Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 04-23-2020, 05:45 PM

Thanks Biblistone, beautiful bright block
Old 04-23-2020, 11:00 PM
Power Poster

That is a fantastic block for Terri, B’stone!

Hope your wrist recovers soon.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:20 PM

Love that block Biblistone. I got two more done today.
Macybaby and Christyj, I hope they will work in your quilts.
I spent a while cleaning off my cutting table as I was looking for my 6.5 inch ruler. Didn't find in there but I now have a clean table and it is so nice to have more room. I found in on my ring with the other small rulers, I looked there a couple of times but didn't see it!!!
Sunny here in WI today, I hope to get out for a walk.
Attached Thumbnails macybaby.jpg   christyj.jpg  
Old 04-24-2020, 08:19 PM

I finally got most of the blocks done. Here's to Quiltinglawyer, MonaG, Lum, Marija and Hav4boys. I have one more left to do.
Attached Thumbnails quiltinglawyer.jpg   monag.jpg   lum.jpg   marija.jpg   hav4boys.jpg  

Old 04-24-2020, 08:20 PM

These two are for Klaws and Marcialee
Attached Thumbnails klaws.jpg   marcialee.jpg  
Old 04-25-2020, 03:50 AM

Such pretty blocks everyone is making!

I sent everyone different fabric, and now I don't remember any of it other than it was small print floral. So half the time I don't even recognize what I sent in the blocks that are made. It's going to be very fun when all the blocks are done and the squishy arrives!

I spent all last weekend making masks, and will spend quite a bit of time this weekend working in the yard/garden. This new home has a lot of neat landscaping and some perennials, but it's been neglected for at least three years so there is a lot of work to be done. The east side of the house had a retaining wall with a few levels, and at the top is a row of lilacs, which have suckered into the other areas of the wall. I finally got the roots cleaned out of the part that I want to put veggies in. That part has some herbs on one end and rhubarb on the other, and some ornamental grass one one end that was overgrowing the rhubarb. I saved some of the grass and put that in a tree ring that had been overgrown by the lawn.

The west side is more formal and there are several ground hugging evergreens that are overhanging the flower beds and sidewalk, so there will be a lot of trimming going on there too. I may make a trip up to the nursery to get some plants. We don't have a "stay at home" formal order, but people are being careful, and it's only a town of 2,000 anyway. The biggest threat is that we are on the river and we are still seeing a lot of "out of state" people coming to fish. Many are from states that do have "stay at home" orders.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:40 AM

Thank you QueenB for my block. It looks great! All of the other blocks are wonderful also.
I'm like Macybaby, I sent a different piece of fabric to each person. I can't remember what I sent. Anywho, I'm excited to see everything in person.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:07 AM

My blocks are off and on their way to JaniceMcC. I have started making some fun blocks, Drunkard's Path. My first time being successful at DP blocks. I am also back to making mask. My elastic came in yesterday!! I was so excited. I finished up 20 mask yesterday and they are out the door today. I am sure to have more than enough elastic to get through the COVID and have enough for what ever else would come my way.
Everyone's blocks are looking so beautiful. This is so exciting. Off to getting the morning started.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:35 AM

Have4boys, I had planned on having your fabric be the star but when I started cutting it I looked at the wrong directions and didn't realize it until your fabric was less than the 6.5 inches I needed for the middle square. The yellow is a little lighter than the yellow in your print but since it had butterflies on it I thought it would work.
Hopefully you will still be able to use it.
Attached Thumbnails hav4boys.jpg  
Old 04-25-2020, 09:33 AM

my blocks were shipped on Friday and everyones blocks are beautiful Thank you to everyone