Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 02-18-2019, 08:12 AM

A crate of limes, who knows could happen, except I don't have enough "crate" fabric left, but I am about to go to the fabric store on a quest for orange fabric to compliment Terri's fabric.QUOTE=travelinggramma;8212338]Kass - loving both of your creations. Thinking my produce would look good through the slats of a fence? HMM
You are a true illusionist.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-18-2019, 08:46 AM

Kassaundra, absolutely stunning illusion blocks! Wow!

TheMerkleFamily, I love the two you made for Hav and Lstew. Wonderful.

Thank you for the nice comments on my blocks. I've got to go back and really look at the other blocks that have been made again. I get in "gallery mode" and grab pix and don't really see them. I want to just stroll through the threads and enjoy them all.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:07 AM

I'm loving all the blocks being posted; I just can't always remember who made what, and that makes me uncomfortable. Hope you'll all bear with me on that.

Kass, your blocks are so unique I went through the gallery and picked them out without looking at the names. Have you considered doing a book? Of course that might take the fun out of the creative process.

MJP, after quilting for many years I found a book on precision piecing that I thought would improve my piecing (my favorite part of quilt making) with new techniques. As it turned out, it was all about the basics and how to improve by slowing down and watching the details we all learn at first. It worked! My piecing improved a lot and became even more fun. Your applique is lovely, and even the pieced block you called a fail looked good to me.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:44 AM

We had freezing rain/sleet/snow last night. It basically puts the town on stop mode because we do not have many plows and it will all go away shortly!
So here is Bibliostone. When I saw this block it was all about back and forth arrows and daisys. Here is your tennis block.
Attached Thumbnails biblio-2-.jpg  
Old 02-18-2019, 12:35 PM

I decided to take on this boom a bit different.... I had a lovely morning digging through my stash and scraps finding the right fabrics to go with everyone's fabric. For the first boom ever, I have fabric for everyone! For only quiling a little over two years, the amount of fabric I have accumulated is impressive. So here is a sneak peak of what is to come...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608669[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boom-22.jpeg  
Old 02-18-2019, 12:43 PM

Jayne - isn't that a great feeling!! I to see what I have in my stash before I can decide on a pattern. So far I think I have everything, but who knows. Looking like you are on a roll.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:48 PM

Good for you, JayneW, shopping, in your stash! I've been lucky so far too. I even found just enough of Terriamn's orange-red deep down in a box I haven't looked at in months. Yay! I will need a brown for Jaba's but that should be easy to find. I think I'm set for all the rest. How is everyone else doing? Have you found you've got most of your colors or do you need to make a quick trip to an LQS?
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
I decided to take on this boom a bit different.... I had a lovely morning digging through my stash and scraps finding the right fabrics to go with everyone's fabric. For the first boom ever, I have fabric for everyone! For only quiling a little over two years, the amount of fabric I have accumulated is impressive. So here is a sneak peak of what is to come...

Old 02-18-2019, 12:56 PM

This is how I do it too. I just put the fabric right in the bag. Then if I find I need more, different fabric once I decide on a block then I hit the lqs. Mom and I are getting together next Saturday to do some boom shopping. Well hit the stash first then onward to the lqs.
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post

Old 02-18-2019, 01:05 PM

Block I made today for Kassaundra. Sorry the picture looks washed out. I used Burgundy and Green to match the feathers in the fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608671[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails kass-block.jpg  
Old 02-18-2019, 01:35 PM

Hi Laters,
I have come across a problem I'm hoping you can help with. I've been making some practice blocks before I work all of your beautiful fabrics to make sure they are coming out the way I want. Try as I might, my finished blocks keep measuring 12 1/4 inches.

Some of the things I've done:
1. Used patterns that say they measure 12.5 inches. I used one of the ones from the site posted here: http://delawarequilts.com/BOMs/
2. I've used an Accqucutter to cut my pieces.
3. Measured my seams which are measuring 1/4 inch.

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom and tricks!!
Vikki