Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 02-28-2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Here is my 6’3” son sewing a bag for his girlfriend, ...
dilegently at work! My son has made pouches for his gf, but he hasn’t tackled a bag yet.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
For H4B, very fun fabric to work with

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609456[/ATTACH]
beautiful!

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
My DIL and son are on their way to the hospital. She has to be induced as her blood pressure is a bit high.
In my thoughts and prayers!
MJP, my dh was very creative with a sewing machine. His major was threaten and he love to design mother then sew.

Test Results are in. Doc said they have been treating me for the wrong kind of infection. It is bacterial, not fungal. My skin infection is streptococcus pyogenes and streptococcus agalactive.
glad they found out is it going to be easy to treat?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-28-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:07 PM

MJP, my dh was very creative with a sewing machine. His major was threaten and he love to design mother then sew.

TEST Results are in. Doc said they have been treating me for the wrong kind of infection. It is bacterial, not fungal. My skin infection is streptococcus pyogenes and streptococcus agalactive.

Terri, maybe now they can get you on the right medication for your infection. I hope your new meds work fast and you can finally get some relief.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:12 PM

Yes Christine,
Pamela is my daughter and she was my inspiration and has been a constant help. I've been so fortunate to have my own personal "advisor"!

Vikki

QUOTE=TheMerkleFamily;8217813]Mom put a smile on my face, too

I can't recall for sure but I thought I remembered it to be Pamela who introduced her mother to quilting? Or was it just introducing her to the QB?

I've been telling my daughter that she is destined to sew/quilt simply because she appreciates the end product. She can't see it at 34 years old but I have a small wager with my DH that she will - sooner or later.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-28-2019, 06:14 PM

Thanks Janice, I can just pop it in the mail if it would make it easier.
Vikki

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Vikkim, Hav is in both groups. Hold onto the end to see if there are any other bonus blocks. If not, we can probably squeeze in one extra. Just be sure to add it to the same baggie as the primary block. Nice job with your blocks.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Yay more babies! We will be waiting for updates Hav4. This boom has definitely reminded us of the whole circle of life. I'm glad we get to celebrate so new life as we all work through the loss of Joan.
Very well said, Jayne! And... Yay!! More babies! Hoping all goes well for mother and baby.

Loved seeing your son sewing, MJP.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 02-28-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:52 AM

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful blocks you made for me. I will be building some blocks today so hopefully will get them posted.

its so sad to hear about a quilting family member passing on.

Everyones blocks are so nice
Old 03-01-2019, 03:43 AM

How do you guys write who it’s for and from right on the block picture?
Old 03-01-2019, 05:11 AM

Hello ladies, the blocks posted have been wonderful. I finally unpacked my machine and discovered I do not have my 1/4 foot with me. Hopefully it is sitting on my sewing table at home. I do have a regular sewing foot with me, but I have had to practice to get a scant 1/4 inch seam. Here are my first two blocks:

For Klaws, Double Friendship Star:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609473[/ATTACH]

For JaniceMcC, Sunny Days:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609474[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails klawss.jpg   janicemccs.jpg  
Old 03-01-2019, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
How do you guys write who it’s for and from right on the block picture?
I use a free editing software called PhotoScape that lets me crop, resize photos, and add text to the photo.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:37 AM

Wow...there's a lot to respond to but first, a bit of Boom biz. Please remember not to use all caps words in your posts. The QB admin considers it shouting and the post will be edited or removed by admin. They're serious so let's try to avoid doing this. Use your editing tools: B for Bold, I for italics and U for Underline. You will find them at the top left of the reply box.

Mjp, love the pic of your son sewing. Lucky you. Neither of my sons has the slightest interest so I'm impressed yours does. My youngest is sensitive to my craft work though. His friend used a decorative cross stitched pillow and put it under his head and was a bit rough with it. DS removed it knowing it might harm the work. He saw the hours I put into it.

JayneW, wonderful way to put it...Joan's on my mind a lot this week. I keep thinking that the day before she died, she emailed me and talked about her embroidery work she was still getting the hang of and that she'd mailed her f8s. The next day she was gone.
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
.... This boom has definitely reminded us of the whole circle of life. I'm glad we get to celebrate so new life as we all work through the loss of Joan...
Gee, well at least that explains it, Terriamn. They'll get it resolved and you'll be good to go for your surgery.

Vikkim, just go ahead and put it in the same baggie as the other block and mail it to me. That way it will be tracked and all together.

Marcialee, will look forward to your blocks. I'm still trying to decide on a pattern for yours.

Bibliostone, pretty block for Klaws, but my block is wonderful! I love it. Thank you so much. I think that fabric and the bear fabric are particularly difficult to work with. You pulled it off beautifully! I'm sure your 1/4 inch foot is sitting there, wondering why it's been left behind.
Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Hello ladies, the blocks posted have been wonderful. I finally unpacked my machine and discovered I do not have my 1/4 foot with me. Hopefully it is sitting on my sewing table at home. I do have a regular sewing foot with me, but I have had to practice to get a scant 1/4 inch seam. Here are my first two blocks:
For JaniceMcC, Sunny Days:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609474[/ATTACH]
And the last thing I want to say is that I deeply appreciate all each of you do to make this swap run as smoothly as it can. This includes most especially being positive and sharing your compliments of the work you see; keeping in touch with the group and continuing to dialog consistently and posting pix of your blocks and trying to keep them small, not always easy, especially when it's new to you. There is much more but these are the highlights I feel today. Hugs to you all. I'm working on finding more gratitude in my life and you guys are on the receiving end today. You know I'm not much of a softie but today I feel pretty mushy. Circle of life stuff, I guess.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-01-2019 at 06:43 AM. Reason: remove comments on moderation