Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 11-06-2019, 08:49 AM

Am looking forward to seeing this your bow ties are cool finished.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Janice sent you a pm w/ the tracking info this morning.

I am trying to finish Bow Ties are Cool I am down to borders and binding. The borders are on (simple plain black since I didn't want to detract from the pieces "timey wimey" inner border) but not quilted yet. The binding hasn't been started yet but it will be bias cut red stripe.
I love the work done by Edyta Sitar. I hope you'll post a progress pic.
Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
I’m working on making ornaments for the ornament swap and now that is done, I’ll be getting back at my “Sew in Love” bom by Edyta sitar. It’s intermediate level and has been taking me through different skills and tips and tricks. I’m on month 7 now and am getting ready to tackle y seams. I love this bom because there are monthly videos where she shows how to make each block. Great instructions for a newbie at these skills.
Cheese, you are very prolific. I haven't gotten that many pieces done in my entire quilting career!
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Since we returned to Alabama, I have quilted 25 table runners on the long arm and have two small hexi table toppers left to do. The bindings are all sewn on and 6 have the hand stitching finished to the back, the rest will be finished whenever I feel like hand stitching.

Now that it's finally cooler here in the south, we are pruning many of the bushes in the yard. This coming Sunday we plan to leave to go to Wisconsin for the holidays and will return to the south right after Christmas. So much to do in so little time!

Cheese
And SBG, you're outdoing yourself! Everything for the children sounds wonderful.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yes, many things! Daughter wanted a cream colored sweater for the GB as she has outgrown the first one I knitted for her... so that's in the works now. Also I have started some play clothes for the GBs... cute little tops with long sleeves and matching leggings. And some dresses for them too. And I have 8 hand embroidered (out of 50) state bird and flower blocks done for a quilt. Those are so much fun, I could work on them all day long. And lets not forget the red knitted pony for one of the GB's Christmas presents... Too many things. But, all fun!
Your leaves sound a bit like a nightmare to make but they turned out lovely, didn't they?
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I finished my paper pieced leaves for my swap, date has been extended by 6 weeks because so many ladies just gave up. Finished one Table topper and just need binding for a mini quilt for my 12 days of Christmas swapper. Worked on my embroidery machine for 3 days straight and made felt and FSL Christmas ornaments. Need to wrap all the 12 days of Christmas gifts and cut out a Christmas wall hanging to take with to work on during a retreat next Monday through
Wednesday. Feel like life is just rushing right by me but love making all the fun small ornaments. Next year I am going to be cutting down dramatically on all my commitments. The booms aren’t commitments they are joyous and fun
Too bad you are kept from your quilting bc of work. It's unfair! (LOL, I wish we got to chose all the time whether to work or sew.)
Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Work. That is it for now. It is budget building season for the state of CA so I am swamped!
Hav, the red bear is perfect. No wonder Mom laid claim to it. How special they will all be for your family members.
Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
I’m working on memory bears for my nieces and nephew. These are made with my father’s (poppy) flannel shirts.

I went over the weekend and bought safety eyes and noses. Now I need to find the perfect ribbon. I’m going to order hearts from Etsy that have been embroidered with “hugs from poppy” to put over the bears heart.
The one above is my practice bear. My mother recognized this shirt and has claimed this bear.
Pretty block, Bibliostone!
Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
This Castle in the Air block is for Queenbarbiej. Only 4 more to do!
Yup, beautiful. Congrats!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Projects
Lovely blocks. Look forward to seeing them soon in person. This round is looking very good across the board.
Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
This is the last of them! For Annt59, Hav4boys, IrishMom, Juliasb, Kassaundra and Queenbarbie! Hope you like them! Now to get them in the mail!
Juliasb, hope you feel well soon.
Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I have been terribly sick this last week and up and down for an hour here and an hour there. I have no voice, a fever that won't break (low grade), runny nose, muscle aches and a sore throat. I started antibiotics last Friday. My sewing went on hold as my sleep patterns got all messed up. I am taking my energy here for the morning. I am almost done with the baby quilt I am making. I am getting more and more excited about soon getting all these lovely blocks to make into a beautiful quilt. I Figured I should check in now. I am seeing baby quilts in the making a bright red and blue for a granddaughter and a series of new blocks for the Boom 23. This is all heartwarming and makes my day today.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:08 AM

Julia, hope you feel better quickly.

Suzie love your blocks

Janice oh boy you are living wild and crazy with all that WOW but your quilt is going to be beautiful
Old 11-06-2019, 11:17 AM

Correction! Lstew2212 ​the red bear is wonderful!
Old 11-06-2019, 01:01 PM

I finished bow ties are cool and made a post in the pictures section but here are a couple pics of it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619353[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619355[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619356[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0002.jpg   dsc_0007.jpg   dsc_0008.jpg  
Old 11-06-2019, 02:08 PM

Absolutely gorgeous Kass
Old 11-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

Cool quilt, Kass! The decorative stitching mimics the ribbon border around the center... I'm sure your nephew (?) will love it.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:38 PM

I’m in NY with my 87 year old Mom. My sisters moved her to assisted living. Of course she really had to pare down what she brought over. Look what’s on her bed! The boom quilt. They decorated the bed around the quilt!
i am here with DH, daughter from Omaha, and son from Pittsburgh to clear out her independent living apartment. I hope we can get it done quickly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619363[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 41f57179-b2b4-4ece-b644-8af053c71211.jpeg  
Old 11-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I’m in NY with my 87 year old Mom. My sisters moved her to assisted living. Of course she really had to pare down what she brought over. Look what’s on her bed! The boom quilt. They decorated the bed around the quilt!
i am here with DH, daughter from Omaha, and son from Pittsburgh to clear out her independent living apartment. I hope we can get it done quickly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619363[/ATTACH]

So sweet that our quilt gave her that much pleasure that she wanted it with her. Thanks for sharing! I hope she adjusts to her new home and is happy there.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:25 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619378[/ATTACH]?Should I keep this? Singer featherweight from the 1950 s. My husband thinks I could bring it camping and make boom blocks with it. Since many of my blocks are applique I don’t know if it would work. No zig zag. Can you use a FMQ foot on this? I’ll post to the vintage machine group too.
Attached Thumbnails c1b91edc-553e-4d85-9198-bd214a9559d5.jpeg  

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 11-07-2019 at 04:28 AM.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:34 AM

Can you lower the feed dogs on this machine? I not I have a machine that if you put the stitch length to zero and release the pressure foot pressure I can free motion with it using the regular foot. Give that a shot to see if it will work. I would love a feather weight. My husband says the four machines I have now is more than enough.