Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 03-05-2020, 08:29 PM

Forgot to add the pic of the fabric. Oops.
Attached Thumbnails c121c090-a5ab-4d65-bc18-da931d46f1f8.jpeg  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Power Poster

Cute daisy fabric! I think lots of us are thinking of Spring, judging by our fabric choices.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:46 AM

Tracking numbers have been emailed to each person who paid cash for their shipping. Be on the lookout and make sure the address is correct. Packages will ship on Monday. Now to print...fingers crossed.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Tracking numbers have been emailed to each person who paid cash for their shipping. Be on the lookout and make sure the address is correct. Packages will ship on Monday. Now to print...fingers crossed.
The "fun" part is printing so many labels at one time. I don't envy you. I have enough trouble printing a single label with the post office. I don't envy you this part. I am so looking forward to getting my fingers on these fabrics. Surgery is Tues. So the fabrics will get here as I am mending. I shouldn't be to far behind on getting started.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:35 AM

Janice I have used that fabric in several Warm Wishes quilts. Love it.

Julia good luck on your surgery. Hope recovery goes as smoothly as mine did 3 years ago.

i am excited the package should arrive before my surgery on Friday. Hoping I can cut a few blocks out right away. Depends how far the incisions go under my arms As to when I can use a rotary cutter again. Will pick fabric and which blocks I am going to make and be ready to go when I get the ok. I could use all the good thoughts and prayers I can get for a trauma free recovery.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:31 AM

When I get home tonight, I'll try to post the tops I've gotten done the last couple of weeks.
I'm doing another purple and green quilt this boom.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:35 AM

USPS is giving me fits today but labels are printed; no having to hand print them. Woo hoo! Packages go Monday.

Terriamn, you will have lots of good wishes and thoughts from me. Will keep you - and your surgeon - in my thoughts next Friday. Be well and check in when you are up to it. Hugs. I love those cheery daisies.

Good grief, today is blustery, wind whipping all around. My wind chimes are ringing continuously. No complaints because the wind brought clear skies. We've had so much rain this year already that I think GA will float away.

Have a good day, Boomers.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

Hi Gang... Janice, I think we are having the same weather as you, just maybe a day ahead.

Terri and Juliasb, pray both your surgeries go off without a hitch! And good recoveries too. Gosh, I would love smaller breasts, for whatever reason!

I got my "preshipment" notice from USPS. Can hardly believe it's almost time to start on more blocks! Very soon now... Are we having a name this time? Or just "Boom 24" since there's only one group? I've been trying to get some quilting finished before they arrive, so I can dive right in.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:20 PM

SBG, I thought we’d just be Boom 24 but if anyone has a name suggestion, let me know.

I’d like to see those tops.
Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
When I get home tonight, I'll try to post the tops I've gotten done the last couple of weeks.
I'm doing another purple and green quilt this boom.
Juliasb, good luck with next week’s surgery. I’ll keep you in my thoughts. Let us know how you’re feeling when you are able to.
Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
The "fun" part is printing so many labels at one time. I don't envy you. I have enough trouble printing a single label with the post office. I don't envy you this part. I am so looking forward to getting my fingers on these fabrics. Surgery is Tues. So the fabrics will get here as I am mending. I shouldn't be to far behind on getting started.
You are welcome SuziSew.
Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
Thanks Janice! I just noticed you posted my fabrics in Weebly. I took a picture but hadn't gotten around to getting it in the thread. You are awesome!
Old 03-06-2020, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
SBG, I thought we’d just be Boom 24 but if anyone has a name suggestion, let me know.

I’d like to see those tops.
They are Boom quilts... but now my phone won't upload to my computer. Ridiculous.