Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 05-30-2020, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

Quilting Lawyer, I love my block! You nailed it, both color and pattern-wise. Thank you.

Little Charlie is adorbs!!! What a face! I am at my daughter’s house for a visit with mine, and she is now 13 months old. They have decided it was time to try for #2... yay!
Tomorrow I will get to see my other grandbaby, 15 months old. That one is walking everywhere now!
Old 05-30-2020, 07:26 AM

I went out yesterday! It felt so good in so many ways. Even though my sister and I were going to a food bank for her I was thrilled to sit in the car and wait with her from 5 am until she actually was served at 10:05 am. It was a very long morning. I worked on some applique pieces I am putting together, Sunbonnet Sue pieces, while she crochet during our wait. I came home and just crashed for the rest of the day. Sitting in the car that was very hard on my body. This experience is one I don't need to repeat. Spending time with my sister though is like spending time with a great lifetime friend. Now that she is retired she is learning to quilt. She made her first quilt with 21/2" strips she cut with my accuquilt it came out really nice! I may have been exhausted with my outing but so glad that I was able to do it. Today I will be working on more drunkard path pieces.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:27 PM

Ladies all the blocks are looking lovely. I've been working on a couple of quilts. One is an eye spy quilt and the other is a log cabin. My ufo's is now up to 7 quilts to quilt. That's not including the boom 24 quilt soon. I'm hoping to have them all done by the 4th. Hope everyone is staying safe.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:01 AM

Bugaroo, no I've not done this before. I was actually inspired to do this because several Boomers have made me boom blocks from the remnants they received. And you are very welcome!
Originally Posted by Bugaroo View Post
...Janice, do you me a mini quilt from each BOOM? That is a neat idea. What a memory that creates. Thank your all your work and time in making these BOOMs such a success!
SBG, wow, another grandbaby may be coming next year. Something very happy to look forward to!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
...Little Charlie is adorbs!!! What a face! I am at my daughter’s house for a visit with mine, and she is now 13 months old. They have decided it was time to try for #2... yay!
Tomorrow I will get to see my other grandbaby, 15 months old. That one is walking everywhere now!
Queenbarbiej, uh, oh, 7 ufo's. I'm sure they'll be beautiful when they are completed. Your work is lovely.
Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
Ladies all the blocks are looking lovely. I've been working on a couple of quilts. One is an eye spy quilt and the other is a log cabin. My ufo's is now up to 7 quilts to quilt. That's not including the boom 24 quilt soon. I'm hoping to have them all done by the 4th. Hope everyone is staying safe.
Terriamn, Thanks! Charlie is actually quite small. She's very healthy but she is a slimmer baby and not very long. Her mom is a bit on the shorter side but my son is over 6'. Who knows how tall she'll end up. I'm glad you and your family are well and safe. DH starting his retirement at the lake sounds like a fine beginning.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Janice Charlie is absolutely adorable, can’t believe she is so big already.

Thanks for those who wrote to check on me. I am ok but to be on The safe side headed to the lake this morning and my dd and her family will be going to stay with my older dd in Wisconsin.

Today is hubby’s last day of work and tomorrow Starts a new journey for us
Marija, you are most welcome.
Originally Posted by marija View Post
Thanks to all who made me a block, and Janet for posting mine! ....
Everyone be safe and well!
Old 05-31-2020, 01:31 PM

Queenbarbiej, I have always wanted to do an I Spy quilt. Please post pictures.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:05 PM

Janice, I have enjoyed seeing your tiny blocks. Too little for me! I did make a depression block using the boom fabrics and created a virtual quilt with it and the boom blocks I made.

Attached Thumbnails aaa-depression-block.jpg   aa-combined-blocks.jpg  
Old 06-01-2020, 06:14 AM

How cool, a virtual quilt.

Sewbiz can’t believe the grand babies are that old already. Seems like just yesterday we were waiting for them to be born.

Julia I feel the same way being with my sister. Take today and rest your poor body.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:03 AM

Reminder for Boomers! Those of you who haven't yet shipped, please do so by this coming weekend or Monday at the latest so that your blocks arrive on time. Thank you!

Bibliostone, Love the virtual quilt and the Boom 24 depression block. Thank you for showing us your virtual creation.
Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Janice, I have enjoyed seeing your tiny blocks. Too little for me! I did make a depression block using the boom fabrics and created a virtual quilt with it and the boom blocks I made.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:05 PM

Have any of you done a braided border? If so, how did you handle the corners? Looking for some options.
Photos would be appreciated.

thanks, Mona
Attached Thumbnails braided-border.jpg  
Old 06-01-2020, 12:56 PM

1. Good evening, Boomers. Below is an updated list of everyone whose blocks I've received:

Annt59
Bibliostone
Bugaroo
Christyj80590
Hav4boys
Janice McC
Juliasb
Klaws
LAF2019
Lum
Macybaby
Marcialee
Marija
Mona G
Queenbarbiej
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn
TravelingGramma

Only two more to go!

Last edited by Janice McC; 06-01-2020 at 01:00 PM.