Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

I about fell out of my seat when I saw your name attached to this fabric!!!! lol lol lol Not your usual for sure but love the "chocolate bunnies"
    Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    One of my fabrics. Going to be for a couple gender neutral baby quilts. Will add bright sashing to give it a pop of color

Attachment 614411
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Cool fabric do you know what you have in mind yet?

Quote Originally Posted by klaws View Post
    Here is my fabric. The background looks white but it is actually yellow. I love the bright colors. Really different from the grays that I had last time. I think everyone will have fun with it.

Attachment 614412

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Welcome to our little group always glad to see new Boomers.
    Quote Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
    I would like to be in for the 3 month group.

Joined this morning, first ever swap. Then found out my LQS is having a fabulous sale starting Friday! I think I’ll choose something outside my comfort zone and see what happens.

Welcome, first post and first Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Smglover207 View Post
    Joined this morning, first ever swap. Then found out my LQS is having a fabulous sale starting Friday! I think I’ll choose something outside my comfort zone and see what happens.

Welcome, Smglover207. You're going to be just as hooked as we are in no time! LOL
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

I'm still thinking about it - summers are the busy time at work for me. Though I did get the binding on my Sooner swap quilt this afternoon!
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Macybaby have you posted a pic? I'm interested to see your colorful blocks all put together!

I so badly want to participate as I had a wonderful time playing in my 1st Boom (22) but I also see the list of projects and summertime obligations that already have me trying to keep up (actually, catch-up as I'm already behind). I reluctantly must stand on the sidelines for 23. So I hope you all won't mind if I lurk, enjoy your party from the sidelines and jump back in for the following cycle I'm anxious to see the creative geniuses in action again soon.

If there are any 'newbies' considering joining this Boom - I highly recommend participating!

Christine
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

I'm still debating on what I'm sending this boom. I was bummed I didn't get my act together in time to do my Zuni quilt. I got a back up piece of fabric that is rose / orange / white w/ a close repeating geometric type pattern, I will most likely send it, but am not 100% sure yet.

Once a Boomer always a Boomer even if you aren't doing this boom you can still share by posting, you don't have to lurk quietly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
    Macybaby have you posted a pic? I'm interested to see your colorful blocks all put together!

I so badly want to participate as I had a wonderful time playing in my 1st Boom (22) but I also see the list of projects and summertime obligations that already have me trying to keep up (actually, catch-up as I'm already behind). I reluctantly must stand on the sidelines for 23. So I hope you all won't mind if I lurk, enjoy your party from the sidelines and jump back in for the following cycle I'm anxious to see the creative geniuses in action again soon.

If there are any 'newbies' considering joining this Boom - I highly recommend participating!

Christine

Klaws love your bright fabric. Yes Kass Klaws fabric Is much more my style but totally stepping out of my comfort zone this boom. The other fabric will be a pastel. Terri pastel? Unheard of.

Welcome new boomers, hope you love it as much as I do.

Name:  1DE5110E-236F-4930-968F-6E2FCEA56A34.jpeg
Views: 91
Size:  1.34 MB
    I bought this in Tennessee. I love the blue especially.

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

Hav, I've got your email. You're in!
    Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    I would like to be in both groups.
    Smglover207, Welcome!!! So pleased to have another "newbie" this round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smglover207 View Post
    Well, Macybaby and TheMerkleFamily, you've still got time to decide. Of course, you are always welcome. Maybe the 3 month group to give you the most time? It can never be more than 19 blocks to make as our max group is 20. If not, don't be a strangers! Drop in on us. Lurk all you want!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
    I'm still thinking about it - summers are the busy time at work for me. Though I did get the binding on my Sooner swap quilt this afternoon!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post

Christine
    Terriamn, those bunnies will make wonderful blocks!
    Klaws love your bright fabric. Yes Kass Klaws fabric Is much more my style but totally stepping out of my comfort zone this boom. The other fabric will be a pastel. Terri pastel? Unheard of.
    GrameE, is this definitely your fabric for the swap? If so, I'll grab it for the gallery. Looks like there are some shiny metallic threads in it. Pretty!
    Quote Originally Posted by GramE View Post
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Boom Biz

Reminders for our veteran boomers and new info for our newbies...

Please do not post with all capital words as it's considered shouting by admin and your post will be edited. Use the editing tools above for emphasis... B for bold, I for italics, U for underline.

Please remember to shrink all photos you post to 200 kb or smaller whenever possible. When we become picture heavy, large files really slow down loading of the pages for some, plus it saves me having to reduce 600 pictures before moving them to the gallery.

Also, before posting pix, double check that you haven't revealed any personal info accidentally. Some Boomers use the marked baggies the fabrics come in as id in photos. There may be an address sticker or real name on them. Watch out for that. You may chose to reveal your own personal info but not someone else's!

Thank you. Have a good day!
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Blog Entries
    I just love this fabric!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Here are my fabric choices. The blues are for the 2 month group and the browns are for the 3 month group. I will be adding one more blue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

gramE love your fabric what are you requesting to go with it.

Oh that took me 2 seconds to see the fabric I want to work with! ( the repeat one of course)

On second look that lightest one might have enough repeats to play with too.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
    Here are my fabric choices. The blues are for the 2 month group and the browns are for the 3 month group. I will be adding one more blue.
    Last edited by Kassaundra; 07-03-2019 at 04:59 AM.

gramE love your fabric what are you requesting to go with it.
    WOW or the blue blue.

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    Cool fabric do you know what you have in mind yet?
    I want everyone to go wild and use any color in the fabric except yellow in addition to WOW. I think it will be so much fun to see what everyone comes up with.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Terri, the bunny fabric is so cute!
    GramE, love your fabric!
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Oh the choices! lol

Quote Originally Posted by klaws View Post
    I want everyone to go wild and use any color in the fabric except yellow in addition to WOW. I think it will be so much fun to see what everyone comes up with.

Blog Entries
    As a newbie to this swap I am very excited to be a part of this group of swappers! I have my F8's ready to send out and rippin' to go! I haven't done a swap like this in many years as life just got in the way of such fun. I love quilting and have been quilting now for more than 30 years. I mostly love patchworking. My stash will long outlive me. This swap is a great way for me to dig into my stash and use it for just what it is supposed to be used for. I have been on the Quilt Board now since 2010 I think? I went inactive a few years ago, as I said life got in the way. I consider myself an intermediate quilter.
    I am looking forward to getting to know as many of you as I can. Be patient with me as I learn the ropes of this swap. Who know's I might get it just right the first time around.

No pics of fabric yet (until I decide for sure) but some update pics of Cricket and her baby. These are about a week old but they are still doing great. She got to shed her maternity clothes since her baby has some feathers, and it has warmed up quite a bit.

Name:  DSC_0192.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  158.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0193.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  164.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0195.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  164.1 KB

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast