bs, perfect. We’re just waiting for the car to get done, their 5 days have turned into 10, imagine that! I think we will be heading to Wyoming next Thursday so I won’t be on here very much but I will let you know when we get home. At least we have missed driving through the big storms on the way.