Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 09-23-2020, 11:48 AM
Power Poster

My package is here and I have 19 Flurries! Thank you Janice and everyone who so carefully prepared their fabric.

Nice B&W block for Terri, Janice.

Cheese, there's so much work to do, isn't there? How nice of you and your hubby to help clean up.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:15 PM

Good afternoon, Flurries. I have a bit of a change in plan for my participation in the swap. Unfortunately, thanks to a fall some months back, today I had to set a date of early next month for rotator cuff surgery and I will be out of sewing commission for four months. I can hardly say it much less believe it. So, while I can, I'll sew a few more blocks but I won't be able to get to everyone's in less than 2 weeks. Those f8s I cannot sew I will return to you with my apologies. I'd like for everyone to just set my fabric aside and we'll use it in a future Boom, which at this point will not be prior to February or March 2021. You have my apologies for this but it cannot be helped. Until today, I didn't know the extent of my injury and I just kept muddling through. No more muddling through for me.

What this means for me posting pix and such, I don't know. We may have to go back to the old way of just posting in the threads and enjoying them there. I don't think computer work will be on my therapy list right away.

Again, my apologies. I'm bummed out.

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-23-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:20 PM

Janice - oh no - the pain of sitting and not sewing. Whatever you can not do - mail them to me and I will finish them up. There is no sense of them not be completed. I have adjusted to my mom being here and she hasn't been as disruptive as she used to. So send them my way.
Also if you need me to receive and sort and mail I will do that also.
We will not let you get out of participating!
Old 09-23-2020, 12:23 PM

Cheesehead - When we volunteered for American Red Cross, we usually came a few weeks into it to relieve the first volunteers. From the air you could see blue tarps covering all the houses - it was an unbelievable sight. An it was in patches. Keep safe, and wear gloves. So glad the neighbors are helping each other, makes the volunteer work easier.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:35 PM

Oh Janice, I am so sorry for your not good news (bad would be that nothing could be done, so it's not bad). I have found that the worst part of a surgery is the being good afterwards. Please do not stress, this too will pass and you will sew Spring of next year!!!!
Old 09-23-2020, 12:59 PM

Janice, so sorry to hear you need surgery. The surgery itself is hard enough without all of the restrictions you will have following the procedure.

I'm with TG, I will be more than happy to make more blocks. Please send the fabric our way.

Cheese
Old 09-23-2020, 02:23 PM

Janice, I can fill in for you with the posting. Just let me know. I would love to help out. I know while I was out at the begining of the year, so many helped with the Secret Pal Swap. I would love to help. Let me know.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:25 PM

I am so jealous. I have not received my package yet. I am so ready!
Old 09-23-2020, 02:39 PM

Janice, I am so sorry to here you have to have this surgery. I can assure you from personal experience you will wonder why you ever waited so long to get it fixed. I felt better almost immediately after rotator cuff repair surgery. The recovery time flew by so quickly as my shoulder got stronger and stronger every day the PT did marvels. Just take care of yourself
Old 09-23-2020, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

So sorry you can't participate like you want to, Janice. I am also willing and happy to make some extra blocks. In fact, whatever you need me to do for this group, please ask. I think if you give it a day or so, more of us will be volunteering to sew blocks. I'd like to go ahead and sew your block too. If I "set it aside", it's in danger of getting lost!

So, just get ready for surgery and everything will work out here. No worries.