Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 05-02-2019, 07:42 AM

Bibliostone - I absolutely love what you did - everything about it! You gals rock when it comes to creativity.
Janice - what did you get at the nursery ?? I just had a recall - my Dad had seen the "flowers" I had gotten for my garden years ago - and said "You paid money for wild flowers?" he couldn't understand that the wildflowers were now garden flowers!
Mom is packing up - two huge suitcases. She has to iron the clothes before she puts them in, and then will iron them when she takes them out. I just let her do her thing - it makes her happy! She leaves on Saturday - will be bitter-sweet because I do love her here, but I do love my quiet time.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:13 AM

Good morning. TG, I was lured away from the GA natives by other beautiful colors and lush flowering plants. Most of the natives they had were large and so they wouldn't work for me now anyway. But I purchased a couple of kinds of lantana, golds, reds, and yellows, three hanging baskets of amethyst torenias, 3 GA peach heuchera, one cardinal clematis and then a few other 3 inch pots of various plants to try out. Most of the yard is shady so I don't have success with a lot. I've learned to buy small and then if they work, buy more in later years.

SBG, the avatar is my pibble. She's the sweetest and most loving dog we've ever had the pleasure have in our lives, and we've had some good dogs. She's a bit of a goofy baby.

Update on sorting. All blocks are due the 11th but all packages rec'd to date are sorted and in their appropriate bags. As the rest come in, I'll sort them and then I should be able to mail very shortly after the last one comes in. Woo hoo!

I'm off to yoga...later Laters...
Old 05-03-2019, 06:46 AM

Janice I can’t wait to go flower shopping. I have three big containers at lake I usually fill with 3 already potted baskets from Cisco. Take the flowers out arrange the way I like add a few extras and I have very pretty pots

Arrived at lake for first time this year and a couple of mice had found their way in. Nibbled on my cupboard door and pooped every where. Have the place vacuumed but waiting for hot water to scrub the place down. Yuck
Old 05-03-2019, 08:49 AM

Finally! Here are my last three. I will get all of them in the mail tomorrow. Yippee!

First one is for travelinggramma.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612434[/ATTACH]

This one is for The Merkle Family
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612435[/ATTACH]

Last but not least is for MJPEncinitas.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612436[/ATTACH]

I hope everyone likes their block. The colors seem to be off but they look good in person.
Attached Thumbnails traveling-gramma.jpg   themerkelfamily.jpg   mjpencinitas.jpg  
Old 05-03-2019, 08:52 AM

Ick on the mice! We had two last winter. They got in through a tiny gap near the dryer vent but they took up residence in the laundry sink among some old towels. That sink isn’t used much. DH “dispatched” them and I scrubbed everything and put all food in glass or metal containers. About 10 years and that was the only time we had mice. Could have been much worse but we use the cabin frequently year round so it was caught early. I love the idea of flowers at the cabin but we’re not there daily and what little I’ve planted has died in the heat of the summer, especially when it gets dry. I’ve got spider plants inside but I gave up on flowers there. I bet your flowers will be pretty!

Back from yoga. First time in weeks since I strained my lumbar spine area. Feels good to be a little stretchier now.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Janice I can’t wait to go flower shopping. I have three big containers at lake I usually fill with 3 already potted baskets from Cisco. Take the flowers out arrange the way I like add a few extras and I have very pretty pots

Arrived at lake for first time this year and a couple of mice had found their way in. Nibbled on my cupboard door and pooped every where. Have the place vacuumed but waiting for hot water to scrub the place down. Yuck
Old 05-03-2019, 11:10 AM

Pretty blocks, Klaws! Who’d think peas could look so good?

Well, if all goes well then with the shipping of the last two packages, I will definitely be getting Later’s blocks out early. Wow!
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Finally! Here are my last three. I will get all of them in the mail tomorrow. Yippee!

First one is for travelinggramma.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612434[/ATTACH]

This one is for The Merkle Family
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612435[/ATTACH]

Last but not least is for MJPEncinitas.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612436[/ATTACH]

I hope everyone likes their block. The colors seem to be off but they look good in person.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:07 PM

Got my fabrics for the next Swap. Took me forever to decide.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612447[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]612448[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cat-fabric.jpg   flower-fabric.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-04-2019 at 02:55 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 05-03-2019, 01:34 PM

Thank you Klaws. I love my block. Great fussy cutting.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:38 PM

Oh, my gosh! I love those cats!!!
Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Got my fabrics for the next Swap. Took me forever to decide.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612447[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]612448[/ATTACH]

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-04-2019 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:29 PM

H4B live the cats also, always am attracted to bright colors